2007 CCC Final: Chivas vs. Pachuca CF [R]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Nico Limmat, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Soccer_Z

Soccer_Z New Member

May 3, 2006
    Lakewood, CO
    OMG, the first half was great. That equalizer from Chivas in the 44th minute was outstanding.

2. Penta_redded

Penta_redded Red Card

Apr 2, 2007
    Great game, it was stupid for some of those mls fans to say pachuca was superior to chivas LOL what a bunch of homos. Chivas in 2nd place in the table, dont get it twisted.

3. Soccer_Z

Soccer_Z New Member

May 3, 2006
    Lakewood, CO
    Great game, great game.

4. Mr.Bill

Mr.Bill Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Fargo
    Last time I checked some Costa Rican teams have had success recently and the two teams in the final this year. One needed extra time the other went thru 3-2 with two own goals for. Granted they dominated alot of play but boring? :confused:

5. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Looks like they went with the alternate third kit... :D

6. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    some mexicans only remember when they win :rolleyes:

7. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    The game ended 2:2 by the way...

FT: Chivas [2 - 2] Pachuca

21' [0 - 1] J.C. Cacho
    43' [1 - 1] O. Bravo
    66' [2 - 1] O. Bravo
    82' [2 - 2] M. Cabrera

8. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    :confused:

Um.

Isn't Pachuca above Chivas by something like 5 points? And... a 2-2 tie w/ a 3rd (and winning) goal nullified by a bad offside call... is not a bad result.

Chivas is up the creek in this series.

I'm sorry. I just see Pachuca being a better team than Chivas. And the tabla general, last night's game PLUS the fact that DC has been crushed in their 2 MLS games thus far, while Houston has played well... kinda give that theory credence.

9. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
  10. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I remember losing to Saprissa. I wasnt surprised with the result either.

So with MLS allegedly improving sooo very much, I guess thats leaving CR to be out of the picture all together. Sort of the same tier as a St Kitts or jamaica.

ok, ok, maybe a guatemala.

Lates

:)

11. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Not at all.

CR is still "the Brazil of Central America". MLS was fortunate in a couple of regards:

1. CR had an off year, which gave MLS squads a bit more breathing room. They were NOT 90 minutes fit in the opening games.

2. The fact that they took FMF teams to the limit will give next year's clubs quite a bit of confidence, and they'll prepare even better for the tournament. You won't see a team like Houston coming out so timidly like they did against Pachuca in the first leg.

The flip side is that you won't have a Mexican team blow off the first leg like Pachuca did, expecting to waltz right through.

12. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yeah, probably go in and blow out, instead of blowing off.

13. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Special circumstances would have a repeat of the Pumas - DCU Revenge of Tlatelolco massacre, like an MLS team losing a ton of players to transfers, trades, injuries and suspension. But the improvements to infrastructure (Reserve League, youth teams -- which won't be in full gear for another couple of seasons, tv contracts, 1/2 the league in team-owned stadia, etc.) make it such that depth won't be as much of an issue.

Keep in mind that Pachuca is a cut above the rest of FMF this season. The league is so competitive and the "meat market" trading/selling/buying of players after each season (which I admit to not understanding) makes it really difficult to maintain cohesion and dominance even from one season to the next.

So it's frequent that a really strong team in Nov/Dec. peters out the next season, right at the time of CCC.

Or Club WC, like in the case of Club America.

14. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    A player that has already played a qualifier with one team and gets tranfered to another team playing in the same tournament shall not be able to play in the CCC

Concacaf: Emilo, brazilian that played for olimpia in the UNCAF also played for DCU in the CCC

UEFA: ronaldo (milan AC) is not able to play cause he played for real madrid in the first part of the champions league

15. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    FACT 1: I have never seen Saprissa getting eliminated by a MLS team
    FACT 2 I have seen Saprissa eliminate every single MLS team they have played

(yes I know, its the same :D)

16. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It can't be, Pachuca only has 4 domestic league titles, and in that logo it has 5 stars....so, by process of elimination that star represents the Sudamericana.

