News: 2.Liga - 2016/17

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Epitome990, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Tough season ahead for FC Nürnberg as they have to go through a rebuild phase for several parts of their lineup. Füllkrug, Blum, and Kerk have left with Burgstaller and Leibold still being an uncertainty.

A couple signings brought in could help, left-winger and Cameroonian international Edgar Salli from Monaco and midfielder Tobias Kempe from Darmstadt. But a lot needs to be done to get back to where they were last season. They are also without coach Rene Weiler now. Youngsters like Patrick Erras, Cedric Teuchert, Philipp Hercher, and Lukas Mühl will need to step up.

2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    The new 2016/17 FCN kits

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why only Nuremburg ensured when you can have full Bavarian cover?
    [​IMG]

5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    I gotta say, that kit and sponsor combination for Sechzig looks pretty sharp.

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yup. So who do you rate this year?

7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #7 Epitome990, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Hannover look like this season's Freiburg. They added tons of fire power up top and appear like early favorites. Although defending is be a potential weak spot and could end up costing them at some points. I'm not as impressed by Stuttgart's moves but they have brought in Terodde who will score a bunch for them. St. Pauli could be a surprise, they have some good pieces on this team.

FCN are gonna slip in the standings for sure. They lost their coach and several of their best players. Unless they luck out with some signings or emerging youngsters, I doubt they will be in the running of top 3. They are Bochum, I can see falling towards mid-table. FCN missed their best chance of a top flight return when they should have taken out Eintracht Frankfurt.

Eichin has been pretty aggressive this summer in building up 1860's roster. I think you guys have a nice balance of veterans and prospects. A top 5 finish could be within reach if everything works out.

White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  9. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think there will be also one team that totally comes of nothing to play for pormotion. I also dont think stuttgart or Hannover will march right through - I dont see it

10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Braunschweig could be that team, especially if the new striker duo of Biada and Abdullahi get rolling. Selling Holtmann to Mainz affects their depth along the wings but they still held onto Khelifi and have some other options on roster. They're also about to bring in another CB from Norway.

11. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Bochum have brought in a couple more reinforcements signing the great Alexander Merkel on free transfer, and Pawel Dawidowicz on loan from Benfica with a purchase option.

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Augsburg send Shawn Parker on loan to FCN.

14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #15 Epitome990, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Another strong display from Braunschweig, winning 6-1 against FCN. The new striker they signed, Christoffer Nyman scored on his debut. Omladic and Decarli also had a great game. They're the only club to claim all 9 points after the first 3 match days.

From the game I watched, Bielefeld and Union played to a crazy 4-4 draw.

16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Good deal for Fortuna Düsseldorf signing Kaan Ayhan from Schalke. He hasn't gotten as many chances in the past year but has shown his qualities before. Still relatively young for a central defender, given the time and opportunity I think he can make his way back with some development.

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #17 Epitome990, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    Hannover and Stuttgart dropping points again. While Braunschweig remain the only unbeaten team. Dresden are bit of an early season surprise. They're doing well even with having to rebuild a portion of their squad after gaining promotion.

18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  19. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Düsseldorf and Dresden are as well.

20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    True, should have reworded that. What I meant was Braunschweig remain the only team to have won all league matches so far.

21. robbenhuntelaar

Jul 29, 2016
    Kolkata
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    VFB Stuttgart's manager Jos Luhukay has resigned following confrontations with CEO Jan Schindelmeiser. Same for their assistant manager Remy Reijnierse. Reasons for the confrontation has not been released yet, AFAIK.

They were not at their very best with 6 points from 4 matches.
    If last seasons Schmidt gate is anything to go by, they may have a few long matchdays coming up.

22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Stuttgart won 1-0 away at Kaiserslautern in first match with their interim coach. Takuma Asano, the player they have on loan from Arsenal with a very promising performance. Several candidates being mentioned for the coaching job are Markus Gisdol and Andre Breitenreiter.

23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  24. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My hometown club Kickers Würzburg is doing surprisingly well with 11 points so far this season. It would be a huge success to stay in the league on the club's laughable budget.

25. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    How do you rate Würzburg's coaching staff? Several clubs in the 2.BL like Sandhausen and Heidenheim (to some degree) have been able to generate positive results in recent years despite having lower budgets available.