18/19 Champions League Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Honestly you guys are fine, IMO hate to say this but best team on paper. I can't see any team other than Barca or Man City possibly giving u guys trouble, (unless there's injuries or suspensions).

2. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why do you guys hate Sarri?

3. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Because of all the shit he talked about Juve and the excuses he was forever spewing to justify never winning silverware.

I'm sorry, but if they couldn't win the league with 91 points (or whatever it was), then they have nobody to blame but themselves. They even won in Turin and still managed not to win the league.

Even if 91 points is an extraordinary achievement for the dumpsters (LOL), only losers would pretend that that's some kind of consolation prize for not bringing home the title. Sarri never did anything but make excuses: the fact of the matter is that he failed to win with Nipoli because they are simply inferior to Juventus.

I don't want a loser who managed to throw away the league while finishing on 90+ points anywhere near my club.

4. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Maybe PSG or Liverpool. I rate both of them over Man City honestly. But still we are better than all 3 of them on paper. Barcelona is the only team that might be superior to us on paper.

5. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Tomorrow is the draw:

Hope we get Schalke 04! This would be an amazing outcome:

Atletico Madrid vs Manchester City
    Tottenham Hotspur vs PSG
    Liverpool vs Barcelona
    Schalke 04 vs Juventus
    Ajax vs Real Madrid
    Lyon vs Borussia Dortmund
    Roma vs Porto
    Manchester United vs Bayern Munich

6. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good call.

7. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Of course we get Atletico Madrid. Tough draw, but this was a squad assembled to win Champions League. You have to beat tough teams like Atletico Madrid along the way, and frankly, we should. No excuses.

Roma get the cupcake draw with Porto. The biggest matchup is Bayern-Liverpool.

Dante repped this.
  8. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Porto crushed Roma 4-1 on aggregate two years ago in the August summer CL qualifying round. I doubt Roma wins.

9. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Juve vs Atletico the toughest match of all. First in Italy vs second in Spain.

Juve need to be healthy and in form because Atletico are as good as they have been in recent years.

Ronaldo simply has to show up. One mistake in defense or poor finishing in the few chances Atleti give up and Juve are out. There will be no room for error going forward. This is why the CL is so tough and short.

soji22 and juveeer repped this.
  10. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Agreed. It will be tough to beat Atletico especially because they can be a great tactical team, but really though we should come out on top in the end. If we don't there are no excuses.

11. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I don't think they are better than 2013-14 and 2015-16.

12. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Did you watch those 2 games? If you remember Roma were extremely stupid and got 3 red cards all together. They played with 10 men in Porto for most of the match and Porto only equalized by a penalty.

Then in Rome, they played with 9 men for the whole second half almost, and 10 men for most of the first match. If it was 11 on 11, Roma would have won. With that saying though, Porto is not a team to be underestimated.

13. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I saw both games as back then I thought Roma would win easily. I even posted something about it. Today I think the opposite based on what I have seen from the Italian clubs in Europe but things could change in the next two months.

14. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Roma has really been underperforming in the league. They have a strong team on paper. Porto can be strong on their day as well but did have the easiest group. It'll be a good game. I tip Roma in the end.

15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I have no doubt Ronaldo shows up for Atletico, this is RM most hated rival besides Barcelona (inb4 he proves me wrong and goes ghost mode :D) But yea, this is the type of game this guy was made for, hopefully he can bang in a couple of goals for us

16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Natch, UEFA gives us the toughest draw out of Pot 2, LOL.

We must have really pizzzed UEspangne off by singing CR7. Once again UEspagne gives Barca and Real the better draws.

Atleti is the one team they always isht on.

Porto is really an easy out at this stage and the way Roma are playing anything can happen. Now if they get some of their injured players back, they could be OK, but right now they would be hard pressed to beat anyone in Pot 1.

17. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Ronaldo has scored 22 goals vs Atletico btw, hopefully he can add to that tally

juveeer repped this.
  18. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Only with quality crosses into the box

19. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Will Atleti have Costa back by then???

20. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    What happened to Costa? Is he injured?

21. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Yes not sure when he'll be back.

22. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
  23. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    If he doesn't and we don't go through, it will mean that the Ronaldo investment (on the pitch) has been a failure to date and that Allegri can go. No excuses. This is a must-win.

24. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
  25. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Beep, and we get Atletico, I just don't want to get them, their style of play is hard go guess. Out of all the groups, we just happen to get Atletico. Beep, just damn it.