100 million dead under communism...so lefties, you think GITMO is bad?

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Karl K, Jun 12, 2007.

1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    What kind of odds are we talking about? :)

2. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    I'm not taking bets, but I'll handicap the contest: the odds of not finding 3 BS libs to defend Castro within 24 hours: 1000-1

The odds of starting an Ann Coulter thread in the poli forum and not getting 5 pages of denunciations: 10,000-1

I can even predict the gist of the Castro defenders' posts: Cuba=free health care, blah blah blah, Batista = currupt tyrant, blah blah blah, economic woes = US embargo, blah blah blah, Cuba = social justice for the masses, blah blah blah, the Shah, Pinochet = bad USA, blah blah blah.

3. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    I lived in Miami, I heard the stories first hand. Even Castro's own daughter and sister fled and speak out against him. Even they say life was better before Castro. They say the US embargo is NOT the reason Cuba is poor. Hell there are even members of Castro's government who've fled, this one guy (I forget his name) was in his cabinent and now does a radio show in Miami speaking out against Castro.

So you have people risking their lives to flee Castro, you have members of Castro's own family fleeing and speakng out against him, you have atheletes escape when in other Countries. it's all the U.S.'s fault. :rolleyes:

4. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Cuba Libre

Wasn't there a line about the old Cuba being 10% rich & 90% poor, while the new Cuba is 100% poor?

5. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    or neither option? The systematic bombing of civillian populations is clearly a no-go.

Anyway on the Polish point I agree. A country brutally turned over by the fascists before being turned over again by the communists.

Ironically of course the allies declared war over the integrity of polish borders only to abandon her people to round 2 of the slaughter house.