1st Game: Colombia vs Paraguay (r)

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by Dan-ny-m398, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Re: US Official Roster

You forgot to mention that Colombia hasn't been to the world cup since 98, is been almost 10 years since you saw Colombia in the WC quite a long time I would say. Colombia has the best defense in South America uhh?? that's a new one, but I admire how you try to convince everyone that you actually have stats to back up all your delusional thoughts.

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

colombia doesnt qualify because they have no offense !! u realize that is harder to go to the WC in Sa than NA right? Mexico and the US would not qualify to every WC either. Just because a team doesnt make the WC doesnt make them suck as u can not compare Trindad to Colombia, nor even to Peru who would score like 10 on Trindad.

3. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

Dan-ny-m398
    BigSoccer Member
    Club: Paraguay, OLIMPIA

Yes I do realize is harder, but we are nation of 5 million people and we have managed to do it the last 3 times in a row, and we are the only other country after Argentina and Brazil that has done it everytime , since the new all against all system was stablished. Now tell me again how is Colombia a harder team than Paraguay and how their defense is better.

4. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Paraguay's offence aint that great either and we always go through

We're a better team then Colombia, not only because we always qualify ahead of Colombia, but had better performances in World Cups, and we get points from Colombia in games that matter.

Colombia only beats us in meaningless friendlies in Colombia or games that they must win that we dont care about due to already being qualified.

Colombia is a good team and if you beat us in the CA then bravo, but in the long run we'l always be the better team and history doesnt lie.

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

not as bad as colombias we scored 13 goals in 3 games (uru 5-0, peru, 5-0, ecua 3-0) and like 12 in all the other games..... we are a good team just not very motivated haha

well its going to be an intersting group think its def the hardest of the 3 and dont think that its going to be as big of a blow out as everyone is thinkin because if u saw argies last few friendlies they dont seem that great.

6. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

If going to the world cup after almost 10 years doesn't motivate your players, how is Copa America going to do it then, do you have any stats to show that your players just weren't motiveated also???.

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

Dan NY paraguay 0-1 crzcolombian

stats issue: least amount of golas allowed in the last WC quals in Conmebol..is a fact.

the question is how the usa will score in colombia with a bunch youngsters from MLS? can they score on paraguay? I say same chances
    PARAGUAY HAS GOLD upfront: santacruz and cardozo!:cool:

8. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

USA has trouble with defensive teams, if they have a hard time breaking Guatemala's defence.. how are they gonna break Paraguay's, which is 10x better? or even Colombia's who has class defenders such as Cordoba and Yepes

Group C is without a doubt the Group Of Death :cool:

9. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City

Ma man do you pay attention to all the teams during the qualifiers or do you just watch Paraguay? Look up the stats for Colombias defense in the qualifiers...Colombia has Ivan Ramiro Cordoba for Internazionale, Mario Yepes one of the best paid players in france from PSG, and Luis Amaranto Perrea formoer Boca Junior who now plays in Atletico Madrid.

Your defense is composed of players who play in Tigres,Pumas,Toluca...what a star studded Back line you have

And for your information Colombia tied with Paraguay in Baranquilla and beat them 1-0 in Paraguay not to mention the thrashing you guys recieved in this years friendly.

10. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

That is so GAY look up stats jajaja we are all so impresed by your defensive stats jjajaa, my point was to your Delusional friend who keeps posting up stats everywhere trying to convince himself and others that your team actually matters, let me give you a stat that really matters you guys haven't done anything in the last 5 years you haven't been in the world cup in almost 10 and those 2 points we took away from you in barranquilla could have taken you to the world cup, while the 3 you took away from us in Asuncion didn't matter for sh...t. And are we supposed to be impresed by your players that play in Atletico and other places?? we got players that are bench warmers in 2nd division teams in places I can't even name , but guess what. they always manage to get further than your stars.

11. ManUsucks

ManUsucks New Member

May 14, 2007
    NJ

....Suddenly this has become a Colombia vs Paraguay thread :D

12. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City

And what has Paraguay done in the last five years? make it to the world cup and then what? Colombia has always kicked Paraguays ass the only difference between the teams is that Paraguay takes their games against smaller teams more seriously while Colombians dont get it done against weaker sides. As fore Colombia being less a team than Paraguay be realistic you guys make it to the world cup to crash out in the first round.

13. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Much more then Colombia

Yeah, you beat us in games we dont give a sh*t about lol
    , we get points from you when it really matters, the last time Colombia beat us in a game that mattered to us was in 1996.. since then we beat you in Paraguay, Bogota, and tied you in Barranquilla. Colombia couldnt even beat us in the 1994 qualifiers when they had their best team ever and we had our worst in years.

Sad excuse, you guys have always been behind us in the standings.. we beat small teams and big teams... when was the last time Colombia beat either Brasil or Argentina in a competitive game? Paraguay has beaten both in the past 2 qualifiers, tied Argentina both times in Buenos Aires, and beat Brasil again in last Copa America, y Colombia? I guess you dont take the big teams seriously either :rolleyes:

Stats dont lie, Colombia is the lesser team between the 2, doesnt take a brain surgeon to figure that out, a few friendly wins dont make a difference

I got alot of respect for the Colombian team and alot of Colombian fans (in this forum and out) but some of you guys are so dillusional and talk out of your asses.

14. MountainHawk

MountainHawk New Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Salem, MA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Someone has to fight over third place in the group. :D

15. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Yeah cause 4th place is reserved for the Good Ol USA ;)

16. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

Ok now they don't take games against small teams seriously, Players are not motivated, and what's the next excuse?? and just Like Latin pride said, I also have respect for the COlombian team but I have seen plenty of you dreamers ,that think we are still in 96-98 going around disrespecting other teams. As for paraguay going out in the first round I bet you would have given anything to have a chance to play there. JJjaajaja Man I just realized something you were 9 years old the last time you saw your team in a real competition and BTW you also went out in the first round jajaja you got any stats on that ?.

17. Caraemondinga

Caraemondinga Member

Jul 29, 2004
    aca

Nos vemos el jueves hermano, les deseo suerte, la van a necesitar!

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    possible line ups and some smack talk pregame and post game goes here...

le me move material from invaded thread....:rolleyes:

19. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Every game in these group is going to be a final. While there is room for very exciting matches, there are going to be a few heartbreakers, hopefully not to Colombia.

From What I've seen, Pinto might start the following lineup:

---------------Calero

Vallejo----Cordoba--Yepes----Benitez

---Dominguez--Vargas--Viafara

-----------Torres (Ferreira)

---------Rey--------Rodallega

20. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I think for Paraguay or Colombia - first game DECIDES who advances in the group!

Both squads are very even -

21. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    WTH happened here?? wasn't this on another thread??

22. FLFootballFan

FLFootballFan Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's hard to make assessments on Colombia and Paraguay because both are beginning new cycles both with their coaches and their players. Paraguay's main group of players who went to the last three world cups is almost gone. So in Paraguay's case, there's a new generation of players who still need to establish themselves in their NT role. For Colombia, there's a combination good veterans and young players with a lot of potential. I think both teams are starting from zero almost, which is not the case for Argentina who still has the same players they've used the last 2-5 years. We'll see what happens thursday......

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    under Pinto Colombia is unbeaten for 6 games and only scored on 2x and scored 11 goals :), 5 wins, 1 tie... link

Paraguay has 2 loses 1 to colombia 2-0, lose to mexico 2-1, Ties against Austria and Boliva 0-0, and a win against Mexico 1-0 and have scored 2 and have been scored on 4x.. link

all this are facts given by fifa :)

Should be a good game and cant wait for Pinto to register his 7th game unbeaten and for our strikers to wake up before qualifers and Argentina. Tho we have a few hidden gems that Pinto is saving for qualifers :)

24. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    the other thread was about the colombian defense facing the USA, some of your comments were off tipic and landed in the correct place:eek:

25. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Crazed, there is one thing about friendlies: Well, they're friendlies. Who cares about our record in those meaningless games? Although it is nice to have a good run and to have a confident team, we should not focus on the results. I would highlight that the team looks solid in defense and in offense and that there are plenty of alternatives.

On the other hand, if I was Paraguayan I would be a little worried about the friendlies record. They won against the Mexies, but it seems like that is a personal thing lately so it is a little more serious (Don't you get the feeling that everybody in Conmebol wants to win against Mexico, really, really bad?). I'll be puzzled about their record in the other games.