News: 2. Liga 2014/1015

Discussion in 'Germany' started by HSV-Jung, May 21, 2014.

1. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks guys. Where did you find a site with attendances by match? I tried looking for one but could only find average attendances for each club.

2. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Pretty much every German site should have them, if you look at the individual match reports. Kicker also lists each teams attendance unter Zuschauer (which can be accessed from the league table.

E.g. here
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...ndesliga/2013-14/0/zuschauer-am-spieltag.html

click on teams for more details.

Lamprey repped this.
  3. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! Season starts today. Any predictions?

4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Looking forward to the Frankenderby between Nürnberg and Fürth. Two rivals against each other and fighting among top spots for promotion. I think it'll be mainly those two and then Kaiserslautern, 1860 Munich, Braunschweig, and St. Pauli in contention for the the remaining playoff spot.

5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Nice sequence of passes in this attacking play by St. Pauli today vs Ingolstadt

[​IMG]

"Eisenfuß" Eilts, HSV-Jung and Robdog repped this.
  6. panda_kc

panda_kc New Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Germany / Croatia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wouldn't really bet on that.
    The can factory club from Leipzig is doing some serious work, despite the draw from the opening matchday.
    They already got a seriously good roster yet still acquired 2 good players from Fiorentina (Compper & Rebić). I see them as the dark horse of this years 2nd bundesliga campaign.

With Nürnbeg, Fürth and Kaiserslautern following them for the promotional spots.

7. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Die Lilien are in first place o_O are you freakin' kidding me? It would be amazing if they could remain in the 2.Bundesliga. Moving up to the 1.Bundesliga? it would be a freakin' miracle.

HSV-Jung repped this.
  8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    FC Heidenheim successful in their 2.Bundesliga debut at home, with a 2-1 win vs FSV Frankfurt.

[​IMG]

I found this video made in tribute to their last season campaign, winning promotion and the 3.Liga title:

9. HSV-Jung

HSV-Jung Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    I know I'm a few days late, but: Woohoo!! Darmstadt wins its first game back in 2. Liga after 21 years. A deserved 1-0 against Sandhausen. The goal came from a penalty shot, but all in all, the lilies presented themselves as the stronger team. Only 12 more wins and we book the ticket for another season. I'm sure they'll take it one game at a time and cherish every single victory.

10. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    I paied a visit to good old Bölle last weekend. Darmstadt took controll of the game after the penalty with one men up. They played it quite well then and were the better team. Seeing their upcoming opponents, they might actually be able to get a good start into the season!

HSV-Jung and Robdog repped this.
  11. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    No one is breaking away from the pack just yet - logjam @ the top of the table

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Greuther Fürth claim the first Frankenderby of the season, winning 5-1 in front of the home fans.

Lots of high scoring games in Matchday 2. Bochum also won 5-1 over Erzgebirge Aue. Braunschweig, Leipzig, and Karlsruhe scored 3 goals each in their victories. Darmstadt came close to winning their second, but Ingolstadt leveled at the end of extra time to finish 2-2.

13. MondoGoal

MondoGoal New Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Wellesley, Ma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Germany's second division is by far the most popular one in Europe. Is there a reason why? Is it mostly Germany's dedication to developing it's own talent?

14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Strong tradition, passionate fans, connection and identity between supporters and club, cultural elements, and fierce rivalries are all important factors.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  15. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Last time I checked England was part of Europe too, so I wouldn't really call it "by far the most popular one in Europe".

16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Exciting finish as St. Pauli score in extra-time to win 2-1 vs Sandhausen.

Not looking good for Nürnberg, losing second match in a row. New coach Valerien Ismael's new system still struggling to formulate a functional plan with all the players brought in.

17. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Leipzig looks like the real deal.

18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Fortuna Düsseldorf fans celebrating the 120th year anniversary of their club with a pyro show along the Rhein.

cortisoljunkie and Robdog repped this.
  19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  20. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Die Lilien win a crucial game in Karlsruhe and are well on their way into 1. Bundesliga!
    Incredible how this clubs has developed within the last 4 years... If it hadnt been for their rival Offenbach going bancrupt Darmstadt would have been relegated to Regionalliga in 2013! Two years later they are looking forward to the clubs second visit to the Bundesliga... unbelievable.
    Its even sweeter that this small club with a tiny budget and an oldschool stadium and fanbase is able to finish infront of Red Bull... :D :D :D

21. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Third actually - they were in the Bundesliga in 1979 and in 1982 (a single season each).