12/13 CCL: Semifinals [R]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by Nico Limmat, Mar 13, 2013.

1. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    321789270295715840 is not a valid tweet id

2. Ganapper

Ganapper Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly when we are sitting at 1 total win in games that count for 2013, and that 1 win was against an El Tigres squad that wasn't full strength, I'll take any moral victories I can get.

3. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    and in the end get left with nothing but broken dreams of what could of happend lol

4. Footsatt

Footsatt Member+

Apr 8, 2008
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not trying to be snarky, but I am genuinely interested in a link to the 400 million number also.

It is truly difficult to find information on LMX (team values/revenue, attendance and TV deals etc).

And it's true what Club Leon says, at least the TV deals part... the MLS really needs a decent TV deal to get things going. I haven't looked at the attendance figures this season, are they truly dipping?

5. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Quintero 1 goal from the Pichichi!!!!!

6. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well this Club Leon Poster tend to be full of shit, he mexispazzes once in a while. So I assume the 400 million number he pulled from his ass.

Now between Mexico and the USA I could see a 150-200 million total for Liga MX, maybe half from Mexico and half from the USA.

7. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What do you define as "supposed?"

Do you mean having won it 28 times? or 8 out of the last 10 years?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CONCACAF_Champions_League

My club alone has more than double the titles the entire MLS has. No gloating on my part, thats just what our teams have accomplished.

Outside of Concacaf we haven't done anything. 1 Sudamericana, but no Libertadores or CWCs. No one is arguing about how we are the greatest teams on the planet. But in Concacaf we reign.

8. MexiKampeon

MexiKampeon Member+

Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Ass.. meet Culo

As the other dude stated... there is very little information about Liga MX out there other than what a sports management consultancy firm recently revealed... it takes about $350MM in cash flow per year to operate a smaller Liga MX teams (I previously provided a link but I incorrectly stated those numbers in dollars... $29MM USD at 12.12 Pesos per USD)... the other piece of information we know is that Atlas was valued at $80MM USD... assuming a fair market value of 10 times EBITDA.. it would imply that Atlas generates ($37MM in Revenue i.e., $8MM USD EBITDA)... similarly Chivas was valued at $200MM USD which we might extrapolate in the following way...

Chivas Operating Costs 2 times Atlas Operating Costs?... $60MM USD per Year... $20MM USD EBITDA... about $80MM USD revenue per year.

sidspaceman repped this.
  9. MexiKampeon

MexiKampeon Member+

Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Or another way to put it... in the region with the weakest Pro Leagues (outside of Oceania which doesn't exist)... Liga MX is the only reasonably professional league.

10. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I don't know the leagues in Africa seem pretty weak, as well as most of Asia. Lack of infrastructure, money, facilities, etc. come to mind. Though I am not familiar with their leagues.

11. MexiKampeon

MexiKampeon Member+

Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    True... but we have yet to establish differences in the CWC... and you know us Mexicans... we don't like to bask in conjecture like our spazzy frenemies... until we can prove it on the field we cannot assume we are superior to the best African & Asian leagues.

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  12. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the fuck, you do know that dude was talking about 400 mullion per year of USA TV money. Not total operating revenue.

Why don't you back to claiming the "imminent" collapse of the USA economy or something.

BTW Footsat

http://eleconomista.com.mx/fc-negocios/2013/04/09/televisa-azteca-sus-derechos-liga-mx-peligran

Chivas and probably America (hard to tell since they belong to Televisa) command about 40 million (that could be Mexico only so maybe another 40 in the USA).

The article also claims Monterrey may get 10 million (again assuming this is only Mexico rights, so add at least another 10 in the USA).

I can not find the article, but the top 2 probably get around 50-80 mil in over all "TV money (both USA and Mexico), other bigger ones get around 25, the lesser teams, probably get 10-12 tops.

Edit: You may need google translate.

http://mmdeportes.telediario.mx/note/cambiaria-rayados-de-televisora#.UWWcFDepJa8

Now just take note that when the Mexican media uses words with "ria" at the end, like Cambiaria, iria, venderia, habria, it usually means they are guessing.

So the scary part for MLS and all other Concacaf, is that Mexico teams would be looking for a nice increase in TV revenue, both in Mexico and the USA.

So the gap may actually get bigger.

13. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    who knows if it's true.

14. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You know who knew all these figures and what each club spent? RDL.

16. MexiKampeon

MexiKampeon Member+

Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Oh fak.. RDL is like the Once-ler of BSMX.. you have to go eat at his taco truck in Philly for any chance to get answers from him these days.

17. Club Leon

Club Leon Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Calm down baldy, if I was being sincere about those figures I would have provided a source. Anyways Liga MX makes more money than MLS in the states and that's all I care for.

18. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't believe I am watching another one of these. Go MLS...sigh. It's kind of like going up into the mountains looking for Bigfoot. It would be great to see LA pull this off, but I have feeling it ain't gonna happen.

19. manuel84

manuel84 Member+

Oct 16, 2012
    Tatatatamaulipas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    monterrey esta cascareando con el galaxy...sadly...

20. Gerardo Silva

Gerardo Silva Member+

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    True... But I Can't believe that Monterrey players can't put a ********ing ball in the head of one of the forwards... .__.

21. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    damn it should be 3-0 now.

DGreat and Overachiever repped this.
  22. manuel84

manuel84 Member+

Oct 16, 2012
    Tatatatamaulipas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    i think is time for Tecatito and Madrigal.

Overachiever repped this.
  23. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Cardozo tiene que irse de una vez, nada más desperdiciando una plaza de extranjero.

PD: Y Ayoví también... ya su ciclo acabó

24. manuel84

manuel84 Member+

Oct 16, 2012
    Tatatatamaulipas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Galaxy is dead, they're done. Monterrey looks like an ordinary day in El Barrial, a trainning.

25. Gerardo Silva

Gerardo Silva Member+

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree! It's time to refresh the atack