2004 Asian Cup Qualifying [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Canadian_Supporter, Mar 16, 2003.

1. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    FT KSA 6-0 Bhutan

2. ausood babil

ausood babil New Member

Nov 4, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Group 6

Iraq 5 Bahrain 1

Iraq's Olympic forward yunis Mahmood scored a super hatrick in the win!

3. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    i thought yemen was better than the score shows. didn't they beat and tie uae ?

4. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    yeah bhutan has improved.i think is gonna be a good match againts yemen.and indonesia vs KSA...post me ur prediction

5. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    woorijim,

I think it's more about Saudi backing off than Bhutan playing better. Really, the players didn't have to break into any sweat to score, and after only 15 minutes, team play totally broke down and was replaced by individual showboating. And they were the reserves to boot.

Tato:

I predict: KSA 5-0 Indonesia
    Yemen 3-0 Bhutan

6. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    hmm i think KSA 4- 1 Indonesia
    and yemen 3-0 bhutan

yeah thats all..coz indonesian is playing better againts middle east teams rather than east asian teams.

7. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    so anyone know the score yet?

8. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Result: KSA 5-0 Indonesia

Mishaal hatrick and a brace by Basha

9. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Malaysia 0 Iraq 0
    Bahrain 3 Myanmar 1

10. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    5-0....indonesia sucks!...

11. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    thanks for the vidcaps of the goals...indonesian playing very bad and i think saudi playing better than indo.by the way..do u know where can i find a vidcaps of indo vs bhutan and indo vs yemen?
    pls let me know

12. ausood babil

ausood babil New Member

Nov 4, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Group F Asian qualifying:

Iraq 3 Mynamar 0

Malaysia 2 Bahrain 2

End of first round

Iraq 7 points
    Malaysia 5
    Bahrain 4
    Maynamar 0

Next round will be in Manama, Bahrain starting October 20, 2003

13. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    I hope malaysia will qualify for the next asian cup.Good Luck malaysia

14. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Saudi have officially qualified after beating Yemen for a second time. Indonesia keep their hopes alive after beating Bhutan.

15. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    indonesia joins Saudi in qualification, after drawing 2-2 with Yemen. Congratulations Tato.

16. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    uff finally they qualified.

17. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Horrible! I was actually very worried following their mediocre performance in the first leg of the match ups, but my worst nightmare has come true... they lost a match in the qualifying rounds (Although, I would have expected it to be against at least Oman, not Vietnam). I kind of suspected it since Korea never does well playing in the middle east. Coelho better get things together or they will have a tough time against Oman and may lose again and NOT EVEN QUALIFY.

Looks like we're really having trouble against teams who sit 11 men back and just concentrate on counterattacking. We saw it in the first leg of the match ups, and against Hong Kong in the Olympic qualifiers as well. And our finishing is just brutal, plain and simple. People say Korea has the best forwards in asia... but it seems that at least our K-leaguers aren't good enough in this department.

I can see Coelho shitting his pants over this result and calling up some foreign-based players against Oman LOL. Go ahead, call up Ahn, Cha, Lee CS or whoever may be avaliable but it'll be just totally embarrasing for Korea either way.

I haven't been this shocked since I saw Korea lose to 9-men Thailand in the 98 asian games. An absolute letdown.

18. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    Couldn't believe my eyes, either. Various things happen in football so let's wait and see until the end of qualification. BTW, how come the games are not televised?

19. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    wow korea is having so much drama already. surprise win over oman and now what?

20. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Horrible. I'm shocked to say a word. This has got to be the worst loss Korea has ever experienced since that 6-2 defeat against Iran. Both of the results took place in the middle east. Are we really playing that bad in the middle east?

21. Bauvafa

Bauvafa Red Card

Oct 12, 2001
    USA
    holly crap, Korea lost to Vietnam!!!!! I am sure Korea fielded some younger players but Vietnam!!!

Asian Cup is gonna be very tough, big teams are struggling.

22. Hatrick

Hatrick Member

Vietnam is actually sending their U-23 to prepare for Sea Games. Korea fielded 6 World Cup players.

http://www.vnagency.com.vn/NewsA.asp?LANGUAGE_ID=2&CATEGORY_ID=31&NEWS_ID=27822

Has Vietnam progressed that fast or South Korea has fallen that hard? We'll see in the next upcoming matches.

23. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Nope. Only three. And they were fielded in the second half in an attempt to avoid a huge embarrassment. But it didn't work out in the end as we all know by now.

Anyways, I think there's no excuse in this shameful loss Korea had suffered. All the blames will have to go to the players for having no fighting spirit and too much overconfidence. I don't care whether the players who were involved in a match were young, inexperienced or experienced.