PBP: 10th Fixture: Liverpool v. Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Oct 30, 2015.

?

Are we going to win?

Poll closed Nov 1, 2015.
  1. Yes

23.1%
  2. No

53.8%
  3. Draw

23.1%
  1. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Obviously from my posts you can see I do not want Jose sacked.

But, if Jose was sacked two weeks ago and we appointed Klopp, I think we would be getting better calls. The media wants Klopp to succeed and Jose to fail. That is clear.

2. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Jose is an juvenile douchebag. Klopp is not. Its not hard to see why the media are against him and pro Klopp (and you cant forget a vast number of pundits are Liverpool explayers, fans, etc). Jose has brought his own media problems upon himself.

#joseout

3. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Hazard couldnt give a f***

4. WorldsEnd

WorldsEnd Red Card

Aug 29, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    All managers are somewhat juvenile. The game of football is juvenile. Supporting football is juvenile. And so on.

Are you sure you are not a scouser in disguise? I mean if you'd rather be a Liverscum supporter go for it. I was born into supporting this team called Chelsea. I shall always support Chelsea. Regardless of everything, but you can change your allegiance any time that you want. Arsenal? Sperz? ManU? Citeh? Scousers? Support any team you fancy. But if I were you I would not allow the media to inform your choices too much. The media are a bunch of scumbags looking to make money out of news. Try. . . hash tag fcuckthemedia #fcuckthemedia

Time for the fans and everyone to knuckle down and stick together.

5. limpidrock

limpidrock Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Remember not so long ago, most people here (including myself) were so against Willian and Ramires being in the first team? Jose saw something that we didn't, and they are now among our best performers. So perhaps we should cut him some slack with regard to Farbregas and Falcao and not playing the youngsters more.

That said, I think the board will only give Jose a few more games to turn it around. And then the next question would be, who next? Maybe Ranieri in the summer? He's not a bad squad builder. Remember? Jose inherited Terry, Lamps, Cech, Robben, Gallas and even Makelele from him.

6. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hazard checked out when Mourinho attacked Cameiro for tending to his injuries...
    not a surprise..

7. xamers

xamers Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    You've got to be kidding me, Chelsea.

1-1 at half. I'm watching it on DVR. o_O

8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, to be clear, I don't think anyone's saying they're not accountable. I think all we're saying is that, as they're NOT performing, maybe time to try something different?

Y'know, swap it around a bit.

9. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'l be honest, I'd forgotten we'd got that fella :D

Edit: Of course, that might also be a matter of the statins I'm on, so... :(

10. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How quickly are we forgetting the first 5 or so games of the season where most people on this board were calling for Willian's head? Sticking to the guy you've been starting non stop for two years is hardly worthy of any applause.

11. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So because he's been poor in the past means we can't applaud him for being good now?

12. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Praising Jose for sticking with one of his favorites is a non-sequitur in regard to any argument for keeping him around... nowhere did I say not to praise Willian.

13. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thought you were saying he can't praise Willian. Nevermind.

14. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nah lol... Willian has been a bright spot. Pretty sure I even said last match thread something about the irony that when we're at our worst one of my least favorite aspects of our team has stepped it up.

15. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
  16. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This is quite fascinating if true in the slightest. Never heard of this site before.

17. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Link won't work for me on mobile.

Cliffs?

18. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just read a bullshit article with no sources. If Fab was the leader of the "mini_revolt" he wouldnt be playing as much as he is.

19. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    THATS WHY ITS THE SECRET FOOTBALLER

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  20. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Could you share any further insight on Jose Mourinho? Is he truly finished and is it just a matter of time before he’s sacked?

My inside knowledge goes only so far. I don’t know if Chelsea will sack Mourinho, only the board knows that.

In fact, at this moment, only owner Roman Abramovich knows that.

So I can only give you my thoughts – in a series of questions and answers – as somebody who has seen this situation before.

What started all this?

Hanging pyhsio Jon Fearn and club doctor Eva Carneiro out to dry in public.

Managers pick on staff and players all the time in order to make a wider point to the squad and remind them who is in charge.

But in this case, Mourinho could not have got it more wrong.

