Pre-match: 13a Milan vs Napoli 2019/20

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by PrimeDona, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    All the new players brought in fight for the club more than all the others. Allan I saw him fight today, Koulibaly fought. Insigne, Callejon and Mertens ... No.

Clear out these 3. Insigne, Callejon and Mertens must go. We played better when we shifted to a 4-3-3.

2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Much worse. Benitez had a much weaker teams and in some games we looked phenomenal.

3. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    We only ever looked good with Benitez in his first year and then that 1 game against Wolfsburg in his 2nd year. Aside from that he was much worse than this.

4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am sorry to say this my friend but your statement makes no sense.

What do you see in games to not blame the coach?

Allan fought like a lion today so did Koulibaly.

Your argument about missing chances is the oddest. Maybe against a few teams but overall we create little.

Midfield is light, team is stretched and there is no creativity. Not sure how you can not want Ancelotti to be fired.

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We had a much weaker team and Benitez was never allowed to spend. I don’t like him but Ancelotti has ruined a team that was functioning well.

Sacki repped this.
  6. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    We concede very little chances, it's just other teams finish all their chances on us. I also feel we create a ridiculous amount of chances and screw up almost all of them. Today we had Callejon's chance, we also had Mertens on a 3v2 against 2 Milan defenders and Mertens overplays the pass to Elmas who tries and gets us a penalty shot.

Midfield is light, how can we put it on Ancelotti that we just don't have enough centre midfielders for a 3 man mid? We don't even have a regista in the squad as ADL sold Diawara without any replacement.

We've also hit the most amount of posts/crossbars in the league.

7. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Benitez's first summer with us all we did was sell Cavani and we bought Higuain, Mertens, Callejon, Albiol, and Koulibaly. I hate Benitez but he was definitely allowed to spend.

8. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Only ADL knows why Jorghino was sold with no replacement. Him playing in between Allan and Fabian would cure the midfield woes. This 4-4-2 is not working at all. How many more games must we suffer to see this conclusion?

PrimeDona and Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don’t know what games you are watching. We create little and are poor.

Sacki repped this.
  10. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I genuinely believe Carlo's tactics is draining the life out of these players which is why I'd rather have another coach train these players before giving up on them. You forget these players gave us 3 very memorable years under Sarri. They're clearly not responding to Carlo's methods. Arsenal under Emery is a good analogy (although we aren't that bad), they have a good squad stifled by poor tactics, and the players look unhappy on the pitch.

Sacki and Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  11. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Defensively we're awful, 7 teams in Serie A have conceded less than us. Offensively we miss quite a few chances I agree which is not totally on Carlo but that's partially down to a lack of confidence in the system. Football is 50% mental, and these players are clearly stressed everytime they play for Napoli right now.

12. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Not sure what games you've been watching I just gave you 2 very good examples of the game we just played. Again, have we been poor? Yes. But I think our finishing is probably the worst I've ever seen.

I agree with you that these players gave us 3 very memorable years, but these same players cried out for signings instead of believing in themselves, they clearly did not believe in themselves from the summer. I believe that they knew their chance to win with Napoli was closing and they wanted more players coming in to help them achieve a championship with Napoli... When that didn't happen they completely gave up and threw in the towel and their play is showing that.. Mertens and Callejon especially. I again agree with you on the similarities with Arsenal.

Yes we've conceded a lot of goals but not a lot of chances. Like you say we've conceded the 13th most amount goals yet did you know that we've only conceded the 4th least amount of shots against per game? Only Juventus, Roma and Inter have conceded less shots against. Today for example, when the fcuk does Bonaventura ever score bangers like he did today against us today. Against Genoa we tied 0-0 and we conceded only 1 shot on target. Against Redbull Salzburg we conceded 1 shot on target and they scored on a penalty shot.. Even when we played Atalanta they scored 2 goals on 4 shots on target.

All these teams are clinical, in all our games we create chances that a team our level should be converting and we miss all of them. I can't help but think where we would be right now if Icardi would have said yes and agreed to join us. I strongly believe we would be in 1st or 2nd place right now ...

13. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We don't always give many chances, but they always seem to be clear cut. As for chances missed, ask ADL and Ancelotti why they stuck with the current strikers. Everyone already knew their limitations before the season started. This style and formation just does not suit the current lineup. That is not even debatable at this point.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  14. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Nothing, I guess. My point is difficult and it revolves in complexity. You seem to see it all as a very simple thing. I watched Juve's 2nd half yesterday and they were shit, not at all for the 1st time. My point is, the key to success may be much more invisible than we think.

Like, all the things that you ascribe to us and blame it on Carlo, Juve had it yesterday, and maybe even a bit more of them. Juve fans are actually reveling right now precisely because of the fact, they are laughing at their ability to win a game even though there is not a single thing in the team that works. They have even said: "This is not Sarriball, this is Sarritroll." Yet they easily won in the end. The competition has grown better, the games are not simple. But some have the right attitude and experience to respond and we seem to have lost the portion of it we have had. All teams struggle because the games are tough, but we have noone to show up.

15. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    You can't say we create many chances when we have games where zielinski shoots from outside the box 8 times in one half. That's just a sign of the players running out of ideas because the coach is tactically incompetent. He is a dinosaur and should be treated as such, bye bye Carlo sorry we didn't have a silver spoon squad for you.

And yes it was Carlo that let Jorginho go, he didn't call him but called all the others, he insinuated that Hamsik was a better regista, he then stated we don't need Jorginho because we have a strong midfield 4 months after.

