#2 goalie

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by crzdcolombian, Nov 29, 2007.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Pekerman was at the game last night and saw first hand how good Armani is.

He probably is pondering calling him up but knows it is not his decision to make. Armani's dream is to play for Argentina and Pekerman being Argentinian himself probably respects that decision more than we do.

2. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Armani looked great. He's been easily RPs best buy in a long time. I agree he won't be coming to Colombia. He's very ambitious and glad to see that he's got lofty goals. Argentina has plenty of good GK s around the world to compete for that #1 but i honestly think he's got the work ethic and talent to make it to the WC roster. Also helps that Sampaoli is a River Plate supporter.

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The list should come out tomorrow but for those who follow our league a bit closer who deserves the call?

Vargas and Cuadrado are the most likely to get called. Anyone better then them in the league?

Arbolera at Banfield deserve the shot? Or no point of calling him as he is too green for the WC.

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ruiz is a 20 year old and 6’2 starter at Equdiad. They are in 7th place and he was pretty solid against Cali. What do you guys who follow the league closely think of him..... he started the last 8 games because Bonilla is injured.

Also Vargas last 2 games :(....... how is he better then Cuadrado?

This season seems a lot of Colombian teams are using Colombian goalies :)

Also Envigado not as good switches between 2 U23 Colombian goalies frequently.

I just really don’t like Vargas.

5. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Vargas, Cuadrado, Castellanos. These are the only optios we have. I would say Arboleda, but he is too young and never was invited by Pekerman so it won't happen. Our future looks horrible in this position. Too bad Bejarano cannot play for us.

6. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    dude why are you so obsessed with this ? Ok we all know we need more GK options BUT unless disaster happens Ospina will be there to be the GK. Worst case we have a back up but you're OBSESSED with what will happen when it MAY LIKELY NEVER HAPPEN.

pepinointer and dapip repped this.
  7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Vargas is #2!!!!! How is everyone else not obsessed with other Colombian goalies popping up!! Vargas fking hot garbage

8. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What about the kid from Banfield? Every time they play he’s been starting

9. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    so you're suggesting that a kid you don't even really know should go to the WC and somehow take a position?

Ospina had 10000000% fault in that 1st goal. He's not in his top form. I get it. We all get it. But you don't have to go all the way to Argentina for our #2. FYI - Arboleda is good but not great...at least yet.

10. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    With the Europa League games and the friendlies, I hope he can put together 8 matches in the next 3 months. Maybe that will be enough to get him back to decent form in time for the world cup.

I think that Vargas and Cuadrado are the keepers that Pekerman will take to Russia. On the bright side, Arboleda is young and at least he will have a great chance to make the NT goalie position his after Ospina retires.

11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cuadrado should be our #2 goal then Castellanos or a young keeper like Ruiz at Equidad, Arbolera at Banfield, the Envigado keeper.

I mean a huge cluster fk has to happen to lose our 1st two goalies. 2nd string goalie playing Hardly ever happens. 3rd will never play last time I wanted our 3rd keeper to be Falcao haha

Regardless Pekerman doesn’t scout, watch games or track players. That’s why he is so gun ho on Vargas.

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    shut up, pekerman is a genius

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James is and Muriel’s goal was super lucky!

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James was real bad today actually as falcao was

15. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    its called jerarquia. We've been crying out for this for years!

this is what's needed to beat the huge teams. Also Falcao's goal was brilliant.

pepinointer and dapip repped this.
  16. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    :ROFLMAO:

pepinointer repped this.
  17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Muriel's gol was a gol bobo.
    It was a dangerous whip into the area and the keeper had his eye on Davinson and it bounced in. Good play by Muriel to try and make something happen.
    Was it a little fortuitous? Yes. But things like that happen and we used it as a catalyst to wake up which is even more important.

18. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    happened instantly after conceding too which was cool

pepinointer repped this.
  19. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He has taken so much crap during qualifying but that reflects coaching. Colombia looked totes comfortable on the field with a talented French team in France. Even a few years ago I thought we looked good against Spain but there was a bit of gee whiz it's Spain over there...not yesterday.

Really hope this continues to build - and it's not that we should beat people based on being "Colombia" but that you better be damn good and give everything if you are going to wear that shirt.

20. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Having been there.. Those crosses are tough for a goal keeper... You have your eyes on the ball all time, and when it's time to go for the ball, off the corner of your eye you see a player attacking the ball, so you doubt if he's going to touch it or not.. go for it, stay.. left.. right.. (all this in thousands of a second).. And when you doubt... you lose... Probably the best decision should have been to attack the ball regardless, but then the target might get to the ball and you also look like you went out to catch butterflies...

IOW, it is right in that area where you have apparently a lot time to react but too little time to adjust...

Furnaccio repped this.
  21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Alvaro Montero just popped up he is starting for Tolima today against Cali.

22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    BOnilla back from injury tied yesterday

Alvero MOntero started again and Joel Silva is a sub. Did he win the starting spot? if so should get called to a friendly. Joel Siva is a great GK if he can bench him then he def better then Vargas

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don’t care what Pepe says :)

Alvaro Montero started his 6th game in a row and Tolima won!!! Call him up!!!!!!!

This season a lot of teams are using Colombian goalies sucks none of you talk about them. This is the biggest question mark on the NTs future currently

24. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You get excited about anything... Have you seen him play? He is the same player as 3 years ago. The same mistakes and same virtues. Good reflexes but with the same butterfingers when the ball is in the air.

I do believe he can improve and his size will undoubtledly be very attractive to better teams.

I like Esteban Ruiz from Equidad but as long as Bonilla is in that team he pretty much has the door closed.

The other Young goalkeeper that's starting is Geovanny Banguera from Huila. He is 6'2" and is a decent goalkeeper overall, but tends to do stupid shit, like rushing too much to close the gap between him and the striker on one on ones, he's lucky he's very fast.

And Santiago Londono is a mixed bag, against Jaguares he was directly responsible for both goals.

pepinointer and crzdcolombian repped this.
  25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dude Camilo Vargas is just so bad I don’t want to see him get called.

Ospina also has butter fingers and coming out of the box was his greatest weakness when he was starting out in Colombia.

All the goalies you mentioned are pretty young and will hopefully improve