2008 Baltimore Orioles Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Rjbatzler, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Rjbatzler

Rjbatzler Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First place in the AL East! It's just a matter of time until we start blaming Angelos isn't it.

Any O's fans on Bigsoccer?

2. MNAFETSC

MNAFETSC Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Blacksburg
    I'm a Mets fan first but everyone has a favorite other league team and the O's are my AL team. I just got my tickets in the mail for the midweek Boston series one month from today. Can't wait last time I was there Cal was still playing and Mo Vaughn was 1st baseman for the Red Sox.

3. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    While I'm a Sox fan, I ordered two tickets for May 31 and June 1. Midweek games ain't happening. Quite an impressive start for the O's I must say. And IMHO they're finally doing the right thing by doing as much of an overhaul as they can. If Angelos buts out and lets McPhail do his job, things could really be looking up soon in Charm City.

4. MNAFETSC

MNAFETSC Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Blacksburg
    Who would have thought a late April series between the O's and Rays would be a battle for first. This is just a fun team to watch. Hopefully the fans forget about Angelos and just come out and support this team.

5. Rjbatzler

Rjbatzler Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We just swept the Red Sox! It was a two game series but still....

6. MNAFETSC

MNAFETSC Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Blacksburg
    Ride it as long as possible. They were great games coming back 3-0 down two days in a row, this team has got guts. It was fun watching all those Sox fans slump in their seats the first night after loading the bases with no outs and getting no runs, and I had a perfect view in the very last row of the stadium behind home plate to watch my first ever live grand slam to send those sox fans packing.

7. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Freddie Bynum needs to be permanently banished to a beer league or to wiffle ball. Now. He makes Julio Lugo look like Cal in his prime on O and Ozzie Smith with the glove.

8. MNAFETSC

MNAFETSC Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Blacksburg
    The Orioles hangout lit up with 4-5 threads about him tonight. I went for a run after the Jays tied it up, exactly what did he do tonight that everyone is going bananas over?

9. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Game winning ground ball went right between his legs, easy play, oops. Someone with a better track record would get the benefit of the doubt, but it seems like every time I turn on an O's game, he ********s up.

10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States