2. Bundesliga Thread 2011/2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by footyfan1, Jul 20, 2010.

?

Who Will Win Promotion From The 2nd Bundesliga This Season?

1. Eintracht Frankfurt

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. VfL Bochum

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. St. Pauli

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. TSV 1860 München

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. SpVgg Greuther Fürth

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  6. Fortuna Düsseldorf

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  7. Alemannia Aachen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Karlsruher SC (KSC)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. FC Energie Cottbus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Eintracht Braunschweig

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 1.FC Union Berlin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. MSV Duisburg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Dynamo Dresden

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. FC Ingolstadt 04

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Erzgebirge Aue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. SC Paderborn 07

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Disagree.

But I can see them curbing it by letting fans know if they do it, they will subject their club to match forfeitures or replays and empty stadium matches in the Bundesliga.

I know those rules are already in place, but the DFB has to start actually enforcing them.

2. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Perhaps. But you know how they (DFL) can overract too. If this becomes a pattern I could see them giving it up. Frankly, not sure I like it. Something to be said for ending the season the same day as everyone else.

3. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe for traditionalists.

I think the DFL likes the added intrigue, extra money and extra two weeks in the spotlight.

As bad as things were yesterday, let's remember that even bad publicity is "good publicity...." ;)

4. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Tell that to Tiger Woods. :D

5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He had nowhere to go but down. Imagine if that had been Sergio Garcia? He would have gotten "street cred!" LOL!! :D

6. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't think it was that bad. Yeah, it was a pitch invasion, but the fact that there were lots of women and children just shows that those were not hooligans but just ordinary fans behaving stupidly. The media makes it sound like there were full-out riots.

footyfan1 repped this.
  7. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spot on. I also feel the DFB/DFL will not agree with Hertha's protest.

8. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    True. But the LOTG do not allow for a distinction between kids, sparrows or hooligans with clubs.

I think the DFL should still send a message: Wait until the whistle goes or it will cost you dearly. Replay? Hell no! Steep fine? Absofrickenlutely.

9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the celebrations in dusseldorf afterwards were peaceful apparently... but i have a question : were the windows in the football special back to berlin broken from the inside or outside?

footyfan1 repped this.
  10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i can't imagine any replay being envisaged, nor docked points, but in france the fine per se would only be moderate, and there would be a match or two behind closed doors, which also constitutes hefty financial punishment for the club but also hits the fans directly. especially when it would be their first match back in erste BL in 15 years!

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^^

THIS!!

12. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I think this is about principles and the headline is the principal security for players, staff and referee.

Take the Denmark-Sweden Euro qualifikation scandal. One idiot that was drunk whent out on the pidge to tell the referee 3 minutes before end of game that his decision was wrong to award Sweden a penalty. Denmark lost the game 3-0 on technicalities and missed out the Euros in 2008 but what was special was the Danish FA sued the idiot hell out for a huuge amount of money in lost income for missed Euros, the case went into court and the poor guy said it would destroy his whole life (should have thought of it before) actually the public oppinion was that he should not be fined but the Danish FA kept the case because it was a principal case, a case to secure the future security of the games.

You could question that a fence would keep people out for those situations, but the organisations desided back in the start 90's to not use fences.......... so fines as the Denmark-Sweden game or the relegation games in BuLi are purely political issues.

13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You're comparing one referee making an extreme decision to a referee who made what seems to be a very calm and confident one here.

As far as the rest of your point, I have to admit it went clear over my head.

Don't get it one bit. Can you elaborate??

14. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I am not talking about referee decisions but about political issues creating post match punishments. I am not talking about if those punishments are sound, but simply implying that there are political reasons to why the Clubs involved will be punished.

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

OK. That's what I thought you meant, but I wasn't sure.

I honestly believe you're really putting too much stock into the "political" theory.

I think I can see why you do it though.

16. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It doesn't seem to me like the clubs and state prosecutors come down on delinquent fans like a ton of bricks.

What about say the guy who cut out the penalty spot in Düsseldorf prior to game end? He ought to be sued for a hefty fine and get a lifetime stadium ban. Film those who throw flares. Ban for life. Hefty fines. Probation or prison sentences.

Target the individuals bigtime.

As for the relegation format, it gives some different degrees of regular season success or failure. So it really adds a lot to the regular season in interest. And the relegation battles are real thrillers. And of course means more revenue.

Just don't see why that should be sacrificed over those fans. There's a lot that should be done before abolishing a format that enriches German football.

17. Kleyn

Kleyn Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He thought the game already ended. Does he deserve a lifetime ban for that?

They don't stand there with a photo smile on their faces, you know.

Great. Prison sentences for those who throw flares. What will be next?

18. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In my view, yep. Ignorance is of little account here.

Coupled with a steep fine of a few thousand bucks.

Well, if someone gets injured, sure, up to a prison sentence. It can be darn dangerous.

19. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Referee Stark press charges against a Hertha player (mayhem). According to the spiegel.de the player is Lewan Kobiaschwili and slapped the referee at the neck. The DFL also took actions against Kobiaschwili along with his teammates Thomas Kraft, Christian Lell und Andre Mijatovic, who are accused to assault the referee verbally and Düsseldorfs captain Andreas Lambertz because he used a bengali fire when the match was over.

20. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I expect at least a home match without fans for both, Hertha and Fortuna.

21. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    This is one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read on BigSoccer. Ever.

Mark my words: what they'll really do is ban standing, sooner or later. How that will enrich German football. And, just a coincidence of course, raise the average ticket price a lot.

I can't wait to see the reaction of the people who posted all those masturbatory "why the Bundesliga is awesome" articles here in the past.

22. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Agree 100%

23. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Was he on the pitch? Is he a player, security guard or ground crew? A coach? No, he's a fan! His ass belongs in a seat in Section 124, Row 12. So, yes, he gets a HEFTY fine and maybe a long ban. That will teach him and others to stay in their focking seat.

Would you prefer this?

Yes, it is time to ban flares and those who use them. If you don't ban them what is the deterrent from someone breaking the law? What if someone brings a knife and uses it, should NOT punish them?

24. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    His match report showed how abusive they were. How odd two of those guys were from the BL champs of complainers. :D

25. Kleyn

Kleyn Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, there are only two alternatives: prison sentences for those who throw flares or stadiums will burn to the ground.