Fearn and Carniero are loved at Chelsea. They are friends of the players because they interact with them on a daily basis and have no agenda other than their well-being. They are neutral territory.

You know how much the kitman is loved at Chelsea, don’t you? The players love him and the fans love him when he appears on “Soccer AM”. This is like that.

Fearn and Carniero are totally respected by the playing staff and Mourinho has made a massive mistake in trying to make his point at the expense of two members of staff who were just doing their job and are seen as an easy touch.

Why did Mourinho need to make a point? His team are champions, after all.

Managers make a point to their squads all the time, usually in the form of a sacrifice from the playing squad.

A successful team usually rests on its laurels unless it is made clear by the man in charge that they are dispensable at any moment.

If this was Sir Alex Ferguson, he may well have sacrificed a squad player for the sake of it.

Who knows? If Mourinho had landed Everton centre back John Stones – and he must have thought that he had – maybe that sacrifice would have been John Terry warming the bench for the rest of the season.

Mourinho has tried to follow that through but suspensions and loss of form has meant that he’s needed to play Terry.

So that particular sacrifice looks half-arsed now. It undermines him in the minds of the players.

Is that it?

Since that moment, Mourinho’s ego has been hurt and has demanded that he reinstate the prescene that he had before.

His ego is why he didn’t apologise, when he most certainly should have.

What has happened since has been the total and utter abandonment of Mourinho and his philosophy by the players.

Mourinho is bang to rights and the players know it, so they are now trying to make their point on the pitch.

I have it on the best authority possible that the players have told the manager that they hate the way they play.

They hate the way they have to sit back against inferior opposition; they hate the way they aren’t allowed to express themselves.

I’m told that Cesc Fabregas is the leader of that mini-revolt. And as a player, you do things like this when you know you are in the right.

You try your luck. Why not?

It’s your way of saying to the manager: “You can either listen to us, and give the go ahead to change and give us what we want, or we’ll keep serving you up the same old shit and embarrass you.”

Is there anything else that we should take into account before we wave goodbye to Jose?

There certainly is. For starters, Chelsea have the best manager in the world; nobody in the game disputes that.

And despite this crisis, Abramovich would be loath to lose him because Mourinho will simply walk into one of the world’s top jobs with a Russian cheque in his pocket.

I know Abramovich has all the money in the world but he has made a point of trying to cooperate with Financial Fair Play (FFP) in recent years and the spendthrift days of his early tenure have waned.

The compensation fee that Chelsea would have to pay Mourinho is rumoured to be £30-£40 million, possibly tipping them over the FFP limit.

What is likely to happen?

If you want my honest opinion, I think that you haven’t seen Mourinho at even a tenth of his anger.

He is hurting from the fact that the players who he put together are revolting too publicly.

If he has that Ferguson streak in him, and if Abramovich allows, I think you will see the most ruthless culling of Chelsea’s squad in at least five years, with fresh talent coming in.

I think that the Chelsea board have written off this campaign and have accepted that they will start again next season.

As long as Mourinho qualifies Chelsea for the Champions League, I believe that he will keep his job and that next season will be very different.

Read more at http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/...-mourinho-wont-back-down/#gVOiIfu0lg3blQWD.99

Blueallthru repped this.
  21. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If if if if if....

22. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Its a Guardian website if I recall. Makes it more reliable/better written than say Goal.com but it isnt The Beeb either.

23. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I have been of the opinion that there is a massive stink that we are not up to speed about but I'll assume that stuffs a crock of shit until we get actual quotes from meaningful people.

24. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Somone posted this on twitter and I thought it was SPOT ON:

Dtrip77, 352klr and Ninjatend0 repped this.
  25. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    In strictly footballing terms yes, I agree 100%. But in terms of jose's favoritism, the way he runs his starting 11 into the ground, the absolutely abysmal PR and climate he brings to the club then that all becomes way more complicated for me. Its not just a star or two underperforming, we're looking at a totally dejected group of guys.

This isn't a typical dip in form where its like alright boys lets turn this around. Its an absolute loss in belief in what they're doing and under Jose I don't see them recovering that especially considering how badly he has lost his cool.