11/17 Update -- 100+ in La Norte

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Sachin, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    With just about three weeks to go before kickoff, we're please to announce that La Norte will be packed with more than 100 USA fanatics.

Luckily, there still is room. If you need tickets, or want to add more people to your group, please E-mail me. The E-mail link is below my signature.

If I get enough people, the USSF and DC United will release another section to us.

If you've already been in touch with me, I have your ticket reservation.

Walk-up tickets won't be available so get them now.

Sachin

2. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Drums in attendance? A trumpet?

SOund off, bhoyoz...

3. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    LA NORTE = NORTHSIDE welcomes all persons and their imaginations.

For DC United games, we tend to not allow nothing but bass drums. Any one else playing a different type of drum have been asked to stop and only sing along. The reason for this is simply because we want our voices to be heard. The bass drum is used only to keep us in beat (for the rythem impaired, such as myself). Different drums being played at the same time tends to kill the songs we sing.

Our focus is for our voices to be heard.

NEW YORK PEOPLE, BRING THAT NEW PHAT BASS DRUM !!! TALK ABOUT A MONSTER BOOM!!!

4. cossack

cossack Member

Loons
    United States
    Mar 5, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You gonna keep the club sh!t at home this time? Or shall I wear Metro in your section.

5. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'll bite. What the hell does this "13" mean. Hopefully nothing like the "88" the wankers were spouting off last year.

6. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    Can't speak for others, but I'll be in 120 with my US '98 red jersey on. I'm happy to put my DCU gear away for a day to support the Nats, and in the interest of presenting a unified front to all of the Salvadoran fans, I'd suggest everyone else leaves their club gear at home, too.

This isn't Europe - anyone who puts club before country, no matter what their club is, should probably stay out of 120 on the 17th, when it's all about the US of A. I don't think there were any problems at the Uruguay match, and that was a doubleheader, so I'm not expecting any problems this time around, either.

7. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's in the works. Think American History and what that number means.

The new millenium and US Soccer...

Brought to you by...

Ed, no there wasn't any trouble, cuz people didn't eff around and remained focused. That's all ya need to effing do.

We all know that DC and Metro don't like each other. We knew that in Korea, we know it here Stateside. Don't mean we can't sing out for the USA in the same section, like we did in the Far East.

When people start talking sh!t RE: MLS clubs, that's when it falls apart. I don't give a rat's k unt how drunk you are or how many bong hits you took or how much you're rolling on E on the way to the game.

KEEP THE CLUB SH!T ON LOCK DOWN

Before and fter the final whistle, back to normal. Not during the game.

8. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    I'll right - I'll throw this out there:

A new Big-A$$ First Edition US flag - the one with the 13 stars in a circle? That would be truly righteous, and would fit in nicely with the Revolutionary-war style Big-A$$ "Dont Tread On Me" Rattlerzilla.

(By the way, I spent way too much time deciding whether to add an apostrophe to the "Dont," but finally figured if the founding fathers didn't need no stinking apostrophe, neither did we.)

9. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Kirwan is working on something. At least he said so.

Cossack, well, he's the de facto leader of this ragtag bunch, due to his monstrous trading card collection he picked up in Korea outside the hotels.

13 1/2, if you're counting the Loosyana Purchase

Kidding.

10. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    Agreed - although I'd go a step further and say it would be best to lock down the club sh!t the whole day - gotta set the right mood from the start, with a proper tailgate, and after we whomp up on El Salvador, we'll need to watch each others' backs.

Don't like your club, but I've got respect for you guys as supporters, and getting together to back the US might help keep things from getting too out of hand during the mls season.

Last point: if anyone does get out of line, give his (or her, I suppose) friends a chance to straighten things out before taking matters into your own hands. Security at RFK has been pretty rough on supporters groups lately, and we don't want to draw any extra attention to ourselves.

11. cossack

cossack Member

Loons
    United States
    Mar 5, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kidding on both counts, right Flip?

Fact is, this will be a "kick-off" for new stuff we want to try out after seeing the many schisms in action in Korea. I wish we had that first night on tape...what was it the Nashville bar?

12. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How the hell would we remember? We were there for a hot second, saw Ethan Zohn with his monstrous mop on top of his noggin (looked like him anyways) and went to the Town Square (lack of a better term) and saw Korea destroy Poland, like the Mongols did 800 years before.

Poland!
    You're attacked from the East!
    Poland!
    You're attacked from the West!
    Poland!
    You are Europe's crossroads!
    Even Mongols took ya!

That gem is courtesy of the one and only Cossack.

Where did the genetic code end up? In her hair at Daejon? Blech...

13. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Thanks Metro.

I also agree that club stuff should be left at the door. We're all USA fans here. Bring your club scarf drinking, but but wear your USA stuff to the game!

Go U.S.

14. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One final thing before I leave the office today.

I'll give those Seattle fans in Korea mad props.

They don't even have an MLS team, just an A-League franchise and we met some cool a$$ peeps, y'all know who you is. They were just as loud as us NYCers and down for the cause. (DragonFly, and Arsenal's Biggest Korean-American fan, Ar-Sung Wenger, and people we merely addressed as YO SEATTLE!!!)

Bless ya, you crazy mad-fer-it f***s...

Out.

Fellini's 13 1/2

15. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    I thought you weren't coming. The only reason why we had the DC stuff for the Uruguay match was because of the double header.

Sachin

16. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    By the way, we're up to 125 people now.

Keep the orders comin' in.

Sachin

17. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    What's the capacity of 120? Have we started to spread into a second section yet?

18. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Not yet. We're actually not likely to as DC typically keeps a buffer around La Norte because fans that have sat too close to us complain about the noise, our standing and confetti. :rolleyes:

We're eating into that buffer for now. I'm not exactly sure what the capacity of 120 is.

Sachin

19. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we keep bringing in more and more people, it sounds like D.C. will have to open up another section won't they?

20. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Sections are large. If it is 20 seats wide, then 125 folks is only 6 rows deep. If the section is 15 seats wide, then you're still only 8 rows deep. Those sections, I believe are somewhere in the 20-25 row range.

21. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    IIRC, 120 is more like a ten-row section - one of the smaller sections at RFK. If I had to guess, I'd say it's 10 rows by 20 seats. Hopefully we'll fill it completely - with more than two weeks left to sell more tickets, I'd say we're well on our way.

22. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    I'd have given that one Seattle fan a little more than props if Ed and Limey hadn't kok blocked...

23. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I remember you tellin me dat.

You heard about Jam Master Jay, right bro?

Fackin' 'Ell, bro.

24. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    Sachin, Do you want smoke bombs or not?

25. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    :(

If you haven't read it (and Flip, I know you have), Congorilla tribute on the Metros board says it all.

==========
    As for the smoke bombs, it's simple. I don't want to see them, and I don't want security to see them. Now what I don't see, I don't know about. And the USSF can't call me on it.

Sachin