2005 NJ Wildcats Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by Charge!, May 20, 2005.

1. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    It is at the PDA fields in Zarapath (Manville, weston canal road) 3:00 PM

if it was 6, i would run out there...

2. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    Good grief -- why don't you all just sign Abby Wambach and Shannon Boxx so you can beat everyone 15-0?

(I say that out of admiration. I enjoyed watching the Wildcats last season.)

3. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    NJ Wildcats VS Freedom Tie 1-1

Sometimes you can forget how fast the game can be played, and this was a great reminder. Every player on the Freedom was speedy.

This was such an enjoyable game to watch, the Freedom brought the "A" team, while the wildcats were missing several players to NT and other commitments

When I say the brought their A team, they had:
    WASHINGTON FREEDOM RESERVES: Nikki Resnik, Kylie Bivens, Carrie Moore, Casey Zimny, Tiffany Roberts, Emily Janss, Betsy Barr, Lori Lindsey, Joanna Lohman, 2003 Big Ten Rookie of the Year Ali Krieger , Jacqui Little. SUBSTITUTES: Ashley Kennedy, L.B. Puglisi.

8 Former WUSA players, 2 College Standouts....

Lohman needs more callups to the WNT

THE GAME:

This was a fast paced game and the Wildcats were overwhelmed a few times, but were calm about it. Lohman socred the first goal and then Rachel Yankee(I am very impressed with her) Scored notched for the tie

The rest of game was well played as both teams pressed at times trying to score, LeBlanc was fantastic in goal. She was calm and handled each situation. She had 2 saves and one was the kind of save that I sat there disbelieving she made it. Resnik, on the other hand, benifited from the highly organized defence. Her defence made more goal line saves than she did.

I did not see Yankey's goal, so I can't comment on it.

PLAYERS:

Bivens: I had thought she would benifit from another year in the WUSA, I still hold fast to this. She played extemely well, except for a beating she put on Sands in the beggining of the game. I thought she got too forward a couple of times, but the Wildcats could not exploit it.

Roberts: Solid, there is no other way to discribe it, She was not challenged enough, played right Def and was able to basically shut down the field space.

Lohman: This was the first time that I got to see her play... I was impressed by her work rate and her goal was a nice header

My Goal when I was driving to the game was to meet each of the above players at a minimum, I did. I enjoyed chatting with Bivens, whom I have been somewhat critical of. i found her to be very personable and I wish her the best of luck in getting back on the WNT. 2 years removed from the WWC, I may go to the Next Wildcats Freedom game to see how she does against Heather and Christie. I think she will do OK

Done for now.....

4. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Sorry, they tried, Abby and Shannon wanted to stay out west so they signed with a WPSL team

Who would they Sit ? Heather or Christie ?

j/k in bold

5. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
  6. 6thMan

6thMan New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    What did you mean when you said that Bivens put a beating on Sands?

7. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    6th man, Where you at the game ? If you really want to know, Message me, I am not going to post my observations...

BYW, I was standing on the far sideline near Bivens to take some game shots of her

8. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't your entire last post an observation of the game? Legit question by 6.

9. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are the Freedom Reserves playing? Wouldn't these players want to join a team (W-League or WPSL) and get in a full summer schedule?

10. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Yes, but from my position, opposite of the stands, i had a diferent vantage point.

I am not talking regarding cetain things that occurred

11. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Racheal Unitt signs

The New Jersey Wildcats have welcomed England international Rachel Unitt as their final signing of the 2005 season. Unitt was signed on last Wednesday's W-League roster freeze date and will stay with the Wildcats through the rest of the season. The talented left back arrived in the United States yesterday and will join the Wildcats for today's training match against the United States Under-21 National Team.

12. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Racheal Unitt signs

Good, I was starting to worry they might be undermanned. :D

13. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Re: Racheal Unitt signs

yeah, they were looking kinda thin, I was thinking it would be about 1 and 1/2 weeks until the NT members are back....

14. chrisrun

chrisrun Member

Jan 13, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Yeah and they had the rare opportunity to play themselves since 4 Wildcats are on the U-21 team

Tarpley, Fletcher, O'reilly and Makoski will be available after the they return from Sweden

16. abby2004

abby2004 BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 25, 2005
    East Coast
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info :)

17. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    For those curious where Christine Latham is and why she hasn't played with the team since the beginning of the season -- she's having visa problems. She hopes to be back soon though! Perhaps she can play in Ottawa? Since she wouldn't need a visa to play in Canada.

18. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Thanks, I did not know and did not ask the Coach....

I don't understand the Visa issue? she has some type of work

19. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    I think perhaps it's because she was on a student visa and since she has graduated from Nebraska it no longer "works"?? Not too sure though.

20. bythesea

bythesea Member

May 27, 2005
    She can't change teams now though. I thought rosters were locked.

21. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    My reference of Christine playing in Ottawa was not playing FOR the Fury, but playing with the Wildcats when they wrap up their regular season on the road in Ottawa next Sunday.

22. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Wildcats-New Hampshire [R]

Read all about the Wildcats' latest destructo job tonight.

They move to 12-0 with the win and face the Boston Renegades in their final regular season home game Friday night at 7:30PM. They close out their Northeast division campaign at Ottawa on 7/24, the same day as US-Iceland, so that means they'll be shorthanded (no Heather O, Tarp, Reddick, Welsh)

23. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Re: Wildcats-New Hampshire [R]

Ottawa is the biggest challenge, but but the English Girls will be there so that helps tons...

With Karina or Sarah in goal, should be a win, but a real tough one.... may have to give up another goal :(

Boston should be fairly easy and it is the Last regular home game this year.

Then they have a tuneup with the Freedom next weekend before the big show...

24. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    How come none of the Wildcats have been voted player of the week, their stats have been more impressive than most of the players chosen... Talk about a cold shoulder