PBP: 11/27: Pulisic (start) - Valencia v. Chelsea, Champions League MD 5

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by ArsenalMetro, Nov 27, 2019.

1. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    "90+6min: Valencia have missed yet ANOTHER sitter. This must be their fifth of the game! A low ball across goal is begging to be tapped home but Rodrigo terribly puts the ball wide at the back post."

2. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    That Wondo goal helps. A couple times he left 4 defenders standing still...but couldn't quite get the shot or pass to work.

I really enjoy watching his game. He demands the ball all game. He sits in difficult positions top of the box just between the midfield.

He is a brave player on the biggest stage. You literally cannot praise anyone more than that in my opinion.

3. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    [​IMG]

ArsenalMetro, smokarz and ChrisSSBB repped this.
  4. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    [​IMG]

KenC, Winoman and smokarz repped this.
  5. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  6. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't see the start of the second half. Why did he put Bats on?

7. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Injury to Abraham

ArsenalMetro repped this.
  8. oscar_in_fw

oscar_in_fw Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've heard a couple of "complaints" (?) that Pulisic is not receiving the kind of service he should be expecting from the runs he is making. If so, would it be based on other players resenting his attitude on the field, inability of other players to see his runs/placement and/or he is not actually positioning himself in dangerous-enough positions to warrant a pass ?

9. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    IMO, it's a combination of those 2. I don't think players completely trust him yet. And the chemistry/understanding is not fully developed. Remember, they still have been playing together for only a few months now.

There was a play where Kovacic completely ignored a wide open CP on his left while being surrounded by 3/4 defenders. Willian ignored CP at least a few times, where a simple pass to lead CP would him on a direct run at the defense and into the box.

10. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fan cam -

Bajoro, smokarz and orcrist repped this.
  11. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that in the first half but in the second there seemed to be less of it. It was pretty obvious a couple of times with Kovacevic and Willian though and CP seemed to get frustrated.

I love how a Lumpy is giving him the whole 90 lately. CP has really learned how to keep the ball better in traffic and tight spaces. He also seems to have mastered the art of getting off the pass at the very last instant before the challenge comes in.

12. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn’t get a ton of love there from his teammates. What was it three guys who ran over to him?

13. oscar_in_fw

oscar_in_fw Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was initially called offside so it's understandable that most would be wary of a Valencia counterattack in the aftermath.

ttrevett, Bajoro, orcrist and 2 others repped this.
  14. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    That's correct. You see players running toward him and then stop when they saw the flag went up.

ttrevett, orcrist and Winoman repped this.
  15. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, and the *entire* team except for Kepa went to celebrate with him once VAR overturned the offside decision.

ttrevett and Winoman repped this.