Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Belgian guy, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I still have some minor reservations about James Franco as the lead in this, but I very much enjoyed the pilot.

I loved how they used the Sports Almanac idea from "Back to the Future" for his source of income in the past. :)

I did have one minor quibble about the nature of the portal and how it matches the narrative. If it is true that the time line is reset whenever someone goes through it, what stopped Al from killing Oswald even without being sure of the fact that he is indeed the right guy? If he is wrong about Oswald, he just goes back through the portal and all of what he did is undone. Is he just squeamish about the act of killing itself? Is he lying to Jake? I guess this might eventually be explained later on in the story.

2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    No one else giving this a try?

I thought episode three was a bit all over the place narratively, but still enjoyable.

Sarah Gadon in 1960s attire: yowsa.

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    This has been really enjoyable so far.

A lot of moving parts but they have managed to juggle it all so far.

4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I understand why they made that choice creatively, but it didn't make much sense for Jake to come to Sadie's rescue and not bring a gun along. He knew he was walking into a trap.

5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    The pacing in these last few episodes has been weird.

Probably because they have a lot left to do and the season is almost over.

6. Gilma1990

Gilma1990 Member+

Jul 30, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I studied History at university so I am very interested in watching this, but I don't have Hulu. I already have Netflix and I'm not sure if it's worth it to get Hulu for just one TV show. I really do want to see it though.

7. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Just started watching this. I've always been fascinated by the Kennedy assassination. So I love the premise of the show.

Really enjoying it so far.

8. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    So the final episode was odd, in that it barely focused on the resolution of the Lee Harvey Oswald story line.
    Rather it focused on Jake and Sadie. Which was nice, but in a way also unexpected.
    I am enough of a sap to have enjoyed that final scene.