Pre-match: 13a Milan vs Napoli 2019/20

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by PrimeDona, Nov 18, 2019.

1. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sacki repped this.
  2. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The real disgrace are the performances. This looks bad, but we have to seperate personal lifes from the professional ones. I don't care he is smiling with his friend, I care that he hasn't been sacked yet.

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  3. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Does that mean ADL has to pay him to do nothing?

Good Luck

4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don’t get the mentality point. For a year we have been tactically horrible.

Mentality point is relevant when they are about to win and the pressure gets to them.

This team since January is in free fall.

Sacki repped this.
  5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fabian for Isco plus 100M. Allan 60M are way too high.

Belotti for 40M and Tonali for 20M are half of what they are worth. Tonali is worth 300M. He won’t be sold for 50M.

We has our chance with Sarri and we lost it.

The hope is now a billionaire.

6. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes but who, which one of our former club legends looks up to the task? I wouldn't mind taking a punt on Fabio Cannavaro, he's Naples through and through, shown a fair degree tactical knowledge in China. If we aren't going to get a big name coach we need someone who really understands the culture of the club and the City. Carlo's biggest mistake was thinking his big club management style that worked for Madrid and Chelsea would also work here.

Sacki repped this.
  7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He also failed at Bayern. His management not suited for Napoli nor modern football.

Cannavaro played for Juve. I would not want him and he has done nothing to prove he knows what he is doing.

8. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not my first choice by any means. I still think we need a big name manager ; just because Carlo didn’t work out doesn’t mean all big name coaches won’t work. Allegri is most realistic but Pep next summer is the dream(with Qatari owners)

9. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I wouldn't call it an overwhelming majority at all. It's definitely split right down the middle it's just that this board happens to have more fans in favour of sacking Carlo. If you read Italian forums a lot of them blame the players and know that if Ancelotti leaves and with no Sarri like coach out there we will be even more doomed.

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Disagree. I read Italian forums and have friends in the city. They are saying the same.

everyone hates ADL and wants Ancelotti sacked. Some blame players as well.

11. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    No he isn't. besides brescia will never ask that much + tonali will want to leave

12. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    When I took my managerial licenses we were always told it was almost never the players' fault. Yes, it was very inspired by the Cruyff way of thinking.
    Pep, Mourinho, Klopp, and whatnot all emphasis more on being socially strong and bringing the dressing room together more than they care about a specific tactic. If the players aren't happy in their environment both on and off the pitch, they won't perform more than a regular person who holds a job. It's about getting more than just their professional commitment to their job out of them.

To use this in perspective it looks to me like Ancelotti is draining these players with his boring attitude and his dogmatic approach to the tactic/formation.

He could still be a top manager, but there is a clear mismatch between him and the abilities and weaknesses of our squad. He is not a good fit - never was.

13. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Well, I have family in Vomero and Forcella and they say their areas are all in complete support of Ancelotti. They say around them the people are turning against Insigne, Callejon and De Laurentiis.

14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know but not below 80M

15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Everyone is against ADL anyway.

Interesting. Surprised to hear that on Ancelotti. First time I am hearing it.

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  16. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I don't think we have been tactically horrible. And I am quite sure most people disagree with that as well. Let's not forget this is the coach that managed to prepare us, TACTICALLY, to perform on par with the greatest teams in the world. Mentality is relevant in many different areas. This year, we have obviously succumbed to the belief that we can win games just with skill, which is a delusion. Juventus have won most of their games so far thanks to individual skill, grit, and their absolute concentration on winning no matter what, no matter if it's the 2nd or the 95th minute. Saying that mentality is only important in the situation that you referred to is kind of myopic.

I really think some of you have fallen in love too blindly with our team, and you have come to believe in its invincibility, and expect the impossible. All teams struggle on the pitch tactically, and very often, but that does not mean they should fire their coach. If that were true, Sarritroll would be packing his suitcase right now, as Juventus seem to win thanks to Dybala or Higuain only almost every single game. We have, in fact, been doing much better in many respects yet we obviously lack sth that Juventus have had for a long time, and it has nothing to do with tactics. We need to be clinical. I believe that if we had only managed to be a bit more clinical in our finishing, we would now have been at the very top.

17. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Clinical comes with skill up front, which we lacked before the season started. Mental issues have plagued them for awhile, but an owner can't fire 20 players, so it always starts with the manager.