PBP: 10/30 Pulisic: Chelsea vs ManU Cup Game

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by smokarz, Oct 30, 2019.

1. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    i get it, but the whole idea is that having great forwards is nice because they get one moment and convert.

glutton4Bolts and orcrist repped this.
  2. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just like the CP criticisms... If he goes a game w/o a goal or assist then he is struggling and needs to change up his game.

3. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    What forward is that? The difference between good and great forwards is not that great forwards don't miss, it's that they don't let their misses keep them from their makes.

4. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know. Wasn't meant as a dig :)

dougtee repped this.
  5. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    bats was anonymous most of the game and struggling to control passes or do anything in holdup play then all of a sudden a bit of space opens up and he creates something out of nothing and buries it

6. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    well, not a good outing by CP but hopefully he starts on the weekend.

7. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hazard was like that for Chelsea last year... he could have a quiet game and then hit the game winner near the 90 minute mark... that is why you don't sub out your best strikers. Bats is scoring in every appearance it seems.

orcrist repped this.
  8. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    They took Puli out so he's rested for the league.

glutton4Bolts repped this.
  9. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think he will. I wanted him to be on the bench for this one and play in the EPL as it is against a struggling opponent.

At any rate... Was it really not a good game for CP?... Was he poor?

10. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From your keyboard to Frank's ears.

11. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    he was neither

Gacm32 repped this.
  12. 60611

60611 Member+

Jan 23, 2007
    Chicago
    He put an inch perfect long looping through ball to CHO, whom struck it nicely but just over the bar. Strange that no one even mentioned it in this thread, perhaps because the announcer credited the ball to someone else.

CP didn't really see the ball much, but did fine is his few runs. If Chelsea wants more overall offensive production, they should seek him out more, a la Luiz in the preseason.

Gacm32 repped this.
  13. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    He got dispossessed a bit too much, mostly by their 3 Central-backs they had in the middle.

Also, he had 1 good chance at goal but whiffed wide...his shot is too tame/weak...More power would had straighten his shot...Would score more goal with a more powerful shot.

wixson7 repped this.
  14. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Nah, he got a couple of opportunities, but mostly didn’t have space to do much of anything. Which is basically the same of the other attackers on the pitch. It’s been a really poorly played match, and Utd have really good defenders.

Pulisic wasn’t world class, but he wasn’t bad either. He had some decent some not great moments. No signature moments either way, except perhaps at the very beginning when he skipped past several defenders on a run

15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    FWIW they're not doing any better without Puli around.

16. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I do think we want Chelsea to pull this out - more games for all that competition.

ChicagoVT repped this.
  17. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    I thought it was someone else who put Adoi on until the announcer gave CP credit.

18. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    It looks Lamp didn't care too much about this game....you could kinda tell from his body language. He rather focus on the CL and EPL.

19. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    Still wished they could had won this match just to add more matches into their schedule..and more chances for CP to play.

Chelsea has a large squad too with key players like Kante and Cheeks who could influence CP playing time.

20. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this result was down to tactics as none of the front three were terribly effective. Three against at times a back five is never going to work, unless your front three are M'bappe, Messi and Ronaldo.