2008 Cauldron Season Ticket Information

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by SamPierron, Dec 7, 2007.

1. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    So the difference in the walk up between the berm and the Cauldron is $5. The berm you a looking into the sun, The cauldron you are not, plus you are not standing on a hill.

I still think the price is too high, but not unreasonable.

2. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll agree that for the walk-up/day of game purchase, it probably isn't that big of a deal.

At the same time though, aren't the people who frequent the cauldron the people who are more likely to be season ticket holders? At season ticket prices, you're looking at $8.33 versus $16.61... the berm is 1/2 price. That's the difference between whether I buy one full-season ticket or two.

3. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    agree. The cauldron should be the cheapest ticket in the stadium. The almighty dollar may be the biggest determining factor for alot of families. there really isn't much of an arguement to be made about the price. We may end up seeing alot more passion out of that berm than the cauldron due to that price. Only one way to find out.

4. BloodEagle

BloodEagle Member

May 19, 2007
    Kansas city
    so half season tickets, im guessing you choose the games you want tickets for. and also do you get the parking pass and all that stuff?

5. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the past (read: last season), the games in the half-season packages were chosen by the team. However they do have a 5 game pack listed on the web site that includes the first home game, last home game & 3 that you choose. Although the disclaimer seems to imply that they will tell you which games you can pick from for your 3.

6. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the main reason I have not made the final decision to go with half-season tix. I know as soon as I get the half-season that most of the games will wind up on days when we can't get a babysitter. It also sounds like we'd be forced to park in the dirt with the walk-ups...nice bonus for any level of STH commitment IMHO but they didn't ask for my opinion (regardless of popular thought about the matter). I'm pretty sure we won't be able to afford 2 full season tix anymore though. There's a part of me that worries that if I want to go to games I'll wind up sitting on a blanket on the berm...and at that point I'll probably throw in the towel and stay at home.

7. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    From previous posts, it looks like Pez, Spoon and I will all be on the berm with you. There are other regulars I know considering the same thing. But I won't comment for them publically.

The main issue is price, there is no getting around that.

8. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I might do that but I've never been one to just sit on my @$$ and watch a game - and before anyone gets their feathers ruffled I know that some of you are fine with sitting and watching and that's great...to each his own. I'm also one of the guys in the mosh pit at rock shows if that tells ya anything. But hey, wtf are you doing reading a Cauldron ticket thread if you aren't into it anyway...go away ;) .

From some of Sam's posts in another thread it sounds like they're already gearing up to shut down any kind of "new Cauldron on the berm."

And yeah, price is a big issue this year. In a year or two our financial situation could turn back around but for now things are tight. I liked the Cauldron as the cheapest seat in the house and home to the rowdiest bunch of cheap, drunk b*stards around...as it should be. I really worry that we'll see a huge drop in the size of the Cauldron. Hope I'm wrong.

9. toritoritorrence

toritoritorrence New Member

Sep 26, 2007
    the LX
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm with you on that, there is no getting around the price.

and also-i know other people have said this, but i can't see the cauldron growing at 20 dollars a ticket. hell, last year most people that were smart just got 10 dollar tickets from sam and sat in good seats in a fun section.

let's just have a mutiny and create a better looking, louder sub-cauldron over there.

10. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

11. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't worry
    remember last year when we were told that no discount prices would be given out and no free tickets would be given out either ...

then, what, two-three weeks into the season they were giving reduced tickets, then free tickets away (30-40) to a group of people in the section...

so looking at the 1 previous season we may see some more back peddling, just not for the STH...which i still am for $600

i really wanted to get my sister a half package but i can not even afford my tickets so i will have to get here a movie instead this year

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now if the Cauldron is GA (which I believe it is going to be), couldn't people buy berm tickets and move over to Cauldron? Or is that something that would be shut down as well?

I hope so too, but I definitely see it as a problem, if people aren't able to come over as I stated above.

13. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was discussed earlier that the assumption is that you will need a Cauldron ticket to get into the section. After you get in it will be GA as in "stand anywhere." I doubt they'll let you buy berm tix and get into the Cauldron any more than they would let you last year by Cauldron tix and get into the expensive seats. Not saying it didn't/can't happen...just saying it probably technically isn't allowed.

14. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would not be surprised if they stop people with $8 or $10 tickets from coming into a $16/$20 section. yeah, it's GA... but I think they mean GA in the sense of no assigned seating.

edit - what stu said...

15. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yet another reason why this is probably bad. We can't pull in any random people from the area next to us like we could last year. It's going to be a real problem trying to grow the section again in that regard...

16. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I had the same thought right after posting that. Part of why we were excited about the location last year is that we were right next to the other GA section and people were allowed to move over if they wanted. Oh well. But hey, we need to be sure to fill those 700 seats.

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that's hard when you have even diehards that have been in the section for years, like you, Pez, Mark, Spoon and others leaving the section because of the price.....

18. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trust me, I hate the thought of it and hope it doesn't come to that. I'm not trying to take some stand on a matter of principal or anything like that, it's a simply what the budget will and will not allow when we have medical bills piled up that the *#&$@#* insurance companies keep balking at paying (<- a whole different rant for another time). With that situation at home it's harder and harder for me to justify luxury items like sports tickets.

19. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know what you mean Stu, if this remains next year I may be in the berm, since much of my disposable income will be going towards my kid next year...

20. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless the assigned Cauldron tickets are sold out (or close to it) and we have to control for safety, anyone with a ticket at any price level above the Cauldron price level can go in the section.

Entry will be controlled, and it's open seating within the section.

21. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh my stance isn't anything but economical

As a single parent who is hampered by child support and an impending court case in February finances are very limited.

22. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok here is the big question were is LA Porra sitting? I really doubt that they are going to pay $20 a piece to stand in the cauldron. So the only other place for them would be the berm. Which is a non standing area which won't fly with them. So you have just burned that bridge down that you just built last year. So the Cauldron II on the berm will be roudy and loud thus creating a problem with the other fans around us becuase we are making to much noise.

23. AFCfan4ever

AFCfan4ever New Member

May 8, 2005
    Collins, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Out of curiousity, if I was wanting to get season tickets for two (Cauldron or otherwise) would be wise to go with a family package, if there is one, or otherwise?

I'm new to the whole season ticket thing...just don't know which way to go.

24. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    same thing I stated in either this thread or another thread, I don't know which they're all blurring together. I'd guess La Porra would be in the berm because it's the cheapest ticket. When they're told to sit down at the first game or two they'd just say F it and just not come back...

25. FRYE!

FRYE! New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    KC

good luck. i'm not sure they know which way to go. :rolleyes: