2007 asian cup host vote!

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by tato_Top, Jun 22, 2004.

1. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    who do you think should win the bid for 2007 Asian cup host

2. Im not in asia but indonesia seems like the safest and biggest place...and its cool tooo

3. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
  4. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    AFC moved it because they don't want the tournament to compete with the Olympics or Euro Championships for attention, esp since the 2008 Games are going to be in Beijing.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=302004&cc=5901

5. Taeguk Warrior

Taeguk Warrior Red Card

Feb 19, 2004
    CO...I miss SoCal
    Thailand or maybe Malaysia. Cambodia has some nice scenery but it's Fourth World. Indonesia has internal issues with religious violence and seperatism mixed together and the Philippines has no football tradition whatsoever...plus they have a serious issue with Muslim seperatists down south as well. Thailand and Malaysia have the best infrastructure to host a big event like the Asian Cup so it will come down to these two countries.

I know of a few state of the art World Cup stadiums in 2 particular East Asian countries that need a useful event besides being glorified parking lots with seats. Ah well can't score twice all the time.

6. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thailand. They're the strongest footballing nation out of all of those, and there's great tourism opportunities as well.

7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Malaysia or Thailand. But I think they will give it to Thailand.

8. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
  9. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  10. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I vote for Thailand

11. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I would like to ask a new question.

Was moving to 2007 from 2008 good idea? I think 2008 was better. Because that way national team will face one big competions every two years and minor competitions other years:

2005: Regional Competition such as EAFF, Conferations Cup
    2006: World Cup
    2007: Regional Competition such as EAFF, Conferations Cup
    2008: Asian Cup
    2009: Regional Competition such as EAFF, Conferations Cup
    2010: World Cup
    2011: Regional Competition such as EAFF, Conferations Cup
    2012: Asian Cup

12. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    i choose indonesia..why?bcoz indonesia is a country mad of football!trust me even the religion issues and any otehr issues will gone when their national team playing in their own country...and i bet it will be great for the AFC to choose indonesia to be the host of asian cup 2007.they will regain a lot of money from the spectators that come to indonesia.Did u know that eventho indonesian league is one of the worse leage in asia but the spectators that come to stadium averagely around 15,000-20,000 peoples...and if indonesian national team playing there will be around 40,000-100,000 peoples will come to the staium..just give indonesia a change to be the host bcoz indonesia also apply for World Cup 2022.

so i choose indonesia

13. Yuke

Yuke New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Japan
    If I remember correct, Thailand and KSA are not in good diplomatic relation. I don't think AFC(you know who rules the organization) would let it happen. When the Asian Games took place in Thailand, I believe KSA didn't participate in the contest.

Well, I've never been to the country, but I know my Indonesian friends have told me before that they were crazy about football. I could tell that by reading some articles on Iwata's visit to Indonesia some years ago. The stadium was packed with the crowd, and many desparate people were sitting on the roof to watch the game. Yet, Indonesia is not a safe place...the country has so many turmoils from the West Timor problem to the bomb explosion in Bari targeting on the foreigners.

Malaysia(and Singapore) would be the top candidate, and I think Vietnam comes next. The two Malay nations are good in terms of wealth and infrastructure to host the tournament.

14. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    well as long as indonesian goverment can guarantee the safety for all contestant..i guess there will be no problem.

and well...my second choice will be malaysia.

15. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    indonesia has history of human rights violation issues. its economy i think is still in a mess, not to mention terrorist threats that government has no control over.

i say thailand. i've been there and it's nice. people love football. i dont think malaysians even play football. or do they?

16. nw

nw Member

Nov 14, 2000
    I vote none of the above, the heat and humidity will be too much of a factor.

17. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Indonesia would be my first choice. They have the fans, and the stadia. My second choice would be Malaysia. I don't think Thailand should host it. Apparently, their bid states that they want to hold all the games in Bangkok. Holding a 16 team tournament in 1 city is ridiculous.

18. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    cool indonesia vs thailand...hmm..i wish indonesia will host it

19. Nepal Footy

Nepal Footy New Member

Feb 8, 1999
    Nepal
    Having lived in Thailand for a few years and followed Thai football - Thailand would be a terrible host.

Change that - they would be great hosts, but no one would show up at any of the games, except for Thai national team. Thai people are only crazy for European soccer.

During the Asian Games there was only around 10,000 fans for the finals between Iran and Kuwait - about 5,000 of them ex-pat Iranians.

Whoever gets the tournament should have to guarantee a minimum attendance. Send factory workers to the stadium if that is what it takes!

20. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You can say the same thing with any of the host. I doubt the games not involving the host will draw many fans.

21. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Malaysia

22. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    It doesnt matter which country takes it in 2007. What matters is that the ones following 2007 for the next 10 years will all be placed in oil-rich and AFC loving mid-east because it was out of their region for 2004 and 7.

23. j&bontherock

j&bontherock BigSoccer Supporter

I heard that Indonesia is one of the most populated country in the world, how come your national team has never won a major competition outside the region? what is wrong with your football organization ?