14th Busan Asian Games - Post results & discussions [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by shenhua, Sep 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Ganbare Thailand!
    Forza Thailand!!
    Show us what Muetai Kickboxing soccer is all about!
    We need to sack our coach ASAP. (Lee DG also)

2. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Goal by Lee CS.
    2-0 now.

3. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    He already announced his resignation after a disappointing loss against Iran.

4. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    another goal by Choi TW
    3-0. DAMN it

5. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Park resigning?

Wow. I thought he said that he was not resigning. What a shame. It is not like it was him that missed the PK. Put Hiddink in the same situation and I don't see a dramatic difference.

6. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    he didnt. he never said anything about his future yet.
    it was all made up by sports 'enetertainment' news media.

KFA president said ±â¼úÀ§¿øµé will discuss and determine his future.

7. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Re: Park resigning?

I agree. It was never going to be easy for him to get this team into the finals. With only 3 weeks of preparation time, I think he did best what he could do. Fans and media expected too much from him. I also think the blame should go to the officials of KFA.

8. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Lee CS hit the post twice. Still 3-0

9. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Fulltime

Korea 3-0 Thailand

I won't be able to update Japan - Iran match later tonight. May the better team wins the gold and good luck to both teams.

10. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    its over now.
    i just hope Park dont say like "I'll do my best for up coming olympic"

11. Iranian-Striker

Iranian-Striker New Member

Aug 7, 2001
    Final

Iran 2 - Japan 1

Iran hit the woodwork once in the second half as well.

Goals:

Iran= Javad Kazemian, Mehdi Bayatinia
    Japan= Satoshi Nakayama

12. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul
    Congrutulation to Iran. Although it broke my heart to watch Korea lose, you definitely deserved it. I live in DC and I was at a bar watching the Asian Cup 2000. When it was a game between Korea and Iran, I was the only Korean at the bar surrounded by over 100 Iranian fans. Although Korea ended up winning 2-1 in the overtime, many Iranian fans came up to me afterward and congratulated me and shook my hand. You can tell Iran takes AG and Asian Cup much more seriously than Koreans. We should learn from them that there are more competitions out there besides the World Cup.

13. Arlyn Jayde

Arlyn Jayde New Member

Sep 6, 2002
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Congratulations, Iran.

Congrats to Iran for successfully defending their Asian Games title. They didn't broadcast the match in full, but I managed to see the first Iran goal.

Japan put up a good fight, too.

And congrats to Lee Chun-Soo, who--according to what I've read, at least--has been great throughout the tournament.

And oh, can somebody inform me who was the South Korean captain during the bronze medal match? Lee DG or Lee YP?

Thanks.

14. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
    well done iran. well done to japan and korea and thailand too for making it that far.

15. Yuke

Yuke New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Japan
    Congrats to Iran for winning the Asia Game final.

I was looking for Japan's sweet revenge on Iran as Japan lost to Iran in Asian Youth Championship's final group preliminaries before reaching the final of the competition in '99.

Considering Iran was better prepared and brought the overrages and some top prospects from the U-19 side, Japan, which was consisted with U-21 players, did well with some starters who were out of shape due to injury and AYC MVP Maeda sitting on the bench for the whole tournament for the same reason. I've underrated Japan's U-21 for their lack of mental strength(which I still think it has a large room of improvement) as well as preparation(had only 2 games since coach Yamamoto has been appointed late August), but it as well as the team work gruadually improved as the team moved on toward the final. As they get through more taugh games in and outside the domestic leagues, they'd be ready to give a good shot at Athene '2004.

Back to my views on the final, I've never thought Japan could have created some decisive scoring chances against the Persians that had the best defense in the tournament. The same can be said to Japan's defense that worked very well because Iran couldn't broke the Japan's organized defense line at all. Most of their effrorts came from mid-range attempts including the one that hist the goal post and a few other shots that forced Japanese goalie's good saves. It was the two sillieset mistakes(the 2nd one was just unbelievable) that cost Japan the gold medals.

