Pre-match: 12a Napoli vs Genoa 2019/20

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by PrimeDona, Nov 7, 2019.

?

Who is most responsible for our current debacle?

1. ADL

62.5%
  2. Ancelotti

12.5%
  3. Players

25.0%
  4. Giuntoli

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No. He wants his pay.

Sacki repped this.
  2. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why we paid him 6m to begin with baffles me. Pay him 3m and then when he delivers the scudetto then increase his money.

3. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    he had one last trick up his sleeve: hustling ADL

4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think there is hardly any Napoli left that wants Ancelotti to stay.

If ADL delays it and fails people will blame him because everyone finally knows Ancelotti is the problem.

PrimeDona repped this.
  5. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For the first time in 5 years I’m clueless as a Napoli fan in terms of the direction of this club. Challenging for the Scudetto was always the main target with going far in Europe being a secondary target. Attractive free flowing football was our philosophy. I can honestly see us drawing to Genk and getting spanked at Anfield then dropping down to the Europa league. Domestically we’re a mess. Where are we going as a football club?

6. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #81 RichardBarker, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    It is easy to blame the coach when things go wrong. But the exact same team and the same coach just two months ago beat the best team in Europe, Liverpool 2-0. Last season we retain #2 spot while having a weaker squad and played some attractive direct football. So what has changed? Simple answer : Mentality.

Basically, the players no longer want or care to play for this club and the shirt anymore. Many players are not having their contract extended while ADL think of how to profit from their sales. Probably all of them are thinking of leaving from Insigne to K2. Morale is at an all time low and I have never seen it this bad since I followed Napoli. And I don't blame them as who wants to play for a club with a shit owner who will sue his own players and a moronic fan base that hurl insults and issue death threats? Harassing our own players in our own stadium while a game is going on is only making the matter worse, so does breaking into a player's personal home and destroy the place and threaten their family. These Napoli Ultras are idiots. And obviously they have been instigated by ADL to do so.

A sports journalist not longer ago wrote that it is impossible for a city with a fan base and environment like Napoli to go far because of the volatile nature of the fan base. Either they adore the players like Gods or the flip side, violently hate them. There is no middle ground. No players purposely want to play like shit but mentality is a huge issue and this clearly doesn't help.

Threaten and insult some more and we will be in relegation zone. No changing of any coach will help.

7. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #82 RichardBarker, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Even during the Sarri days, we were never really going to challenge for the Scudetto simply because the owner didn't invest and we didn't have a deep enough squad. The last season of Sarri, the players pushed themselves as far as they can go but still fall short. Sarri knew this, that he will never win anything with this club and left. Then come CA and things look up for a while but again, no key signing and just all the usual BS talk from ADL and he is left with a mess to deal with, a weakened squad and demoralized players while the President actively interfering and dictating the daily management of the club sporting affairs, issuing decrees like he is an emperor, insulting the players in front of the press while trying to disguise the fact that he really has no financial means to properly invest in the club. So what you expect? Now, everything is imploding.

Countless ex-coaches and players from Cavani to Higuain have squarely put the blame on ADL for them leaving and Napoli not getting anywhere. To put it shortly, with ADL, we are f**ked.

nguoiaoden repped this.
  8. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Jorginho is a special player, I can only think of two players in Europe that can do what he does. One is a certain Bosnian working with Sarri at Juve, the other is Thiago Alcantara

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nice to see Napoli fans applaud their former player....

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was not going to reply to you given your insults in the past.

The points you make are valid. I have made the same. But why did Ancelotti endorse what ADL did?

He said multiple times this is a perfect president, rated the summer a 10 and said no excuses we will go fo the title. Especially this summer Ancelotti should have known that players were demotivated.

Ancelotti cannot have it both ways. He cannot protect the president and expect to not be attacked and criticized when things go so badly.

Reality is with ADL the decline was inevitable. But we cannot ignore Ancelotti’s role in not adding desire or a game plan and on top protecting ADL.

Also this lack of desire and a game was what got him fired at Bayern.

11. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Trying to pin it on ADL after you realise you were wrong the entire time, hilarious.

ADL has done about 20x more financially for Ancelotti than he ever did for Sarri.

12. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    People except some napoli fans were sleeping on him, now they can see it, but the funny thing is: he was still much better at Napoli.

We have to get Tonali! He is the real deal.

13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We won’t get Tonali

14. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    After watching yesterday's game, I must admit we are the lamest team on Earth. It was like watching a scared little girl trying to touch a big, venomous snake.

15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Many games in 2019 have bene like that. He needs to be fired. This is ridiculous.

Sacki repped this.
  16. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cagliari 3-0 up already and it hasn’t even been 45 minutes. They’re pulling away from us.

17. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    They have been brilliant, but I don't think they have the defenders and forwards to keep it up, but that midfield 3 though

PrimeDona repped this.
  18. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I thought you were overly pessimistic a few weeks ago but I ran the numbers and we are indeed on course to finish with 60 pts if this current form continues, keeping in mind it could very well get worse. I’m now leaning towards sacking him because we can no longer afford to wait until the Inter game, which now looks like a certain defeat.

19. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nainggolan on current form is better than any of our midfielders

Bedelcigil repped this.
  20. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nainggolan was always a top player, unfortunately too old for us to acquire from Inter

Insigne4BalonD'or and Bedelcigil repped this.
  21. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I look at a dew things.

What is the club doing. Club management is critical and Napoli’a has been horrible.

Research the coaches. Yes like Ziadane Ancelotti has 3 CL but both won them by being good man managers of the best teams of their times. In the league Ancelotti has always been a failure and he did not fit Napoli.

Similarly Emery may have 3 Europa Leagues but he did not win the league with PSG and in Spain in 30 games against Mourinho, Guadriola and Simeone lost 19 and drew 11. Not a single win.

Finally I watch and analyze games and the flaws were there. I saw it in the first three games under Ancelotti against Lazio, Milan and Sampdoria where in all three we fell back and only won 2 of them because the team changed in the last 30 minutes. Those last 30 minutes were Sarriball.

Throughout the 15 months I have not seen anything resembling a structure. So how can I be optimistic?

PrimeDona repped this.
  22. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cagliari 5-1 up and playing with so much energy, belief and intensity. Man for man they’re worse than us in at least 8/11 positions. The result of good coaching.