Pre-match: 10a - Napoli vs Atalanta 2019/20

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by PrimeDona, Oct 30, 2019.

?

How many pts will Napoli finish on this season?

1. 65

33.3%
  2. 70

16.7%
  3. 75

16.7%
  4. 80+

33.3%
  1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I meant as left-backs. Di Lorenzo is decent on the right

2. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It's frustrating because it just seems they are missing that killer instinct that's needed to win any major cup or league title.

But reality is what it is. They cannot compete consistently anymore with all the injuries. Why the midfield was left with only Elmas as a useful backup is beyond my level of understanding.

3. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    THIAGO MOTTA

4. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm still confident in a top 3 spot. The team needs to come together now. Allan's injury isn't serious apparently a knee sprain. He probably won't play against Roma and they probably won't risk him against Red Star either but he should be back for the game against Genoa.

5. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    K2 is at fault for the tie. Look at the replay. He was occupying the space where Ilicic ran into, but chose to step up and leave the space for an easy pass and goal. Maksim was on the other side trying to run over and cover, and all he could do was try to play him offside. Thing is, K2 ran into space where all 3 Atalanta players were already covered by Fabian, Zielinski, and Luperto. If he just stays where he was, there's nowhere to pass to.

Euphorius Thor, CarecaNapoli and Sacki repped this.
  6. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    K2 has been horrific for most of the season, it’s saddening. He needs to regain his form or we are going back to the Europa league

7. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    K2 seems to lack positioning and awareness. He's been a big part of the defensive lapses, which has led to points lost.

8. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Di Lorenzo on the right is great. On the left he is poor.

Bedelcigil repped this.
  9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am talking to all my friends and none of them is even willing to finish on a top 4 finish.

Let's hope you are right but we need to start winning games.

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You forgot defense. That is a mess too.

11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He had the same problem under Benitez. Koulibaly is only great when you give him a clear system.

12. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #112 PrimeDona, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Liverpool and Milan away coming up in the next 3 weeks. Things are going to get real bad.

13. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  14. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He’s going to be the next Sarri, plays possession tiki taka football

15. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I think K2's lack of form is down to Ancelotti's style of defending and the fact that it doesn't suit K2 at all, one thing I've noticed this season is we barely (actually almost never) play the opponent offside.
    Under Sarri we did this so often and well at it. IMO K2 thrives when we play a high line because he can get out and run against the forwards, right now he just looks like a headless chicken being outplayed tactically by almost every team, they know he has a tendency to play further up.

I bet if he went to City or Liverpool he would be an immediate success. This is what I believe to be the case and that's why Ancelotti isn't my cup of tea - I would rather see him leave than K2.

I think there are two categories of defenders: those that sit deep and stay disciplined and then there are those who can play a high line because they are fast and great in duels. Often the ladder of defenders cost more if you wanna buy them.

I don't think any of Inter's defenders are better than K2 but I have a feeling they'd do better than K2 if they played for us under Ancelotti.

16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fully agree.

I get frustrated when people put it down to Albiol. It has nothing to do with it. Under Benitez Koulibaly played next to Albiol and he was very poor.

17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree. The reason some of us were harsh is we thought that from the start of 2019 we have been like this.

That said the season is not over. We have to finish top 4.

That is what annoyed me about Koulibaly and Insigne. They talk big. It’s pointless when you don’t deliver.

What worries me is the mood in Naples. It is like after Inter Juve when we played Fiorentina and lost in the hotel.

We needed a fresh start after Sarri left but we kept the same players.

Ancelotti takes a big portion of the blame but a lot of it is also due to players’ mentality and these guys just don’t have it.

I disagree. We need to finish top 4 or ADL will sell our stars and buy no one.

I agree. But I saw this earlier. You can put it down to impatience. Even now there are still fans who believe we will turn this or if we don’t it’s because they are cheating us

I agree. We can complain and be angry. Other teams have seen injustices too and we had luck this season too.

18. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I’m so disappointed with Lozano this season, I thought he was going to get 20-25 goals at best and at worst be a major annoyance for defenders. He’s worse than Bernadeschi atm

19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am very disappointed too. My brain told me this would happen. But I was hoping we would compete.

We just have to finish top 4. Nothing else matters.

20. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just realized we play early tomorrow. Not even 72 hours rest, the players will be exhausted. More dropped points incoming

21. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Roma has the same problem and more injuries.

We rotate, it should help.

22. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I’m not confident when Allan isn’t playing especially when K2 is in bad form

23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am not confident all year. Some of our best games (like away to Lazio) were without K2 and Allan.

I think both are poor under Ancelotti's system and I don't mind their absence.

24. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Away to Lazio? I remember that being a tight game and Koulibaly&Allan both played

25. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Home