2003 East Asian Championship [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Canadian_Supporter, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Kartes

Kartes New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Guam
    a few weeks ago J-League II team Shonan-Bellmare beat Guam 6-0...

2. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Chinese squad for the final group (China, Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea) --- May 28th to June 3rd.

Xu Yunlong, Yang Pu, Yu Genwei, Liu Yunfei, Li Jinyu, Zhao Junzhe, Qu Shengqing, Yu Weiliang, Zhang Yunin, Qi Hong, Li Min, Li Xiaopeng, Xiao Zhanbo, Wei Xin, Wang Anzhi, Li Mingyi, Li Weifeng,Li Yi, Zheng Zhi, Zheng Bin, Du Pin, Li Leilei, Cheng Dong.

3. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    is this really their final squad?? i can only recognize 4 of them on the list. i'm not familiar with their team, however. where are an qi, qu bo, tie, hao, sun? is this their current best? are fan zhiyi and yang chen already out of consideration or retired?

isn't it too early to announce the squad?

4. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Yeah, like what Hamatachi said, isn't this way too early? its like month and a half ahead of the start date... I do recognize quite a few players though... like Xu Yunlong, Yu Genwei, Li Jinyu, Zhao Junzhe, Li Weifeng, Chen Dong, Zhang Yunin... I think most of who I listed was in the WC last year, and Zhang Yunin and Li Jinyu I remember being from China's 2000 olympic squad.

Chen Dong is the goalie? How good is he? I've always heard An Qi as being the best up and coming Chinese goalie, but some of the matches I checked, he supposedly made couple of huge blunders and is prone to lapses... who's the best Chinese goalie? Is it still Jiang Jin?

5. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  6. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    This is only for the training camp, and is certainly not the final squad for the upcoming tourney.

Chen Dong is probably the 3rd keeper behind Yu Weiliang and Liu Yunfei. Jiang Jin is too old, so Haan won't be using him anymore. An Qi is still too inconsistent and immature to be the #1, or even to be in the NT squad.

I think there are 7 guys in the squad who played in the WC. Our problem area in this edition of the NT should be the forwards. With the exclusion of Hao Haidong, I just don't see guys like Zhang Yunin, Li Jinyu, Qu Shengqing, and Du Pin have the quality at the world stage to put the ball in the net on a consistent basis. However, I do like Shenzhen's Li Yi.

The overseas trios Li Tie, Sun Jihai and Shao Jiayi won't be in the training camp as they're in the homestretch to their respective European seasons. But once the Euro season is over these guys should provide the backbone for the team.

Zheng Zhi and Zhao Junzhe are the ones to watch, IMO. These guys have good skills and football sense and is sort of the midfield generals that CNT had been sorely lacking in the past. (although Zheng Zhi also plays as D under Haan)

Hama, Hao is too old and Haan decided to drop him. Yang Chen is in shitty 2Bundesliga and Haan also decided to drop him. Qu Bo is not playing well and hasn't caught Haan's eyes yet.

7. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    Japan announced 30 players for the east asian championship. they will later reduce it to 20.
    pre-announced squad so far

gk
    yoshikatsu kawaguchi (portumouth)
    seigo narazaki (nagoya)
    hitoshi sogahata (kashima)

df
    yutaka akita (kashima)
    akira narahashi (kashima)
    toshihiro hattori (iwata)
    makoto tanaka (iwata)
    nobuhisa yamada (urawa
    ryuzo morioka (shimizu)
    tsuneyasu miyamoto (g osaka)
    naoki matsuda (yokohama)
    tomonori hirayama (kashiwa)
    keisuke tsuboi (urawa)

mf
    hiroshi nanami (iwata)
    daisuke oku (yokohama)
    takashi fukunishi (iwata
    daisuke matsui (kyoto)
    santos alessandoro (shimizu)
    tomokazu myojin (kashiwa)
    mitsuo ogasawara (kashaima)
    koji nakata (kashima)
    junichi inamoto (fulham)
    yasuhito endo (g osaka)
    naohiro ishikawa (fc tokyo)

fw
    masashi nakayama (iwata)
    takayuki suzuki (genk)
    tatsuhiko kubo (yokohama)
    yoshiteru yamashita (sendai)
    yuichiro nagai (uwara)
    yoshito okubo (c osaka)

u-22 can now join since the qualification games are postponed. nanami is back after long absense. selected 20 will teach asia a lesson

8. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    my lineup

-------------kubo------- suzuki
    nanami-------------------------oasawara
    fukunishi/knakata----inamoto
    santos----tsuboi----tanaka-----narahashi
    ------------------narazaki

picked nanami and fukunishi because of the current jubilo condition.

there aren't many choices for the left wing.. why do we play alex? defense is still shaky. we need to find someone to completely get rid of akita and morioka. tired of seeing these two get beaten by everyone.

9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hong Kong is sending their worst team possible. All the Happy valley players are boycotting the event. Several South China players decided to retire from international soccer. A few players had family problems and decided to stay home. At least, one replacement did not show up in training camp because he did not know about his selection. He will be too late for his flight to Japan even through the team does not leave until Japan. One or two U-23 players left the team so they could "rest" for Olympic qualifiers in september.

I read that they could not come up with 20 players. yesterday, they lost to a Jia B team in their first match. I am wondering whether they had 11 players on field.

10. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    jesus ************ing christ. the mayor of yokohama city begged eaff and jaf to postpone the competition due to, again, the ************in friggin sars concern and it seems like it will be postponed!! :mad::mad: what a ************ing year. so many ************ing canceling ************ing games. wars sars. ghaaaaa. i believe now argentina's gonna cancel the ************ing game and we will have no game until the confede cup.. oh well, it will be postponed too. what the ************ is this crap all about you ************ing *************** bitch gay ass prick.

11. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    this is sooooo ************ed up you bitch!! someone please tell me that i got wrong info!!:mad::mad:

iddijdfhdsisxosjkxcosd

BOOOOOBOOOOOOBOOOOOO

************************************************************************************!!!

12. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    this is outrageous!!:mad::mad: someone please tell me i got wrong info!!

13. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    What a phucking joke Team HK is. Who do these phuckheads who're not showing up think they are? They're all so phucking selfish and only think for themselves. Heck if I get selected to represent HK I'll be wearing my heart on the sleeves and play like phucking Gattuso on the pitch.

HK soccer is phucking hopeless. To hell with these assoles.

I guess that's enough obsenities for the day. But really I'm so damn pissed. These morons are giving HK a bad name and they deserve to be permanently kicked out of the HKNT.

14. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Chill honey bunny, chill....

15. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    HOW!?

16. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    If not for SARS I would have been enjoying the chicks with bikinis and sunny beaches in HK. Instead I have to put up with this phucking cold and gloomy weather here in ****************** T.O., Canada.

Who says life is fair??

17. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    life sucks. at least we are still alive. i'm gonna SLEEP now. i really hope next morning people find me fooling myself by catching a wrong info. :mad::mad:

18. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I don't phucking know HOW! This phucking world is so phucking screwed....

btw, has anyone sent you any money yet? :)

19. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    We're still alive but at least those who are dead don't have to put up with the ************ that happens all the time.

There's just no phucking god in this phucked up world....

20. LiveinYokohama

LiveinYokohama New Member

Dec 1, 2001
    The 1st East Asia soccer championship postpones.

It was announced that the East Asia soccer association postpones the 1st East Asia soccer championship which was a holding schedule at the Yokohama international stadium from the 28th to June 3.
    Mayor Yokohama which worried about "SARS" offered adjournment.

21. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Where can you find chicks with bikinis in HK? I want to know.....

22. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    damnit, stupid SARS, I am gonna go kick its ass!

23. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    you mean there's no chicks with bikinis in HK? You're just kidding right?

Surely there are some at the beach, no?

24. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Just booked my tickets to HK. Damn SARS caused Air Canada to cut down their flights to one flight a week. Now i have to wait till July 22nd.... later than I wanted but still the weather will still be hot enough for chicks to wear mini-skirts and low cut tops. :)

If there is a god, Dr. Tse Yuen Man wouldn't have died of the damn SARS at the age of 30. Her husband also died from cancer a year earlier. What a tragedy. May they rest in peace.

25. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    looks like korea still want a match with japan. jfa haven't replied yet but most likely they would say yes.