09/14: So Long, Suburbia: Chicago vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Sep 12, 2019.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

Game: Chicago Fire vs FC Dallas
    Date: Saturday, September 14th
    Time: 2:30 pm [Local] | 19:30 [Universal]
    Location: SeatGeek Stadium, Bridgeview, Illinois, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Sunny; H 80, L 65
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Opponent's Recent Form: D-L-W-L-W
    Live TV: KUNV-23 (Univision) [DFW] | Univision [USA] | Univision Deportes [USA] | Twitter [USA] | DAZN [Cananda]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | 1270 AM [Spanish]

Another must-win game, especially with Seattle away looming. Chicago has only lost 2 at home this season, despite their so-so record. However, one of those losses (the other being Seattle) was against Cincinnati o_O.

This will (allegedly) be our final (and Chicago's 2nd to last) game at the Fire's SSS, now known as "SeatGeek Stadium." I never made it out to this one (I'm trying to see all of them in MLS) even though I was supposed to go to our classic match in 2006 there :)mad:). So I'll be flying out there at the butt-crack of dawn on Saturday and taking in our match as well as a Cubs game on Sunday.

Brimstone Cup is up for grabs and here's more info for you newbs: http://www.brimstonecup.com/

Pegasus repped this.
  2. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oy, that was ugly. Four goals and four posts. This was probably the easiest remaining away match. Does not bode well for the postseason.

But at least we played the kids? Roster was 8/18 homegrown...

3. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disaster. Fcuking disaster. Most important game of the year. and they put in a display like this. Disgrace.

4. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is it possible to be this wildly inconsistent?

5. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dumpster fire! I mentioned a couple of weeks ago being concerned about the defense. Pete mentioned missing Gruezo as a big reason, which is true, but not Saturday. That was pathetic. Outside of the first goal blunder, the rest were all scored by free men in the six yard box. Unacceptable.

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Everything leading up to the absolute clown moves by Jesse/our defense on the 1st goal had me believing that we were really up for this game. Nope. A dumpster fire of epic proportions and I'm so glad I woke up at 4:00 am to catch a plane to see it live in person. Woof.

Quaker repped this.
  7. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I blamed Hedges. Guess there's blame for both. How two guys who've plated together so much can have such a lack of understanding and communication is beyond me.

8. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have not seen a single second of this game, due to being overseas at the moment, and I expect that I do not want to see a single second of this game when I get back.

9. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's one of those games that they pull on you once they get your hopes up again. You'd think we'd all learn but I guess that's why we're fans. Because we're stupid.

10. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Pulling Servania out of the starting 11 was the move of a rookie pro coach.

11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree. Especially on the road. Pax and Jesus as twin 8/10's is not going to work and that is also the work of a rookie head coach.