2.Liga 2015/16

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Robdog, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    2.Bundesliga starts today - los Die Roten Teufel!!!
    [​IMG]

2. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Greuther Fürth 1 - 0 KSC; some guy scored in the 89' minute when the ball landed at his feet in the box after a bit of pinball. I don't really know anything about Fürth, but KSC seemed very wasteful up front compared to the end of last season. I guess they're all brushing out the cobwebs :thumbsup:

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Might be a rough transition back to 2.BL for Paderborn as seen today losing to Bochum. Breitenreiter is gone, and there doesn't appear to be much new blood entered into the squad. Will most likely be a lower mid-table campaign for them.

Kaiserslautern look good in the season opener. Management have done well to rebuild after selling Hofmann, Heintz, and Orban. Przybylko should be a good fit in this system.

cortisoljunkie repped this.
  4. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    I only watched the first half (0-0), but they looked really really good. Created two one-on-one chances with the keeper (..and made a mess of both), and had the general run of play. Wonder what happened :cautious:

...I still feel a bit guilty that Schalke beat them at home in the second last round, that was a joke :(

I guess Fürth and KSC can form a club, the HSV play-off victim club :ROFLMAO:

[​IMG]

Robdog repped this.
  5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Marquee match up on Monday, Freiburg vs Nürnberg. I'll try to sneak in tab of the game during work later today lol. Hope to see a high scoring affair, with multiple displays of Streich reacting in hysteria. :D

Robdog repped this.
  6. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    #6 cortisoljunkie, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Anybody watching this at the moment? It's frickin crazy!!! :thumbsup::D Freiburg are going to blast their way back to 1. Bundesliga :ROFLMAO:

Is it ever ..

7. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    [​IMG]

Epitome990 and cortisoljunkie repped this.
  8. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
  9. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    #9 Robdog, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    What side is that? I hope they don't have any consequences for showing that

edit - nm it's SC Freiburg....Is that Einstein?

10. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    haha, maybe. Or a metal version of Jesus? Or RIchard Branson? I had a quick look through their facebook comments but no names mentioned.

Robdog repped this.
  11. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    LOL, just like how I called it.

Nils Petersen goes into absolute Fussballgott mode every time he puts on that SCF jersey. ;):D

12. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    at first glance I thought it was the Ayatollah Khomeini :eek:

13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Relive the madness

14. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    It's the Dude.

The Dude abides, man.
    [​IMG]

Robdog and cortisoljunkie repped this.
  15. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    another match-day Friday is upon us....should have some nice matches for us

16. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Poor old Paderborn, conceded in 2 mins in Düsseldorf. Someone I met up there last year has been uploading some pics from the ground before kick off ... and i'm just sitting here watching barely legal streams on my laptop like some exiled pleb. :cry::cry::mad: Cortisoljunkie has a dream. To get some employable skills, and formal teaching in German, and relocate my sorry ass over there. :confused:

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Didn't think it was possible at first but Paderborn made it a comeback! Let's see if they can hold onto the lead in the closing minutes.

Freiburg won again yesterday business as usual. But question marks surround Sechzig right now, when will they finally score?

The Bochum boys also make it 2 in a row. This could be this season's surprise team to watch for. They have a prominent attacking front line and are overall a well organized squad.

18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Bochum fans during the derby victory over Duisburg

19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    The Freiburg choreo in detail

Robdog and cortisoljunkie repped this.
  20. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Don't know anyone who doesn't wish these guys a speedy return to the top flight. such a cool club.

Epitome990 repped this.
  21. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I don't especially if it stops Die Roten Teufel from returning to the place they belong

22. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Count me as indifferent. There's not that much to hate about Freiburg, compared to most other clubs. But you basically only cheer for them because their opponents suck so much that it would make Darth Vader look like a good guy if he gave their grounds the deathstar treatment.

Robdog repped this.
  23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ouch, a 0-6 shallacking for Paderborn. Tough time for them as their captain and leader Hünemeier moves to Brighton. Meanwhile, Sandhausen are coming outta nowhere to be a huge early season surprise. 3 wins in 3 matches so far with a +9 GD. What is going on lol? I swear these guys used to average less than a goal per game and were on the brink of relegation not so long ago.

24. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    They have a well-honed and organized team. Soemthing that Paderborn evidently doesn't have anymore. Hats off to Sandhausen and all, but I'd wait to see them play a team that actually puts up a fight first, though. They were gifted three goals in the first game, then played Union (when was the last time Union's defense wasn't a mess?), and then Paderborn (who seem to be a mess all around).

25. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04