2007 CCC Final: Chivas vs. Pachuca CF [R]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Nico Limmat, Apr 7, 2007.

1. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    thats two years running i predict the champion of the CCC befor the tourney even starts :cool: Chivas continue their 200 years without an international title :D.

2. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Wrong on 2 counts:

Bravo didn't score and MAN were you wrong 'bout the Chivas fans taking over the stadium.

3. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pachuca win their second CONCACAF Champions Cup after 2002...

4. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
  5. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ahora si estos dos se ven en Liguilla y pierde GDL, eso si va a doler!

6. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    Dont mean to change to topic but where are Terraza's cartoons at? They used to be on Mediotiempo.com but they changed. What link is Terraza still drawing.

7. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    200 years? Chivas won CONCACAF Champions Cup in 1962 by beating CSD Comunicaciones...

8. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    No it would actually feel really good, oh you meant to the devil worshipers?.......:D

I said it was gonna be 60/40, and according to what Elmer Souza said just before the start of the game it was about 50/50, so I wasn't that far off, and about Omar not scoring, well I actually was expecting chivas to play a more offensive type of football, and so I thought Omar was gonna at least score once, but chepo decided to go with a more defensive posture, to keep pachuca from scoring, and he got it right, pachuca never looked like they were gonna score, but then again neither did chivas.......what can I say I love it when I'm wrong, well not really but at least this time I do........

9. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I didn't.

When teams want to win a game or series, they play accordingly. It's quite funny that nobody has addressed the defensive nature of last night's game. Neither team wanted to get hung out to dry. And they both played quite conservative.

But no surprises... 'Course... my how the pomeranians would've been yapping away if it were a non-Mexican team doing that. :rolleyes:

10. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That is true, when a team wants to win with urgency they change their style and play conservatively or defensively.

Chivas did this with DCU even, they knew they needed the result and couldnt bare an embarassment.

Pachuca has a great offensive group with dangerous players that run up front. Chivas was aware of this and adjusted their game. A smart thing to do.

Now if Chivas were playing any other team, such as Veracruz, this weekend vs Jaguares or any other normal team in normal circumstances, then they play their offensive attacking game, atleast at the beginning to get the upper hand. Chivas even played offensive during the 1st leg of the DCU game, showing a self confidence, or lack of respect whatever you wanna call it.

Dont even try to jail bait with that BS about people yapping away. When a team only plays bunker and always has to respect thier opponent and always has to kick and run, then it is consideres punk and wussy ball.

he dicho

y por eso odio este pinche sawker de este pais.

es todo, adios.

11. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ..... y el de Italia, cuatro veces campeon mundial......

And it's not every opponent, and it's never even a true "bunker" like a team does in the return stage of a tournament when they have a 1 goal lead from the 65th minute on. The d-backs attack while the d-mid plays very, very far back...

... against Mexico.

B/c it works.

3 goals allowed, 8 years while scoring a lot more. That's why they do it.

But the important thing, like you've agreed, is that the scoreboard dictates the style of play more than anything. It makes little sense to play a high-flying, offensive machine like Pachuca in a manner that Pachuca loves. Not only is Chivas a "lesser" team in that regard -- not a knock on Chivas; Pachuca just a freaking very good team -- but it would have allowed Pachuca to dictate the pace and flow of the game.

A governing principal of defensive strategy in all sports is to deny the opponent the ability to "play their game". In hoops, a team that likes to build attacks slowly and patiently... run the bastards to death. Make it all about the transition game. 5 guys fast-breaking on every single possession change. While it's the opposite w/ a fast-breaking team: methodical, slow game will frustrate that opponent.

And frustrated opponents are more prone to make mistakes.

The US plays Mexico the way it does b/c it takes Mexico out of its flow. It frustrates them to no end. Frustrated players commit fouls. Voila... set-piece. Voila... punto debil mexicano. Voila goal.

More frustration. More mistakes, even on the offensive end. The forwards feel added pressure and are frustrated. The mids and defense are frustrated, commit an error and voila... counter-attack goal.

The recipe is quite simple. And it won't change until Mexico can learn to play that. And a smart coach would watch the WCQs and mimic the US strategy on the Big Stage...

12. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    whats that frankie valli song the pachuca fans play with the trumpets called??

13. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    it was a joke. the fact that its been a long time. thats why I ended it with this :D