2008 Cauldron Season Ticket Information

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by SamPierron, Dec 7, 2007.

1. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Not really on topic, but related to creative advertising that might be used to defray costs.

At a shopping center in Lee's Summit, they had Nationwide Insurance ads placed on every white painted parking lot line.

I thought it was genius.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah I remember reading that quite a few places are looking at doing that.

3. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They let us paint our logo in the middle circle, so why not paint some other sponsor's logos on the field? They could easily be painted over or washed off.

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ths sponsors already have the sign boards around the field though...

5. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm all for getting ad revenue wherever possible, but I don't like it when it messes with the actual field of play. I really don't even want them to put the Wizards logo on it, though that's better than a Geico ad.

6. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's true--forgot about those. I can say this....they need to DROP the damn pasta sponsorship of the corner kicks. We all saw what that did last season. :D

7. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Kansas City Cauldron, brought to you by Boulevard Brewery.

That has a nice ring to it!!!

Or maybe "Chico's Bail Bonds"

or both....you know who you are!

8. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course, now that the figure is out, I doubt that it can really change. I think some of the ideas thrown around here are pretty good, but it just seems that they would have a hard time backing down, esp. with the rationale which accompanied the figure. Not to mention that we'd never hear the end of it from WC (and you thought his posts are long _now_). But it seems like, whether or not it's accurate or there is a good reason (i.e. other source of funding for the bleachers), if they lowered the prices now people would think that the assurances which were made before about the price being made to simply break even were not entirely correct.

Perhaps in the next season we might see adjustments made and this price point being lower - maybe ticket prices across the rest of the stadium are raised, maybe one of the ideas made here are employed... but while I may be wrong, I doubt it changes this season.

/Edit: Of course, nothing prevents the Cauldron _itself_ from getting a sponsor... is it ok if we put ads on our signage we bring to the stadium? Then you'd have to make the Cauldron some sort of pay-into system though (which I believe is not preferred), although I would only think that it would be pay-into as much as the cost of a T-Shirt or something which would display the sponsors as well as a fraction of the signage costs.

/Edit2: And we could sing the sponsor's jingle or something durring the game.

9. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    On the whole I agree with you -- but we all saw how discounted tickets came along last season. And you can always give STH a rebate later :D

10. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about a StarKist Tuna "It's in the net" sponsorship?

11. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's no group pricing info available on the Wizards web site, but I would be interested to see how the Cauldron deal compares to the ticket prices/packages being offered to other "groups".

(Yes, I realize this isn't exactly apples to apples... the Cauldron isn't a traditional "group", group sales are usually for just one game, etc...)

12. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still waiting on that one... I'll keep checking my mailbox though. :rolleyes:

13. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think FIFA says that best...

14. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's also at the Legends - see the parking lot by Linens and Things..

15. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we'll see if they learned from last season. we should keep your quote here flagged so we can refer back to it in july or thereabouts.

16. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Oh good, the world according to Beech. Very helpful, thanks.

Still unanswered: What portion is CAB picking up and how?

17. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i was wondering if anyone else had picked up on this. to the select few, price is second or third on the list of importance. to everone else, price trumps all in the end. unfortunately because of this, i think the designated cauldron area will see zero growth and will look much more like cauldron '06 rather than '07. i really hope i'm as wrong as i could possibly be, because i really love what the cauldron turned into last year and would like to see what it could become if it doubled again.

have they already started converting that berm? i really have no idea, i haven't been out there yet. if not, i'd say back out and just leave it as it is, and go back to the original price layout. it'll save ongoal a boatload of cash.

18. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    The problem isn't the price of the ticket necessarily. I'm not paranoid that the FO is trying to rip us off. 16 dollars is a reasonable amount for an adult ticket to a high level professional sporting event. Yes there will be some people who can't afford it, but that was always going to be an issue.

The major problem for the Cauldron is that there are cheaper tickets available. The price difference is going to make people that would want to be in the Cauldron, not come to the Cauldron.

This is the same reason I was more worried about the original bleacher section being "overpriced" in comparison to the safety questions of the berm.

I fear the 299 Cauldron will not be nearly as popular as it could be as long as there is a half price option for walkup customers. At least with the 10 dollar tickets last year, people had to know who to call in order to get a discount.

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution other than to leave the LF berm as grass.

19. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it makes you feel better, the walkup price for berm tickets is $15.

20. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, i don't think they are either. that's not what i meant, not that you were referring to me or assuming that's what i meant. i just think it was an oversight.

bingo.

21. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the supporter group was really organized, which it isn't, then absolutely, we'd have the power that Screaming Eagles/Barra Brava have and could probably easily get group discounts. We couldn't get very many to show up for elections and I feel it will be the same way this next elections. A lot of apathy in organization from the "group". A lot of stone throwing by people that don't show up for any meetings, etc. Not just you.

And to that also - it's not always "pile on Dave". it's just that you put yourself out there on pretty much every topic and a lot fo times make really rediculous statements - especially when you just hypothicize about the worst possible scenario of how "discussions" went with members of the FO. You don't ask, you just start making assumptions. It's your style mostly. That said, I like a lot of stuff you write.

22. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And while there are draw backs to paid membership, this is one of the pluses of it, because as an organized group buying season tickets we have a bit more pull then a group of individuals that are just in the same part of the stadium....

23. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

First rep to you for the first paragraph.(wait I am out, could someone hit him for me please?) I have a feeling that is what is going to happen as well. One of the main reason the section grew as fast as it did last year was the pricing. But like Szazzy said you had to know who to call to make that happen. I can see another SS out on the right field berm.

No the bleachers are not up yet. It is too cold to pore concrete so the process has not started yet.

24. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ask and ye shall receive. Done.

25. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Dave why don't you go get yourself a cross for christmas, and everytime you feel like your being dogpiled on for your opinions you can just nail yourself to it, so that the whole world can see how much you are being persecuted.