2006/2007 Chievo Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by SueB, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    yes i want him to go, any other striker would be putting them away.

2. Epirotian

Epirotian New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Himare, Albania
    Where is Randy Moss when u need him?? I cant believe he got beat that far that was his fault he misstimed that shot and jumped to early to far.

3. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't understand why they got rid of Tiribocchi and kept Pellissier. Tiribocchi was a much better finisher.

4. Epirotian

Epirotian New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Himare, Albania

True but the attack is the last of their worries in my book they need a good playmaker off the wings and a good defensive midfielder. It is tough to win games especially in Seria A without a good playmaker. I would of suggested Jahmir Hyka from Rosenborg a while ago but he got capped by Olympiakos in Greece. Very Technical awesome passer and quick on his feet. Hes only 18 YO but played many games as a starter for the champions of Norway Rosenborg they couldnt keep him because he couldnt get a visa extension. Heres a small clip of what im talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X-MABzVtGY

I dont know how much money Chievo is willing to spend but I think Ribery of Marseille would answer all their problems on offense.

5. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    the problem with getting a playmaker is Del Neri's rigid 4-4-2. It leaves no space for a playmaker.

6. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    anyone know where i can stream Chievo games?

7. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Serie A - Week 31
    Atalanta v Chievo

An in-form Chievo take a trip to Bergamo in Week 31 hoping to increase the gap between themselves and the drop zone, while Atalanta will be looking for a victory after several negative results.

The Flying Donkeys are fifth from bottom with 28 points. Their situation, which seemed desperate at one point during the season, is now much more promising and the Veronesi are very close to survival.

Luigi Del Neri’s men seem to be in good shape and the injury list is almost blank. Brazilian winger Luciano and Nigerian youngster Victor Obinna are available, but they probably won’t be included in the starting XI.

Franco Semioli returns after a one week ban and this means Del Neri may switch to a 4-4-2 formation with the former Torino winger on the left side. Polish ace Kamil Kosowski, who did well against Doria, should play on the right flank. In attack Erjon Bogdani will be supported by Sergio Pellissier. Goalkeeper Vincenzo Sicignano and defender Fabio Moro are still injured and therefore out.

Chievo (probable):
    Squizzi; Moro, Mandelli, D’Anna, Lanna; Kosowski, Italiano, Brighi, Semioli; Bogdani, Pellissier

We should win this one, desperately need Sicigano and Moro back hopefully they are not to far away from returning. Bloody Pellissier gets another starting spot next to Bogdani :mad2:

FORZA CHIEVO!!

8. Epirotian

Epirotian New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Himare, Albania
    I like that guy Kosowski I think hes a really good player hes a fighter and plays with heart. i like players like that.

9. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    yep i agree i like Kosowski.

Atalanta 1-0 Chievo

Gonna be hard for us now, honesty i carnt see us surviving. Reggina drew with Inter which doesnt help our cause, Obinna had the chance to draw the game with a penalty in the 83rd minute. And having two players sent off (D'Anna & Luciano) is not gonna help at all, we just got some players back from injury and they go and get suspended with these send offs

There is still hope but it is not looking good, its looking more and more likely to be a Serie B derby Hellas v Chievo. Our form had been on the up so hopefully its just a little hick up, got Udinese away next week who drew 2-2 with Siena at the Stadio Franchi, it is a must win for us or we can kiss Serie A goodbye.

10. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Udinese 2-1 Chievo

Udinese: Iaquinta 34' Di Natale 74'
    Chievo: Pellissier 10'

Should have won this one, let another winnable game slip away. Took the lead when Pellissier broke free and chipped it over the keeper, was a classy finish.

Pellissier almost repeated the trick soon after, but this time Zapata got back to clear the ball off his foot. Chievo also should've been 2-0 up when Franco Semioli and three teammates went on the counter-attack from a cleared corner, but Vincenzo Italiano ballooned the finish over the bar.

We had a lot of chances but just couldnt put them away, Semioli fired in some stinging shots but the keeper was able to clear the ball away. Bogdani was a big disappointment, he rarely did anything and was subed off for Obinna who added a bit of spark when he came on.

Moro got sent off so wont be availiable next game, Marcolini got injured and was subed off early in the first half. Kamil Kosowski came on for him and i thought had a great game, i really like the look of him.

gonna be tuff now for our survival, got Lazio next week so last night was a game that we needed to win and were in the position to do so.

Italiano was our best player IMO, setup a lot of nice balls into the front 2 and controlled the midfield really well, also worked hard in defence.

11. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Serie A Week 22
    Lazio v Chievo

Chievo lost 2-1 against Udinese in Week 32 and, despite a good display, their situation is still perilous. The Gialloblu are fifth from bottom with 28 points, but Reggina with 27 and Parma with 26 could make a late overtaking manoeuvre.