Well after all, Iran was the best "balanced" team in the tournament. Yet, when we begin the Asian Olympic qualifiers, Korea Rep and PRC will add top prospects of U-19, and also the current rule doesn't allow addition of the overages. The teams we've seen in this tourney would be alot different for good and bad. Yet, what we've seen this tourney may be suggesting Iran, Japan, Korea Rep, PRC + KSA will be the top contenders for the qualifiers, followed by Thailand and maybe Iraq, Oman, Bahrain and Uzbekistan. Kuwait and UAE didn't look promising though.

Now, our next attention in the Asian football goes to Asian U-20 Championship finals.

16. Saudi Bill

Saudi Bill New Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Congrats to Iran! the golden boys of asian soccer :)

Yuke I see u put us by defaulte, since KSA did not take part in this tourny (u were talking about bosan right?)

17. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    nice going our and iran's young guns. after 7-0 demolition against jubilo, many thought we might be kicked out at the first stage, incapable of beating uzbek and bahrain. i'm glad to see them come this far after all although as far as i've heard none of them are ready for the national team appearance yet. hopefully, they'll improve better by athen '04

18. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    we'll see in 3 days in doha

19. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Congrats to Iran. I didn't think you had it in you. This is a great result, especially after the disappointment of not qualifing for the World Cup.

20. Iranian-Striker

Iranian-Striker New Member

Aug 7, 2001
  21. foreverjunjun

foreverjunjun New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    alright alright. i did post under a new name. mods ban one of my id, yellow card me, whatever.

kc123, you are really really sad. why can't you just let a dumb thing go? what do u gain from me posting under junjunforever instead of foreverjunjun? cause its a "rule"? it wasn't like i was pretending to be someone different. i don't like you anymore. i thought you were just a fun fellow poster with opposing views. i realize now that you are one of those people who try to find the smallest fault to harm anyone they can.

i hope you are very satisfied now that i will have one of my screennames banned.

22. foreverjunjun

foreverjunjun New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    oh yeah mods. redcard my junjunforever and yellow card foreverjunjun. you can allow my little last wish can't you?

23. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    kc123, you are really really sad.
    hahaha, you are so pissed off now, I see.

why can't you just let a dumb thing go?
    You did a lot of dumb things here yourself, Mr.troll.

what do u gain from me posting under junjunforever instead of foreverjunjun? cause its a "rule"?
    1. use sockpuppet is clearly against the rule.
    2. I read the sticky "warning" thread in this forum. The mod states that you and leelo both have created the sockpuppets. I wondered why leelo got red carded but you didn't.
    3. I wanted to piss you off.

it wasn't like i was pretending to be someone different.
    Maybe.

i don't like you anymore.
    I really don't give a shi+ whether you like me or not.
    And I don't think you liked me before.

i thought you were just a fun fellow poster with opposing views. i realize now that you are one of those people who try to find the smallest fault to harm anyone they can.
    You are not any better than me. I admited that I was bitching about your sockpuppet. I didn't know you get pissed off that easy. We just come here to troll, you take things too seriously.

24. foreverjunjun

foreverjunjun New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    i guess i'm no better than you. well, i wouldn't say i was pissed off but i was disappointed cause my goal was to have about 10 different id's. i was going to have junjunforever2, junjunforever3, junjunforever4 and on and on and on. and then i was going to argue that all 10 people were differnet people. dang. that would have been so fun. oh well. not everything goes my way.

well i guess the difference between leelo and iwas that i didn't pretend to be someond different. he wanted to start new as a non-troll (which u guys didn't let him) probably.

25. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    Well, besides a fierce rivalry even about the Asian games, what else did anyone learn from this tournament? Any new talents we should look out for in the future?

I think Thailand is improving rapidly; they will defiantly be the first south Asian country to qualify for the World Cup. China’s chance to qualify for the next world cup looks thin if Asia doesn’t get more spots, the talents might be there, but the winning mentality isn’t. They mentality of the Chinese team, both youth and national, must change before they can achieve anything special.