Blame adl all you want, but a great coach would have stopped the move and sold someone else,
    - like Allan or insigne. Legs are easy to replace - minds and leadership are not.

16. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    + we by far is the easiest team to create chances against in the top 8 because we willingly(!) invite pressure... Why do we do that?!!! Give me one reason we let them come into our small penalty box before we meet them with a tackle?!! I ********ing hate ancelotti he is god damn awful and arrogant. Sarri came up with a better system than him and now he is doing this shit here... K2 and Manolas is the fastest CB pairing in Europe!!! Why the ******** are they not being pushed up? Tell me why ancelotti who looks more lost than any player on the pitch, shouldnt be sacked?
    I would take a youth coach from the swamps over him.

17. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Besides a lot of you is hoping we'll do something in the CL.

Im sorry to tell you but we won't do shit there either. Ancelotti is good at closing off the big teams, I'll give him that much, but... How the Hell are we gonna score a goal when our whole team is in its own half? A callejon dive again?

Mertens and Insigne are our only two forwards talented enough to create a goal against big team, however they are also the quite slow, so how will they get up there if we live on the counter?

18. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    where is manolas ? is he a fckn prone?

19. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    He is off with the Greek national team... Who cares anyway.... we don't need his particular set of skills when we play like this anyway... Maksimovic or manolas when we place the backline a yard in front of Meret what the difference? I'd even argue we don't need k2 that much

20. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I write a lot of arguments. Where did I say it was simple? Ancelotti destroyed a functioning team after a year of being here and spending a lot of money. He said he would win the title. The same happened at Bayern. They were fine before and after him.

That does not mean we have no problems with ADL but they are two separate issues. The coach needs to go.

21. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ONE AND ONLY

MASSIMILIANO ALLEGRI

22. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not joking there's been posts on twitter from yesterday about Napoli officials talking with Allegri in the stands, with Jose going to Spurs he might be one of only 2 options, between him and Pochettino

23. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Agreed, mostly. He has obviously done some good things and the potential was there(such as our clashes with the greatest teams on Earth), but somehow shit went wrong and I think it is possible it was due to our players' mentality, for as I have said, they have shown neither strength of character nor grit on the pitch, except for the last game, maybe.

Of course, the factors are many, but I think that the refusal to go through the training retreat shows much more than many wish to admit. As I have said upon numerous occasions, the president of Lazio was even less tactful and much harsher with his players in the media yet can you please tell me where they are right now? 3rd place, indeed. No pussies surfaced that day, not even one.

A team aspiring to become champions simply should have reacted differently. This clearly shows that while Juve would even shed their own skin to win and walk around all red and exposed to parasites, we were not even wiling to work hard. We took the results as nothing more than a bit of bad luck, as sth to be ignored and fixed later. Juve players would have been freaked out, they would maybe have even insisted on being locked up 24/7. From Hell's heart they'd have stabbed at the great whale of failure and defeated it.

The coach, the president, and the players should bow down and lick dirt, if they ever wish to regain at least a shred of their decency. The gentleman who earns a lot of money yet he can't show anything for it. The players traversing the same path. The president unable to react now that shit has gone truly awry.

24. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #74 Sacki, Nov 24, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    Aren't you guys worried it's all over? Will we go back to being a team that fights for top 4 every year?

Imo we don't need allegri, pochetino or ancelotti. We need someone to come in with fresh and modern ideas - doesn't have to be a top coach! Leicester used Rodgers and chelski got lampard and theyre both back to the top.

We don't have kane, Eriksen, son, Lucas, higuain, dybala, c ronaldo, kaka, Shevchenko, Crespo or ibrahimovic in attack, instead we have slow or physically weak forwards, meaning we have to play high for them to flourish.
    (I know Mertens used to be at that level, but he is too slow now)

We will never be able to afford those complete forwards, so imo, it's pointless taking a manager who has succeeded by having some of the best forwards in the game allowing their teams to sit tight with the defence if needed and use the top forward to counter attack. There will always be moments where you're team won't dominate, so it's important u you can pose a threat in those moments. With the way we are set up and the players we invest in the counter attack, we cannot utilize it enough. Under sarri it worked because the counter attack involved both runs from the wing backs and one or two central midfielders, allowing us to create situations where we would outnumber the opponent, however I don't believe mertens, insigne, milik, lozano, llorente or callejon have the abilities required to play isolated up front in counter attacking play and succeed.

The big problem with ancelotti is that it seems almost all our chances have to come from the counter.

25. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #75 Sacki, Nov 24, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    If it were up to me we'd buy Belotti, simeone, tonali, torreira, chiesa, Emerson and orsolini and sell Allan, callejon, insigne, milik and Rui to free up money

Use ruiz to get isco or someone else from Madrid

Meret
    Di lorenzo-manolas-k2-emerson
    Torreira-tonali
    Isco
    Orsolini-Belotti-Chiesa

Out (ideas)
    Allan: 60
    Callejon:?
    Ruiz: 100 + isco
    Rui: 10
    Insigne: 50
    Zielinski: 40
    Milik: 25

In (ideas)
    Torreira: 20
    Tonali: 50
    Isco: free
    Belotti: 40
    Orsolini: 30
    Chiesa: 45
    Emerson: 25
    Simone: 20

I like Allan and ruiz but you have to break some eggs to make an omelette. Alternatively k2 can be sold but I'm afraid its too bothersome to replace him or talk him into leaving napoli in the 1st place

These are just estimates... Literally have no idea how to solve this puzzle