2003 MLS Trading cards ?

Discussion in 'Collectors' started by Coach_Barry, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Coach_Barry

Coach_Barry Member

Aug 18, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should I hold out any hope that Upper Deck (or anyone else) will produce a set this season?

2. Fkesoccer

Fkesoccer New Member

Jul 22, 2001
    Don't count on it.
    and if they do, they better not be charging 4 dollars a pack for 5 cards..

3. TheCrew04

TheCrew04 New Member

Jan 18, 2001
    Columbus, Ohio
    nope, upperdeck will sell the cards for about 20 a card. cheap. stupid gimmick. and if you act now, in the set you'll get a piece of their skin! the weirdest inserts are in now.

4. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not this year. The market seems to be driven towards Premiership or European players and Upper Deck would rather fill that.

Too bad not another company is picking up the void to produce MLS soccer cards.

5. TheCrew04

TheCrew04 New Member

Jan 18, 2001
    Columbus, Ohio
    do you know how much revenue they will get from the people on this forum alone?

Lots.

6. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The league ought to try to ink a deal with a card company, be Upper Deck, Topps, Fleer, or whoever is willing. The market is there, however those companies think otherwise which is a shame.

Soccer cards are a niche market, and so as long as one or two companies are willing to tap into this it will generate revenue.

Maybe not as much compared to the other sports, but a set of MLS cards mixed in with World Cup stars and US National Team players not in the league would satisfy the collector's demands.

I would do away with the subsets if at all possible though those generate the highest price due to their limited make.

Cheers!

7. honkifulovemls

Sep 5, 2001
    NY/MA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i agree. petitiononline.com time?

8. TheCrew04

TheCrew04 New Member

Jan 18, 2001
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yea!

Petition comments:

2003 MLS Card Set
    We, the fans of Major League Soccer,and the game of soccer in general, would like to have a card set produced for the 2003 season. Manchester United cards are not what we want at our stadiums. Please produce a card set for our teams this year.

thank you,
    The fans of the game.

oh how badly that is written. please credit me if it is used :)

9. honkifulovemls

Sep 5, 2001
    NY/MA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that sounds pretty good Crew! any1 want to add or edit that in any way? i'm willing to put the petition together once we have the wording all set.

lets try to get MLS cards back in 2003!

10. TheCrew04

TheCrew04 New Member

Jan 18, 2001
    Columbus, Ohio
    It's all inspired work. I can come up with something beautiful for anything. It's a curse :D