2008-2009 Champions' League Group Stage Draw and Schedule

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by EvanJ, Jun 16, 2008.

1. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    what makes them better?

didn´t we raped them a few months ago?
    naw, it was atlante.... the champion... lol

BTW saprissa will be preseasoning in mexico, they´ll play Veracruz, Tapatío, Jaguares de Chiapas, Necaxa and a couple more to be confirmed later

tapatio? :confused: primera B ?

2. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    sure, why not? because they are not mexican? get a life jaredboy, I´ve seen you supporting every single mexican team that has played against saprissa! and you have a losing record man, stop losing, be a winner

3. sshami88

sshami88 New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    NY
    lol depends on the opponent..but if we were to play one on one..we would win, yet again after malajuelence terrible performance in the copa sudamericana, i'll be afraid we will be ever be invited to south american tournament. :p

4. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    You guys were supposed to play in this year's copa sudamericana, but since you're playing in this tourney you won't.

BTW, You guys better beat Cruz Azul.

5. Bujias

Bujias Member

May 4, 2007
    Mexico, GDL.
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well the fact that America ended last was the stupidity of your Directivos, everyone know's that you guys had a team, but ok lets get ride of el Ruso and bring the worst Manager last season YEAAAHH!!

And to answer your question NO, i dont think Saprissa is better than America, but if they had played with romano as the America Manager, saprissa would have own America like every other Mexican team exept Tecos and i dont remember what else that season.

I already stated before saprissa would be a half table in Mexico i have no doubt about that, and yes they are better than the team with more than half a century with out winning anything Atlas.

Oooo BTW im a Chiva, i'v lived in Mexico Guadalajara all my life, im just stating the obvious and being realistic.

6. sshami88

sshami88 New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    NY
    10 percent??? we can beat tecos, morelia, san luis, jaguares, toluca ( we have beaten toluca) america, necaxa, chivas.......( on a good night) puebla, atlante, atlas, pumas( obviously) monterrey( obviously) tigres( please, what a joke) pachuca nope, they prove they were better, but we did play good against them , especially the second game, santos probably not, cruz azul, yes.....

seriously more than half the teams here we can beat and play toe to toe with and even outclass them. chivas, santos, cruz azul and pachuca are the only ones that could beat us, but not walk over us either........ and trust me i watch mexican soccer, we are better than 10%;) sry but i admit saprissa is weak away from home, at home we can eat almost any team up alive.

at the end of the day the play on the pitch talks.:)

7. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Who's that one guy who always posts all those stats? Maybe he can tell us what the record between Mexican vs Costa Rican clubs are.

BTW, those teams you mentioned can also beat you guys, we don't really know until they play you guys.

8. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That guy has been red carded, good riddance. Besides, anyone with the time can go copy and paste wikipedia, which is what he did most of the time, anyway.

9. sshami88

sshami88 New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    NY

true, true, yea i know those guys could beat us lol but i just wanted to show we can beat them too. :D

10. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Damn, why he got red carded? He always seemed like one of those "good" posters.

11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Silentounce is talking about Gethomas I think your thinking about SwissGCZ.

12. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Yea i was talking about Swiss, so he didn't get red carded?

13. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    not yet, but I will try to red him one of this days! :D
    cheers!

14. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    who the hell is talking to you barney Morada? why not? because the other great Costa Rican team got trashed 11-2 in the first round of a lesser Conmebol tourney, LOL! thats why not! Well ok go ahead and think Saprissa can reach the semi's of Libertadores, meanwhile there's actual proof that Atlas is good enough to reach the quarters of Libertadores. I only support America and that team that kicked Saprissa's ass out of the CCC Toluca. I do prefer to see a mexican team win the CCC instead of a Costa rican team as long as its not guadalajara.

15. sshami88

sshami88 New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    NY
    well everything here you say here is true, except that toluca kicked our ass, they beat us at toluca, and we were abusing them in costa rica 3:1 until the last minute sanchez scored and made the game 3-2 and won by agreggate. :p

16. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    no actually I am almost certain the game was tied 2-2 and in the last minute saprissa scored and won the game 3-2.

17. sshami88

sshami88 New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    NY
    lol no no toluca won at home 2:0 and we were winning 3:1 in costa rica, but in the last minute sanchez scored..lol look it up.:)

18. manudo1987

manudo1987 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Heredia,Costa Rica
  19. sshami88

sshami88 New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    NY
    lol sry i was thinking of the wrong game, sanchez scored right before drummond...lol my bad i apologize. 3-2 saprissa.

20. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    you are funny jared, keep going boy

21. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I'm starting to really excited about this tournament. Group A of course is where my focus is, and in particular DC United. DC could either win their group, or finish last, amongst those teams. You never know. DC's shown a capability to play well against Central American teams (Olimpia of Honduras for example, beat them pretty convincingly earlier in the year). However Mexican teams are another story.

So far this year in MLS DC has looked great at times, and terrible at times.

22. SG14

SG14 New Member

Jun 13, 2008
    Saprissa can beat about half the mexican teams. as long as the play them ones and a while. but if they were to play with them in the league, i dont believe they could beat any one past the last four. (tecos, puebla, jaguares, and san luis)
    MLS teams and central american teams see mexican teams as their biggest rivals just like the national teams do. mean while mexican teams dont really see them as rivals. they see south americans as big rivals. this is mexicos problem they underestimate teams. (even if they say they dont, they do belize) if mexico was to play every one like they try to play against brazil and argentina the out comes would be different. but this is a hole different story.
    saprissa beating toluca in costa rica doesnt mean they can beat them all the time. the scores are the only proof mex2-0 costa3-2. the 2-0 shows the superiority of the mexican club. they scored in costa rica and saprisa didnt score in mexico. even if it was last minute it counts.

23. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    but we know how to score PKs ;) (tecnjologico de monterey)

24. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

your still talking to me barney, no losing 11-2 on agg is funny

25. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    sure it was funny, and it will always be funny, just like hugo sanchez face when he lost the CCC final vs saprissa a few years ago, but you are funnier