2007 Club World Cup [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by la fresa, Aug 15, 2007.

1. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    http://www.fifa.com/clubworldcup/ne...mittee+strengthens+fifa+club+world+cup+format

draw recently held.

Pachuca will play the African Champion. Should they advance, they'll play Boca Jrs.

Pachuca against Boca in the CWC has the making to be a great game, and gives Pachuca a good chance to reach the final, what with the recent history of Mexican teams vs. Argentinian teams.

wonder if Requilme will be with them by the time this tourney comes around

discuss

2. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Riquelme returns to Villarreal

3. sidis

sidis Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Itaguaí-RJ - Brazil
    good luck for pachuca, they can win the cupm i will support then.

4. Banner or Hulk?

Mar 11, 2006
    How much, if any, will the CWC interfere with the FMF schedule? I remember last year there were worries about what America would do if it made it to the liguilla final while having to participate in CWC days later. I would hope that Pachuca would want to perform well in the CWC but they might be more interested in another domestic league title instead.

5. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    Saturday/Sunday, Dec 8/9 would be the return game for the final, and Pachuca is scheduled to play on the 9th in Japan, so it would matter. Of course, they could have fixed this by either having one additional fecha doble early on, or by getting rid of the repechaje.

The Sudamericana final is scheduled for Nov 29 and Dec 5, so will also play a role in matters if Pachuca makes it.

6. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    why is it so difficult to have a schedule that works ? man, somebody at the FMF should invest in a daily planner to avoid these types of problems.

7. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    The semis are set in CAF:

Al Hilal (Sudan) - Etoile Sahel (Tunisia)
    Al Ittihad (Libya) - Al Ahly (Egypt)

8. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    Are Al Ahly favorites to win, yet again?

9. Robert_08

Robert_08 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    El Paso
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes
    Al Ahly is Unstopable!

10. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    A Club America fan would know... ;)

[​IMG]
    Pretty much. The fact that a Sudani and Libyan club made it this far is a surprise and that leaves Etoile Sportive du Sahel (ESS) as the main challenger. It would be Al Ahly's third consecutive CAF Champions League title, and would make them the sole record holder with six titles (they currently share the record with Egyptian rivals Zamalek at five.)

11. Robert_08

Robert_08 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    El Paso
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    HAhaha good one
    No but realy they are
    They got some realy good players like this one
    AbuTreka
    [​IMG]

12. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592911

the hate of some people is amazing sometimes.

sure, no one here believes pachuca is the best team in the world, but based on recent results/success, they should be listed as one (not on form, or competitiveness, but based on success). i like how a boca fan downplays the copa sudamericana, even though they won it twice and seemed quite happy to do so

funny that a plastic chelsea fan started that thread, with all their money they sitll can't, and never will win the champions league

pachuca, imo, just needs to get another quality striker, to add depth, and get rid of marquez lugo and rey, because theyre useless. i can definitely see them beating (most likely) al ahly, and boca this december

13. sidis

sidis Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Itaguaí-RJ - Brazil
    Pachuca need respect, but Milan is the favorite, by far.

Boca is pretty competitive, but will face pachuca in the semis (probably)

14. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    yeah, last time they played this competition, milan took it very seriously, much like liverpool. they're a great organization that always wants to win. they will definitely be favorites.

pachuca - boca, i think will play in the semis. it will be a very tough match, boca is boca, and pachuca has had a lot of success recently. mexican teams have done fairly well against teams from argentina as of late, but boca has always caused trouble against us (cruz azul, pumas, etc). it will be a great match, should they play.

15. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    [​IMG]

CAF Semis, First Leg:

Al Hilal (Sudan) - Etoile Sahel (Tunisia) 2:1
    Al Ittihad (Libya) - Al Ahly (Egypt) 0:0

16. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If Pachuca keeps losing games to teams like Veracruz 3-0... then you can forget it. But I hope this is just a slump for them and that they can hit their stride again once this tournament gets underway. They are really missing Calero.

17. ЯR

ЯR New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Morocco
    If they have Calero back..theres no reason for them not to be able to win it.

Boca is boca only at home. I always tell boca fans to eat sht and die, because i hate that club so much. With or without Riquelme, their no match.

18. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pachuca is not impressive lately, their cavalier manner is great when your scoring... They just look off, I hope they find their mojo again because I do not want to see another goleada like last year.

19. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You mean the beating Barca had on mis aguilas? We had it coming to us... we were playing terrible that apertura anyway even though we got to the semis. If Pachuca plays like the way they've been playing lately, forget Mila, Boca is gonna kill them. Like I said before, I hope los Tuzos can bounce back. After the club world cup, they can suck all they want.:D

20. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    You don't want them to do well in the 2008 Champions Cup? ;)

21. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Fuck Pachuca!

Plain and simple!

I remember last year and most part of this year how many non-Americanistas were showing support to America. When we failed, they declined to talk about the facts that lead to the downfall and starting bashing just because it was CLUB AMERICA!

I will never support a Mexican League club in International play.

The way Pachuca is playing right now, and knowing that a chance Calero wont be there, I wouldnt be surprised if Al-Ahly or who ever advances rapes them.

Mosquera was a key piece in Pachucas success, and if Manzur doesnt step up quick I dont see Pachuca rising as the Victors.

22. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

23. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ANY........................

Other than America.

24. Escudo Mexicano

Escudo Mexicano Red Card

Jul 31, 2007
    Glendale AZ

you are a horrible man for wishing your fellow countrymen ill will.

25. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    WTF:confused:

Where did I wish ill?

All i said was that i will never support ANY Mexican League Team in International play, Other than Club America!

And since when Pachuca is all Mexico? I heard it was Pachucombia now a days:rolleyes:..