2003 Las Vegas Silver Mug Invitational

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by Tsunami, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't seen anything posted at the WPSL site yet about results yet. Anyway, yesterday during the "Inside Soccer" radio show a lady named Erica from the SDWFC called in to say that they had won their two games played earlier that day. They beat the San Francisco 3-1 and the Colorado Rush 4-2.

I wonder how the other 4 WPSL teams that were entered did? Does anyone know of a site where scores could be found? I tried a google search and couldn't find anything.

2. outsider

outsider New Member

Feb 26, 2002
    Mission Viejo
    Great weather. The California storm won the tournament. They handled everyone easily. They began with a 6-0 I think, win over a California team. I hope I can keep all of these straight. Please excuse me if I mix all of them up. They then played a team from San Francisco, I think they were a split off from the Nighthawks. Sunday morning they opened with a team from Arizona that was supposed to play in the W league. Unimpressive. They won 4-0 I think. Next they faced the team from Stanford with the newly drafted Calle Withers. What a joke. 4-0. Finally they met a team from Denver. They began the game without one starter on the field. The other team scored first and the starters came in about 20 minutes later. They won 2-1. Monday they opened with a 6-0 win and played with the bench and only had 10 players on the field for most of the game. Next they faced the Ajax and tied 2-2 before winning in a shootout. Finally they met someone in the finals and tied 0-0 before winning in a shoot out. Sorry if I got teams in the wrong order, but the result was the same. Great play by Stacy Savage, Christina Bell, Martina Holan and Valerie Williams. Defense was wild, allowing only 2 or 3 goals in the tourney.

3. outsider

outsider New Member

Feb 26, 2002
    Mission Viejo
    Correction. The Storm played the Southern Cal Blues to a 2-2 tie in the semi's before beating the Ajax in a shootout final.