2002 Japan vs 2010 Japan?

Discussion in 'Japan' started by HomokHarcos, Nov 5, 2014.

1. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm wondering what squad is more revered in Japan and what do you think is the better squad?

Here are the results

2002 Japan
    2-2 Belgium
    1-0 Russia
    2-0 Tunisia
    0-1 Turkey

2010 Japan
    1-0 Cameroon
    0-1 Netherlands
    3-1 Denmark
    0-0 Paraguay (3-5 on penalties)

2. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    2002 missed Nakamura or it would be my dreamteam.
    2010 was a better side especially in defence with 0 real goal conceded in 4 match (the two goals by Snejder and Tomasson are both bad calling since the first start with a handball and the second was not a penalty at all).

3. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    2002 JNT was probably a more talented squad, but the one from 2010 has made the tougher path. Plus, they would have deserved to go forward.

4. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Japan 2010 team was the best Japan team in their history IMO. As an Iranian, I really liked that team. That team was very good and the most important reason was coach Takeshi Okada.

Takeshi Okada > Zac, CQ, Zico, Troussier, etc.

Japan NT had only one Japanese coach from 1997 to now and he was Takeshi Okada (Japan coach at 1998 and 2010) This is interesting for me.

Why Japanese never give chance to their Japanese coaches except Takeshi Okada to coach their NT? Is lack of quality and experience the reason? Japan had less homegrown coaches compare to any national team in Asia or even world in last 20 years.

5. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Foreign coaches are cooler.

6. gamban98

gamban98 Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    In 2010 everybody thought Japan would be a punching bag. They were considered the weakest Japan WC team ever. Okada was under fire and after the Korea match he offered resignation to the JFA board.

Samurai Warrior repped this.