[​IMG]

17. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Well Houston did lose 5-2

18. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    And Pachuca lost 2-0.

And?

Are you guys at all familiar w/ how home and away series work? At any point were any of the 22 players on the field playing as if it were 0-0, 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2, 4-2 and then 5-2?

Or were they playing... at all times like the score was 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, 2-3, 3-3, 3-4, 4-4?

It's the latter.

Did you ppl actually watch the game? At 3-4... the entire stadium, which had been rocking... was dead silent b/c Pachuca was w/in minutes of getting eliminated.

And at that point it was "3-2" and the team that was "winning" was panicking and desperate for a goal.

This isn't World Rivalries. Try and elevate the discourse in respect to the game and at the very least try to show that you have some semblance of an understanding of the game. :rolleyes:

19. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    I don't know if anyone else has said this, but I wonder if this is the first time that teams face each other in multiple confederation championships. Chivas beat Pachuca in the 2005 Libertadores (round of 16).

20. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    yeah and did you noticed that MLSers tend to ignore this type of posts, since they are "closing the gap":rolleyes: ..........

It might be the first, since they only other country that could've that very same thing happen is Australia, and it might happen again in the future in the concacaf Champions cup if chivas and america ever face off against each other, since they played agaisnt each other in the very first Libertadore that we were invited to.......

and going back to the "main" topic, for some reason I think guadalaja is gonna come up on top after 180 minutes, though I gotta say even though GDL was much better than pachuca in the first game pachuca should've won it by at least a goal, but I think in pachuca with a 60/40 crowd in favor of gualajara they are gonna manage to go around pachuca and they'll will win 2-1, I just don't see how pachuca is gonna manage to keep bravo from scoring............god I hope I'm wrong........

21. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or maybe it's because we actually respect the Costa Rican teams and more often than not, the opinion of its fans, especially MoRado.

If you'd let go of the trash talk for just 5 minutes and stop assuming that everyone else is looking to disrespect your team, you might see that some of us are actually trying to discuss soccer.

22. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Are you f***ing serious??

Are you illiterate?

Perhaps he didn't "notice" that MLSers "tend to ignore this type of posts" b/c he was responding to a post that acknowledged the strength of the Ticos.

Voila:

And to top things off, aside from plaguing the boards w/ your illiteracy, you neg rep me?

I don't mind getting neg rep'ed, but at the very minimum... read the post you neg rep, m'kay.

Are you here to engage in discussion or are you here to react to anything that an American says?

23. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Good teams find ways to score when they're being outplayed. I think Pachuca has been in better form of late (well, the entire Clausura season) and that 2-2 away result is awesome.

They're extremely good at keeping the ball out of their net at home, so Chivas has a might task in front of them.

Bravo is definitely on a roll, but I'd take Gimenez and Chitiva over Bravo and Bofo, especially at home.

Is it really going to be that high? I can't imagine Pachuca fans letting go of home field advantage like that, or at least you would *think* that. But I honestly don't know.

24. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i also doubt there will be more chiva fans in hidalgo

25. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    Funny, you don't mind getting neg rep, but this isn't the first time I have seen you whine about it..........

Maybe Chaco Gimenez on his day might be better than Omar and Bautista but not chitiva, chitiva is just one of many in the league, he just looked good against MLS teams because they have lots of problems dealing with fast skillful players, but defenders in mexico know how he plays, so he wont be that much of a factor, or at least I don't think he will, I my self think that Alvarez is a better player, if he comes in the second half he could make Martinez look like the fool he is.....

I never assumed that someone was trying to "disrespect" my team, since my team is not even playing in this final, heck I don't think it was even mentioned by name or even refered to once in this topic, and I haven't seen you actually discuss any sawker in this topic spazzo, so I don't even know what are you whining about.....:rolleyes: