19/20 Champions League Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Aug 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #926 Buffonfan, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    Liverpool fans in their RedWhite forum are super confident. It be nice to see Atletico teach those aggorant Liverpool fans a lesson though. There is a saying in my culture, doesn't matter how high a mountain is, there always mountains higher than you.

The reason why Liverpool was able to make a come back against Barcelona is because you can see when Barca came to Anfield, they went full on attack, they play "into" Liverpool game. You should park the bus at Anfield and protect your lead, NOT attack, that was Barca mistake.
    Who in their right mind go attack when you in Liverpool home stadium? Basicaly Barca play into their game, fall into their trap.

Now Atletico is very different. For sure they won't attack, they good at park the bus. You can see from their scores, they don't concede much and they don't score much neither. Atletico won't make the same mistake as Barca, Simeone is way TOO smart for that. I trust Simeone know how to work his team at Anfield.
    I think there people that say Atletico is like Napoli, but on steroids.

I feel sick with all the media blow up Liverpool like they some unbeatable, but then it good for Atletico to be the underdog, less pressure for them.

With Premire league, I support Manchester City, because I adore David Silva (I hate Man United though). Eventhough I like City, I still say Real Madrid will go through this tie. Over a 2 ties affair? Nahh, Real will go through.
    And as much as I adore David Silva, nahh, he can't beat Luka Modric.

And ofcourse our Juventus will go through, sheshhh we better be, or else we might as well put a bag over our head from embarrassment (of not able to beat Lyon), come on, we WILL beat this Lyon team.

2. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope Diego Costa will be fit by the Liverpool tie. And they sign Cavani by then too.
    Atletico really need another forward.

That Liverpool team sign that Japanese player Minamino for cheap. And he is a good forward.

3. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Talking about Allergi, I do miss Allergi. Hope to see him back in Italy Serie A soccer.

I don't doubt Sarri level of coaching, and I actually like Sarri. But mann, this year Serie A get me a bit worry, the league is wide open now. And we are 2nd in the league, with that Inter keep following us at the tail.

4. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I’m lost for words, you sir (if you are a sir by your post not sure) are a buffoon

5. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Uncalled for. Treat people with respect and they will treat you with respect.
    (Spoken as a member only. I am not a mod here.)

NicktheGreek, usnroach and phat repped this.
  6. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Pool fan coming on a Juve forum to blast a Juve poster.

SMDH.

7. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Now that I think about it, maybe he was calling him a Buffon.
    Which is a compliment :cool::D

8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Chiellini has been put on the CL squad, Demiral was removed. Chiello should be back by the end of this month hopefully

gumbacicc and Tifoso repped this.
  9. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Hope hope hope.

Tifoso repped this.
  10. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember when that person posted a big picture of Joao Felix thinking him and Atleti were going to do something against us?

I only think about that because I was listening to a podcast this morning and they were talking about Atleti's unfortunate transfers this past summer and winter after losing Griezeman, Godin, Rodrigo, Felipe Luis, and Juanfran.

Not writing off Joao Felix btw, or Renan Lodi.

11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Yeah trolls don't typically come around when they are proven wrong.

12. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    I was told one time that I could either plan to fail or fail to plan. The end result would be the same. ATM chose to tapdance through a mine field by trading those players and wonder why they got their feet blown off

usnroach repped this.
  13. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chiellini may be back but not sure how he will do since he is been off for a while, we will need to slowly integrate him back.

14. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Slowly? That's 2 large bandages and a half pint of blood the way Chiellini goes to war. I'm not sure who I'd welcome back more, but he's right up there

15. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #940 Buffonfan, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    @Mean Machine

Hi Sir Mean Machine, how are you?
    Since this is the CL topic thread, did you watch the Liverpool vs Atletico match?
    Liverpool had ZERO shot on target, which is alarming since they are a very attacking team. But their attack was not able to break down Atletico defense.
    Liverpool had 73% possesion, but NONE on target, that speak volume on Atletico defense.

