2005 Summer Transfers Thread

Discussion in 'Everton' started by zerorespects, Mar 7, 2005.

1. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

i think part of the problem is that he was switched from wingback to central defense - the other part of the problem is he played for a pedestrian, clueless (or more to the point, chivu-less) roma - to me, he is not a shut down central defender

2. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Why couldn't we do this last month....jeez is it really that hard?? Everton management blew it, more faces would've equalled 12 mio euros and a place in the most prestigious competition.

3. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
  4. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
  5. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Interesting bit of gossip from the BBC:

And some not-so-interesting gossip:

6. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Isn´t official yet, Nuno Valente travelled to London yesterday to meet with Everton directors after the Fulham game.
    The transfer fee will be something like 1,5 million euros.

About Benny McCarthy FC Porto president said it several times we only sell him for his 9 million euros clause, he rejected several offers of English teams, including Blackburn Rovers and recently West Ham, they were offering something like 6,5 million euros.

7. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    i think McCarthy will leave because he does not want to be there and has publically complained that Porto would not let him leave and that he wants to go to England

8. BigDavyG

BigDavyG New Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Schaumburg, IL
    Looks like valenti has been signed, so that's 2 left backs in 3 days. You'd wonder why they didn't sort this out sooner now cos we're now paying pistone to sit on his rear for the reat of the season.
    Rumour has it that van der meyde will be out for 6 weeks if we sign him so to my mind this puts the deal in doubt - we've knocked back quite a lot of players in the past few years due to failed medicals (forsell and sean davis spring to mind).
    There were rumours about mccarthy last year so the latest stories could just be a rehashing of that but I think he'd be a good signing. Other stories linking us to a couple of strikers from the lower divisions so hopefully we'll get someone before the window closes on Wednesday.

9. YankToff

YankToff New Member

Apr 9, 2005
    Georgia(ex Saluki)
    heh, i like how Toffeeweb is bitching about Moyes signing a back. christ, he only has 4 to choose from right now, which has been bumped alllll the way up to 6 with Ferrari and Nuno.

10. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
  11. zerorespects

zerorespects New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Arizona
    i don't like mourinho, but i might change my mind if valente is a success...

...no i won't. :D

12. RonaldoQuaresma88ca

RonaldoQuaresma88ca New Member

May 9, 2005
    Maybe because Davey's respects Mourinho ...and realizes he JM knows a thing or two about footballers.

Jose recommended former FC Porto defensive-mid Pedro Mendes to the Tottenham board ...and things have worked out well for them.

I'll say this, if Nuno Valente can stay healthy, and get into good shape, Everton will have a solid LB on their hands, especially offensively. At 1.5 million pounds that is pretty cheap. As i said, he's got to stay healthy, because he's been injured on and off the last year or so.

13. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    I hate Mourinho, I hate his attitude, I hate his team. I don't give a ******** what he knows.

That being said, I'm glad we have a new left back. Anything's better than Pistone.

14. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Maybe because Mourinho has won a thing or two?
    I'm disappointed that Nuno Valente is no longer with Porto. When healthy he is a top notch LB.

15. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you haven't noticed, Sara, Mourinho has a fine eye for football talent.

And though Jose is arrogant as hell, I get the impression that he'd be pretty honest with David -- if Jose says he'd be a good addition, you can pretty much take that to the bank.

16. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    As I said before, it has nothing to do with what he does or doesn't know. I hate him.

17. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Only if anyone pays the 9 million euros, we aren´t needing money, McCarthy knows that, he was sad since he wanted to go to England but now he is ready to help us again.
    Plus he is a really good striker and would creat an instant impact in the premiership, so 9 million is a reasonable fee, unlike Peter Crouch and other crappy players that are sold for ridiculous fees...

18. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    This is the strangest rumour I've ever seen:

http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/05-06/rumour-mill/index.asp#050828d

19. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  20. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    The wait is killing me...

21. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    I read that ... a very impressive display of saying nothing in as many words as possible.

If that had been posted a month earlier, I'd have guessed Javier Saviola. As it is now, though, it's anyone's guess.

-----------

If we do sign Shinji Ono, I will be very pleased. :) He'd be a great pick-up and is another option for set piece taking aside from Arteta.

22. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Ono would be a great option..but he is too small and gets injured quickly. Iono about how well he could hold up in the hectic Premier League.

23. BigDavyG

BigDavyG New Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Schaumburg, IL
    Still waiting for a decision on van der meyde. We have a habbit of missing out on players carrying slight knocks but i think that he would be worth taking a chance on.
    The only other news today are rumours linking us with robbie keane (again) and young nugent from preston (again).
    Updates when available - only 8 hours left

24. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR