10/6: Low Hanging Fruit: FCD vs KC [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Oct 3, 2019.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Game: FC Dallas vs Sporting Kansas City
    Date: Sunday, October 6th
    Time: 3:00 pm [DFW] | 20:00 [Universal]
    Location: Toyota Stadium, Frisco, Texas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: PM Thunderstorms; H 89, L 60
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Opponent's Recent Form: D-L-L-L-L
    Live TV: KTXA-21 [DFW] | Fox Sports KC [Kansas City] | ESPN+ [USA] | DAZN [Cananda]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | 99.1 FM [Spanish]

Welp, this should be interesting. Can't say we deserve to make the playoffs, but neither does San Ho or Portlandia.

2. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't believe Gyasi, who hasn't even made the 18 in a while, is the second-highest paid player on the team. He's returning to Bulgaria at the end of the season, but that's a lot of money for a guy with one foot.

And then there's the debacle with shirt sponsor Advocare being labeled a pyramid scheme by the FTC.

But hey, we could make the playoffs. Even a loss would do the trick if San Jose manages to lose its sixth straight match on Sunday in Portland!

Pegasus repped this.
  3. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. 4-0 57th minute. Is KC that bad this year?

4. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Finished 6-0.

KC had nothing to play for but yeah, they've got issues.

Looks like Seattle for the 1st round of the playoffs. Woof.

5. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, at least it's Seattle and not the couch. And no chance of a home playoff match, so the FO is happy. And amazingly, we've got a West Coast game that starts mid-afternoon instead of 9PM Central (though if we make the Semifinals those are already scheduled for past-my-bedtime o'clock).

What is the deal with this team? In our last ten games we've scored: 5, 0, 3, 5, 3, 0, 0, 1, 0, and 6 goals. It's feast or famine. I'll take another stretch of 3 goals, 5 goals, and 3 goals again over the next three games. A lot of those goose-eggs are on the road, though, so I'm not expecting much.

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Will Luchi have the balls to keep Badji and Pax on the bench for the playoff game? Feel like our starting eleven on Sunday gives us the best shot at this crapshoot.

7. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure you've all seen it, but I found this to be an interesting stat line over at BigD.

8. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Badji sitting should be a no brainer. Pax I'd understand but maybe he's an ideal sub because of his hip. Hard to say the starters this weekend don't deserve to the chance to start the playoffs.

9. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    #9 Hitman, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    By all reports, Pax's hip issue isn't a problem during a game, it's the next day he pays for it. Luchi took a big risk Sunday by sitting him and it paid off. Credit to him.

I'm burnt on the hype on F/S/A midfield trio. Go check out who those games are against, specifically the wins. Get back to me if you're still impressed. Bonus: Is that math by whoever did it correct? 7 games = a possible 21 points. They collected 15 of the 21, which is 1.4ppg, not 2.14 - or am I the math idiot?

just to save you the trouble, I did it for you: The seven games featuring F/S/A in a CM trio those games are:
    @SKC - W
    RSL - T
    HOU - W
    CIN - W
    @SEA - T (pax starts a RM)
    NYC - T
    SKC - W

So, you can tell me if this is impressive for F/S/A or more about the level of opponent. Just to be fair the other games in this mix (all happened after the 7/20 SKC win) that didn't feature a F/S/A start. In these games

ORL - L
    MIN - W
    LAG - L
    MTL - T
    CHI - L
    COL - L

Of note in this run: Servania did not start/play in five of six of these games. The only one he started was the ORL loss, in which Acosta was suspended and Hayes started.

As I've said for some time, Brandon Servania has been this teams PotY and is the key element to success. He's not a singular talent, he needs support, but he needs to start.

10. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree about Servania and if Pax was healthy that would be a great pairing. I'd go for it by moving ferreira into Mosquera's spot since it will be three months until he has another good game and then Pax into Ferreira's spot. Pomykal-Servania-Acosta midfield with Ferreira-Pax switching between left mid and left center. If we lose I'd rather lose with the kids who will improve with the experience than with Mosquera or Badji who may not be here next year and are what they are.

BTW, Peter would you discuss with Luchi how Dave Dir used the four-headed monster to great effect in the playoffs as the Burn? Bring in Pepi, Badji and Mosquera and leave in the Cobra while pulling whoever if behind and needing a prayer.

TxEx repped this.