11/9: McKennie, Steffen, & Morales - Schalke v. Fortuna

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by ArsenalMetro, Nov 9, 2019.

1. yabo

yabo Member+

Jun 1, 2000
    Poolesville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about Morales? Didn't catch any of the game - grocery shopping.

2. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly didn't notice him that often. In fact, there was a moment in which he fouled a Schalke player in the middle of the game (and middle of the field), and I realized that I hadn't realized he was on the field. Is that a good or bad thing ... I don't really know.

yabo repped this.
  3. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    That’s ok The USMNT did as well. Can’t help but think how much better will trap would make this fortuna team.
    McK At Cb is a very bad sign. He is a rubbish CB and the fact that he was moved directly to defense rather than any other mid means Wags thinks he’s a semi rubbish mid as well.
    I hate that US players are always moved back on the pitch but that’s the reality of learning football in the US : we don’t know how to creatively pass or attack or find space. If Sargent ends up as dmid I would probably be happy though: he is a kid who can absolutely ball and he’s wasted as striker in the US System of a Down.

fortuna striker absolutely killing it this year.

4. Sufjan Guzan

Sufjan Guzan Member+

Feb 13, 2016
    I think it's a good thing given that he's usually more of a d-mid.

Morales just puts in solid shifts, wins the ball, and does nothing really spectacular. He's never going to look like the worst player on the pitch, but he's probably never going to look like the best one either.

jnielsen repped this.
  5. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if Steffen is playing today why isn’t he for the US?

jnielsen repped this.
  6. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States