PBP: 11th Fixture: Chelsea FC v. Stoke City FC

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Nov 6, 2015.

1. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Realistically we created a half dozen good chances. Not bad at all, finishing is the major issue.

2. BenZaMan

BenZaMan Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What a terrible fraud of a manger Jose is. Glad we got rid of him before he destroyed our club like he has done for yours.

I don't think a team in any top league has declined this much in history and it's all thanks to Jose.

3. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Another ! international break with this hanging over our heads.....How Costa can be considered our first striker is beyond baffling. The position is very much up for grabs.

Dtrip77 repped this.
  4. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm not being funny but actually I've come away from this game feeling positive!!! Seriously I haven't seen a league game since Southampton, I was THAT disgusted with the teams performance that day that I avoided watching a league game again until today........I cant believe they lost this game, seriously Chelsea completely and utterly dominated this match, 19 times out of 20 dominate like that and you are going to get a result. In a funny way I think you are right, I actually believe this is where we have 'turned it around'. In a way a loss today doesn't really matter, forget the league, its gone, forget 4th place or Champions League next year, its gone, all we have to worry about now is 'growing' so that next year we can again push for the title, and finally I genuinely and finally saw potential once again today.

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  5. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What you think is totally irrelevant.

SoccerFan4182, adri and yasik19 repped this.
  6. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm not fussed over the performance at all. We played very well at times just our finishing was not their. The defending was solid for the most part and everyone put in a good performance. The results will come soon I am sure of it. Bad luck can only last so long. I don't think changing the manager will solve any issues short or long term. Eden looked great too without any end product to show for it but this was his best performance of the season for me IMO.

SoccerFan4182, Ninjatend0 and adri repped this.
  7. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Exactly.

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  8. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    And so they should.

Mourinho making an enemy of the ref association is going to hurt you guys for a bit longer.

Ninjatend0 and Blueallthru repped this.
  9. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No they shouldn't, there is too much of 'that sort of thing' that has crept into the English game in recent years already.

adri repped this.
  10. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    Mourinho has made it worse, but I think our issues with refs goes back to the Clattenberg racism incident.

Blueallthru and Crawleybus repped this.
  11. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Exactly what I think too!

12. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great, just what we need now:

13. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    bullshit he shouldnt have gone down. he has to go down. he's not going to get the call if he doesn't. refs should call it without him diving, but they won't.

14. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nothing new here, the press, opposing fans, authorities etc are all constantly looking for something to beat down the football club further, think about it there is a negative report about someone or something whether fans, players, Mourinho himself (of course) or the Dr, the kit man or god knows who else every single week after every single game, there has been for months now, Actually I would be quite shocked if ever we get through a weekend without somebody (the press in particular) trying to dig up something negative around the club. Chelsea are done & dusted 'also rans' for the season (just what they wanted) and yet STILL the club fills the 'back pages'

15. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    if you have to 'make yourself go down' then you haven't been fouled! I remember when the game in the UK was a proper 'mans game', Ron Chopper Harris must be laughing his head off watching some of the diving divas in the game now. Besides diving is embarrising.

BigEffingGooner repped this.
  16. eriol

eriol Member

Dec 15, 2005
    NOT Pacific Grove, CA anymore
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    first of all, you said 'make yourself go down' as though someone said that. but they didn't.

second, the quote was "he has to go down". you can be fouled and still keep your feet. but the ref probably won't call it. in today's game, you have to go down in the penalty box to get the call. it's reality.

but i agree, diving is embarrassing.

17. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That was a real shitshow.

18. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    This is really bleak

Im not exactly sure where we can go from here - 7 loses already this season, we are on course for 15+ this season.

19. Sian

Sian Member

Dec 4, 2011
    On Diego Costa, he's not exactly making it difficult for others to make bad stories about him stick, with his attitude on the field, constantly scapping with just about everything within reach of any of his extremities

20. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lets be clear though, there is a difference between going down to make the referee aware that your advantage has been taken away and diving. At least in my opinion. Semantics maybe, but important. Especially in a league that is trying to fight diving creeping in. Staying on your feet is admirable but if we are truly going to fight diving then fouls have to be called when a foul has been committed even when a player doesn't go down. Not an excuse for today's loss or anything, just a general statement.

eriol, glennaldo_sf and Blueallthru repped this.
  21. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ding ding ding.

22. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/this-is-why-soccer-players-dive

Blueallthru repped this.
  23. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bad luck...

Like what are some of you smoking and can I get some please?

Our issues on the whole were clear as day for much of last season. It carried thru the summer and got worse going into the season. That wasn't "luck" that made us look vulnerable, it was as simple as us not being that good. This isn't "luck." Bad luck is getting robbed of 5 PKs and Iniesta scoring a scorcher in the dying embers of a Champion's League semi final. That's bad luck. Bad luck would be for some unknown god forsaken reason you go to Chipotle and they're out of guac or you take a trip to six flags and kingda ka is closed for maintenance. Bad luck isn't sucking on an extremely consistent basis. Literally from January moving forward we've gotten progressively worse yet you want to attribute it to "luck."

24. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Did you see the game? Seriously couldn't you see the difference in performance between this game and the Southampton one? Dominate the game the way Chelsea did and you will get a result 19 times out of 20, Chelsea don't deserve to be anywhere else other than where they are in the league however if they play this way from now on in and they will soon be moving upwards. The league is over, even 4th place is over, lets take this opportunity to experiment and blood new talent, pressure off. Who knows if we can keep the improvements we may even do well in the FA Cup. Forget Champions League for a couple of years lets concentrate on a sustained title challenge next year, we now have space and time, lets put it to good use.

25. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    1. Jose does take chances with young guys he really loves. Varane, Zouma. But more often than not, well, he doesn't. Chelsea have probably the best youth academy in the country, one we have poured tons of money into. What have we to show for it? Vitesse.
    2. The pressure is most certainly not off.