18/19 Champions League Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve submitted their Champions League roster for the knock-out stages, here it is... (Spinazzola in, Cuadrado out)

[​IMG]

2. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if the team wins, do they still get medals if they are excluded from the list?

3. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, Real Madrid win Atletico today, 3-1 (Casemiro, Serigo, Bale goals) and (Griezmann goal). And take their second spot, now Real is second in La Liga.

If Real Madrid can beat them, then I don't see why we can't?

I really hope Mario is fit, and Ronaldo just have to show up that day, then I'm confident they somehow can send us through.

4. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I think Mandzukic is fit. He is in the squad for Sassuolo. Ronaldo usually shows up in big games. Just hope our defense is alert, because it is still hard to score against Atletico, and those counters from them could cost us if our defense loses focus.

Buffonfan and juveeer repped this.
  5. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But Sir Mean Machine, it wasn't hard to score against Atletico yesterday since Real able to score 3 pass them. I guess Real must caught them in a bad day then, because Real Madrid make them conceed 3 goals in one game.

Now you make me confuse, lol.

We better make it through, all those money we invest on Ronaldo better pay off, pffffffff.

6. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I agree with you that we need to go through. If not, its an absolute failure.

Real Madrid did score 3 past them, but they worked really hard to score those goals. Ask them, it wasn't easy. One of them was a penalty by the way.

7. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So who will be starting this Wednesday?
    Saw some probable line up with Cancelo playing in the front 3 :sick:

8. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    Yeah, I hope Cancelo up front is not Allegri overthinking it again.

9. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bringing back the 4-2-3-1 that saw us to the final isn't the worst thing in the world. Caceres or De Sciglio at RB and Cancelo as the RM/RW could work and it also provides Dybala with an area that he is more comfortable with.

10. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    The issue with playing a 4-2-3-1 is Allegri can't ask Ronaldo to cover the left wing and Manzukic might not be able to play that role anymore.

With Cancelo as RM/RW/RWB, Allegri seems to be opting for a 4-4-2 that can easily shift into a 3-5-2. Unfortunately it does mean that Dybala is on the bench. This type of approach allows Sandro and Cancelo a lot of liberty to get up the field to support and get crosses into the front two. On the flip side, Juve won't be overly exposed defensively. Cancelo has been a bit of a liability defensively a few times since returning from injuries which is why De Sciglio could start as a way to protect him in the times he can't get back on Atletico's counters.

Unless Ronaldo has one of his rarely shocking games where he misses a bunch of chances, it's hard to see Atleti shutting Juve out. What a tricky tie.

11. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm leaning towards Bernadeschi and Caceres in the two doubt positions but who knows what Allegri will do come game time. Should learn a little more in his press conference today.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Khedira is out of the squad for tomorrow's game, he stayed in Turin.

calabrese8 repped this.
  13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    so Morata said today if he scores tomorrow he will celebrate it....

[​IMG]

15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Lol, made of ********ing glass

16. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    heart issue.. perhaps he snorted his salary this weekend

17. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    After being anesthetized by the Bayern-Liverpool and Lyon- Barca matches any non-goalkeeper created drama would be welcomed.

18. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #793 Buffonfan, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Both draw today. Barc draw with Lyon. Liverpool draw at home first leg (Bayern couldn't get a goal), this is an advantage for them, because once away, a draw (1-1) it will be Liverpool that go through.

We playing away first leg. I have a feeling we probably draw too (not something I want), we must win, we must score an away goal just in case.

I don't care, Manzukic and Ronaldo, especially Ronaldo better get us a goal tomorrow. All those investment on him better be worth it, sheshhh.

19. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Against ATM Ronaldo has a very long record of been there, done that, got the T-shirt. 21 goals in 30 matches is fox in the henhouse crazy

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Just curious to know why is it understood that a former player is not supposed to celebrate against his former team? Morata was transferred , sold or traded or whatever you want to call it for a reason. Why should he stay loyal to a club that got rid of him? The guy is gone and will never come back so what's the big deal if he celebrates or not? I mean who actually cares about a former boss or employer that fired or got rid of you and why should Juve care if he does celebrate? I never understood this reasoning.

NicktheGreek repped this.
  21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His full quote...

Morata "Will I celebrate if I score? My 1st goal with Atletico will be difficult not to celebrate, but out of respect, I might not. I'd like to respect the Juve fans, they are my team in Italy & I always want them to win, except vs us. Even if I do, I think they'll understand."

22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

Falc repped this.
  24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Morata on the bench for Atletico..

FORZA JUVE!

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atletico players already crowding the ref, the want a penalty for a clash of feet. Both Matuidi and Greizmann's boots were high. No way that's a penalty.

Guess we have to look forward to that tonight.