2007/2008 Villarreal General News/Rumours thread.

Discussion in 'Comunidad Valenciana' started by Pints, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Member

Apr 1, 2003
    Some stadium in Qatar
    interesting about the 18-year old. How do you rate him?

I am very interested in all of Villareal's signings....

I mean... i was thinking Rossi was a mistake, and now i stand corrected...

After seeing sunday's game vs REAL, i am convinced that
    A) we need to sell Senna or
    B) we need to get cover for him.

He's obviously talented, but he's burning faster than roll paper. He should have been out and Mavuba in (if he was around).

He wasn't running, he wasn't intercepting....
    although his passing was accurate as usual, but he was not asking for the ball at all. Josico was trying, but that's not good enough...

We really need a all-around center mid, and a defender. Cygan is back to his best (thank god!!) I wasn't impressed with our right-back (notice all goals came from that zone)

Guille needs out. Maybe even Tommasson. We have too many strikers. And we just got another.

Why can't Caceres come back home?

2. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    I think loaning Mavuba out, even if he was unhappy, was a mistake. Josico is just coming off a major injury, and Dragonlord is right, Senna has been slower lately. And in terms of defense, I think Javi Venta had an off game the other day, but against Robinho, anyone can. I still think we need to pull in another defender, and the transfer window is closing. I would love to see Caceres back early, but if nothing else, why not pull De La Bella up from the B squad. He was looking good this past summer, and could be reliable as depth in center-mid. And for that matter, we are incredibly lucky Capdevilla has stayed so healthy. Our options at left-back are slim.

3. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
  4. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Member

Apr 1, 2003
    Some stadium in Qatar
    any truth to the Albeda rumours?

He doesnt want to leave the valencian community....so its a plus.

I guess he is good but i have no idea what position he plays in or even what age he is!
    It just sounds like a good swoop in general though.

5. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
  6. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
  7. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Member

Apr 1, 2003
    Some stadium in Qatar
    anyone in manhattan that may want to watch the Villareal games with me in a pub or spanish restaurant?

8. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
  9. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Member

Apr 1, 2003
    Some stadium in Qatar
    limited to Gol TV....which i don't have since my building does not permit satellite. As a result, i am forced to see it at a spanish watering hole around the corner of my chelsea apt. Its pretty central, but i would be willing to go to more distant locations to get a better atmosphere (most fans at the restaurant are madrid with a few catalans)

10. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Villarreal linked to a number of players;

midfielder Matthieu Dossevi (Le Mans)
    center back Edu Dracena
    left back Mane

Also, Javi Venta signs for another year.

http://www.villarrealusa.org