PBP: 11th Fixture: Chelsea FC v. Stoke City FC

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You see the last 10 months?

Bruckner283 repped this.
  2. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Credit to the announcers on NBC today when Matic got absolutely hammered by Charlie Adam's leading elbow during a 50/50 header.

1. Adam is a dirty player. I can say that because in my day, I was a dirty player. I know what dirty looks like. He's got talent, yes (or, had), but he's also physical. Which, I do like to see because the modern game is so devoid of actual physical contact.

2. The announcers mentioned - "What if Costa had done the same?" Adam escaped with barely a warning. Had Costa led with an elbow and he's crucified.

To be honest, it looked flagrant. A yellow, if not a red. And I'm not joking. I never talk about ref's here. I hate that excuse. But the ref today wasn't good.

Dtrip77 repped this.
  3. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    Game should of ended 1-1. Penalty should of been given, obstruction or careless tackle, whatever......

point is the penalty was not given, you cannot base the whole season on it or say it was the same case in each game. Chelsea need some changes. Buttons need to be pushed. Jose needs to make things happen. It is his fault not the players. He needs to play the right players or change strategy.

On the luck part, Last year, chelsea won lots of games by luck too, they scraped out some wins. Now a few games did not go their way.

Roman will not sit around and finish the season beyond 10th place. You do not spend so much money for this kind of results. As much as the fans love jose (probably why he's still their), NOBODY IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB, defiantly not Jose. If he cannot make this happen soon, he'll have to go.

4. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that is not accurate

Blueallthru repped this.
  5. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Perk up everyone.

[​IMG]

Dtrip77 repped this.
  6. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    We won't make top 6

7. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    10th would be nice. Avoid Europa and CL for a year.

8. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So what do you suggest? Sacking him? Chelsea's greatest ever manager, sacked because of one run of poor results. Ferguson was VERY nearly sacked after a few months and a run of very poor results at Manchester United, one injury time winning goal in the FA cup against the mighty Oxford United (I can still remember the game to this day) and the rest......is history. You can't just keep 'sacking' managers willy nilly every time a few bad results come around. So we are going to have a 'bad' season welcome to the reality of 98% of football clubs. Chelsea fans have been spoiled rotten over the last 20 years or so, I am old enough to remember when times were proper hard, I can remember sitting in Stamford Bridge watching Chelsea struggling to break down Grimsby Town a loss in form doesn't compare. If there was a better option than Jose perhaps replace him (anybody any suggestions?), if you really believe that Jose has somehow lost his 'mojo' for ever and you think that results won't get better then perhaps replace him, if you can think of anybody who would do the job with a real 'feel' for the club, moreso than Jose then perhaps replace him, but to just keep 'firing' all and sundry every 5 minutes as soon as things go wrong is not going to put any stability into this football club. Besides after what Jose Mourinho has done for this club he deserves to be given time.

Dtrip77, Wrath and Blueallthru repped this.
  9. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If you've read any of my posts then yes, that is exactly what I am suggesting.

And if you've been reading any of my posts the results are basically just the cherry on the top of every reason why I'm not a fan of Jose Mourinho as any kind of stable solution for us.

10. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sack him and replace him by whom though?

11. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Consider that many Chelsea fans these days have seen an average tenure at Chelsea of just over 13 months since June 2004, then the current tenure may feel....long enough.

12. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes indeed, keep going at this rate thoug and we will soon run out of 'viable' options! :)

13. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Given we're on our second go round with Jose, next up will be Avram Grant :D

14. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    In all honesty I genuinely believe that under Mourinho we will continue to improve and that we will again challenge (next season) for the title, am I being too optimistic!?

15. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I agree completely.

16. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i can see the validity in both arguments honestly, so it's been hard to wrap my head around what i think should be done. just trying to let it happen whatever it is.

17. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Who knows. Thought Scolari was a dumb idea, thought AVB was equally stupid, was furious when Carlo got fired and non plussed when we brought back Jose. But hey, I don't make the big boy decisions so its up to the powers that be to make the right call.

18. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think there is often a difference between who you want to manage the team and who you end up getting. Right now who is out there? David Moyes perhaps!?

19. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Brendan Rogers. :)

20. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    A shiver has just ran down my spine.

21. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    LOL, he actually did well imo. Gus or Pep at the start of next season the way it's going.

I agree that managers should get more time, getting sacked without time to fix the problem, I get it.

On the other hand,

Chelsea is thinking business, When these situations occur in big clubs, Usually changing the manager creates a surge and results.

22. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It does, it could be when some/all of the players have a problem with the manager that departs, this MAY be the case here too but ultimately you can't have the players calling the shots, this is very dangerous. Its because Brian Clough or Alex Ferguson DIDN'T allow this to happen that made them so successful over a period of years, this is perhaps Jose's next challenge? The manager HAS to be the man in control.

23. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    Your right, the manager has to be the one in control.

This happens to every manager regardless of great or crap. The only thing is that last year their was a lot of games that were considered chelsea getting a result when they were not the better team that day. Now it is going the other direction on those games. With this talent and payroll, 16th place is excessive.

Jose should have time to fix it. Every other person on tv agree (carlo, grant, etc) but I have a feeling Jose wants to be sacked now. Incase he can't fix it and the season ends with him in the bottom 5.