Coach Luigi Del Neri will be disappointed with Chievo’s negative results of late. Despite playing a good football, the Veronesi have lost their last two. Del Neri is likely to switch to a 4-4-2 formation, but will have to do without Salvatore Lanna and Fabio Moro as both are banned. Chievo captain Lorenzo D’Anna and Brazilian winger Luciano will make their comeback.

Not confident at all about this game, hopefully a bit of luck goes our way and we can get the win. I would be happy if it ended like last years fixture, which was 2-2.

Chievo: Sicignano; Malagò, D’Anna, Mandelli, Marchese; Semioli, Brighi, Italiano, Sammarco; Bogdani, Obinna

Sicignano back in goals will be a huge boost for the side, Squizzi just doesnt cut it for me.

Brighi didnt make the trip to Udinese, but will be making this one and will cause problems for the Lazio defence.

FORZA CHIEVO!!
    FORZA CHIEVO!!

12. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If Chievo are going to get any results, Bogdani and Obinna have to fire in the this match, not just one of them. Obinna had his scoring run as well as Bogdani but the end of the season is near. Now it's time to really fire.

13. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    yep i agree, Bogdani did nothing last game so he will be looking for a huge game.

Obinna just coming back from injury, now he has had a few games to get back into it he needs to fire again.

Every week my hopes of staying up are falling away :(

14. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Lets not forget Brighi, didnt play last week and i bet he scores against Lazio.

Another 3 1/2 hours and its on LIVE here :)

15. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    meh. the donkeys are flying high after today
    i was definitely rooting against them

you will face a difficult task of the road next week
    enjoy the points while they last :mad:

16. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    have fun in Serie B next season, we will not go down

FORZA CHIEVO!!!

17. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I saw the highlights of the Chievo - Livorno match and Squizzi made some good saves.

18. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He's one of the surprises of the season, because Vincenzo Sicignano who was supposed to be the starter was always a solid keeper in past seasons but this season he just made too many mistakes.

19. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I noticed that Sicignano has been very erratic this season. Having said that, I've never really taken a liking to him.

20. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    I have never really liked Squizzi myself, but he did have a great game on the weekend.

21. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Chievo's Semioli open to Fiorentina move

There is a lot of talk lately about Semioli, im glad to see he is only concentrating on Chievo. He has stuck with us for a while now, i just hope he doesnt pick a move to the Viola.

22. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Serie A - Week 34
    Fiorentina v Chievo

Chievo boss Gigi Del Neri looks set to adopt a 4-3-3 formation as he searches for the goals that could keep them in the top flight. Defender Davide Mandelli has picked up a suspension to add to Del Neri’s woes, as the Gialloblu’s growing injury list now includes the likes of Lorenzo D’Anna, Giuseppe Cozzolino, Fabio Moro, and Giuseppe Scurto. Goalkeeper Vincenzo Sicignano and versatile midfielder Michele Marcolini are both completing their recoveries from injury, but will probably have to be content with a place on the bench.

The Flying Donkeys may have qualified for the Champions League last season, albeit with a little help from the Calciopoli scandal, but it is a very different story this time around. There is only a one-point gap between the Veronese minnows and the relegation zone and, given the good form of Reggina and a resurgent Parma, there will be a few nervous faces around going into this match. Chievo have not fared well against the teams in the top third of the table and are yet to record a single win against a top-seven side this season. With time running out, Del Neri will be desperate to change that fact here.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Im still feeling confident that we can get some points from this one or even a win, our last two showings were good. Against Lazio we played very well but were only able to get a draw, and last week against Livorno the guys showed great quality in being able to come from 1-0 down to win 2-1.

Our midfield has been fairly good in the last few weeks and if anything is to come out of this game they have to play well. Bogdani has stepped up again last week against Livorno, but Obinna has gone missing. Since his injury he has disappeared, Pellissier is in great form and needs to continue it if we have a chance against the Viola.

FORZA CHIEVO!

23. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Forza Viola! :D

24. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Reggina 1 - 1 Chievo
    Brighi 51 (C), Bianchi 53 (R)

A great performance by the guys and another game we should have won, but i guess it didnt help with there keeper saving absolutely everything.

Brighi smashed on from outside the box that the keeper somehow saved, then Marcolini shot from 25 yards hits the upright and off the keeper. Pellissier hits a volley from about 9 yards out which Campagnolo saved, how these goals stayed out i will never know.

Got Ascoli at home next week and should win, i think they are very switched on at the moment. And we are getting back to playing good football, the sort of football that we should have been playing all season.

Luigi Del Neri post match comments:
    “It is an important point, but considering what we did on the field I think it is the least we could have taken away. The side is in excellent physical and psychological shape, so we are ready for the final sprint. We are unfortunately not reaping as much as we sow.”