Plus Liverpopl has been trailing a 1-0 win in PL matches at last minute before the whisle, and this time they not able to get back a goal at all in the whole 90 minutes against Atle.

And Liverpool fans blame on the ref, LOL. Yeah, it must be the ref fault that they have zero shot on target, lol. The ref was bad on both sides (let things on both sides slided), not to mentioned Mane should get a red card for that elbow in the Atletico player face.

Liverpool fans keep saying they got a came back from Barcelona 3-0, so they super confident to get it done in Anfield. They might, since it their home stadium. But they forget one thing, Atletico is NOTHING like Barcelona defense. Simeone is nothing like Valverde. Atletico is a very well drill in the head team. Simeone is not stupid.
    Ahh, and Liverpool fans said Atletico throw away 2-0 lead in Turin. Well, guess what, Liverpool don't have Ronaldo. Plus Liverpool fans foret this, Liverpool soccer style is NOTHING like Juventus. That England soccer of theirs is nothing like Italy and Spain soccer.

We going to have to see who win then. I can't call.

How are you? Happy belated New Year to you Sir.

Not worry about Juventus CL knock out match at all. Just worry about Serie A, Inter is still at our tail.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  16. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  17. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sorry if anything I wrote above offended you. I know you a Liverpool fan. I'm not a Liverpool fan but I still believe Liverpool will go through. Simply 2 reasons: 1) being at Anfield.
    And 2), Simeone "away" records is terrible. When was the last time he won an away match? I have to go back in 2014 to find his last away match win.

I trust Simeone, but just not trust his away records.

Anyhoo I don't bet and I hate gamble. But if I was to bet, I still would bet Liverpool through.

So cheers.

And congrads on your Premier league wrap up. It done and over with to me, 22 points clear. It over a long time ago. So celebrate your league win.

verde-rubro repped this.
  18. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    @Buffonfan , thank you for this!!!

And yes, I definitely watched Liverpool vs Atletico and very happy with the result. It was a good game to really show what Liverpool is made of.

As for whether they can turn it around or not, it is a tough call. They are very good at Anfield, but Diego Simeone is one of the best coaches in the world, and has only threw away a lead in a knockout tie once and that was against us. Not to mention Diego Costa was suspended against us, and he could have caused us real problems if he played. And yes Liverpool is nothing like Juventus and both of those goals were very classy from Ronaldo. There was also a very good chance that Atletico missed right before half-time in that game against us. With Costa back for the second leg, and hopefully Felix will be fit enough as well, it will not be good for Liverpool. I expect both teams to score in the second leg. Maybe a 2-1 win for Liverpool but that will not be enough for them to make it through.

And also when they turned it around against Barcelona, let's face it. Barcelona are not the team they were when they had MSN. Valverde is mediocre at best as a manger, and they also don't have a Plan B. If Plan A doesn't work for Barcelona they are screwed. It's not like Luis Enrique's Barcelona with MSN which had a lot of talent and could try many different ideas (not that Enrique was that much better of a coach), but the players were more than capable of asking different questions back then. Valverde also did not field the best backline because they were 3-0 up. No way is Simeone that stupid and he is way more tactical.

Afghan-Juventus and Buffonfan repped this.
  19. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Simeone's away record is not that bad. His only real flop was away to Turin at Juventus. Simeone doesn't need to win, even a 1 goal loss that is not 1-0 will be good enough for him. Look at the 2015-16 season what he did against Barcelona and Bayern. He has only once lost a two legged tie when he lead in the first leg and that was against us.

Liverpool still has a great chance, but I think it is 50-50.

Afghan-Juventus and Buffonfan repped this.
  20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  21. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Did I mistakenly read that Pjanic is unavailable today?

22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Other than Demiral, it is the full squad.

Tifoso repped this.
  23. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy