2008-2009 Chinese Abroad [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by seb_perpignan, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    HKers have fallen in love with Birmingham? So it wasn't just me. :)

Yeah only Zheng (and maybe Shao) has a chance at a work permit, so Yeung doesn't really have a choice.

2. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If ZZ does go to Birmingham (as everyone here suggests is a certainty) where would he play? Outside being a handyman I don't see him getting much playing time and I'd rather he goes to the Championship and gets some games rather then see him sit on the bench as an advert for Yeung

3. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    thats why i'm doubtful over the move. makes little sense in footballing terms

4. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    since when did signings have to be made for purely footballing terms? McLeish wouldn't want Zheng, but Yeung does and if X is right and he's a free, all the better. I'm not saying that it will happen, I'm as dubious over it as all of you, but on paper it sets up perfectly for Yeung to want to persue him. He's been talking about wanting to bring in a top Chinese player for awhile now and Zheng would fit the bill. For Zheng, its a chance, albeit slim, that he'd get back to playing EPL football.

5. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    If McLeish plays 4-4-2, then ZZ would compete with Barry Ferguson and Lee Bowyer for the CM spot. Maybe ZZ can play in the hole behind Nikola Zigic. He'll provide good depth on the bench.

http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/birmingham-city/transfers/verein_337.html

6. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC