09/10: Peachy: Atlanta vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone see a replay on the goal called back by VAR that showed the ATL guy was clearly offside? All I saw was an off-angle shot where it looked close, but not clear enough to overturn the call on the field.

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nope and if I was an Atlanta fan I would be pissed with VR for that but since it was to our benefit for once, I'll take it.

3. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Before the game, my girlfriend said, "Can we skip the FC Dallas game this week? It always puts you in a bad mood." I almost did, but instead found myself cursing at the TV while my dog cowered under the bed. Most of the time, I was laughing though. Laughing at how bad we are. Laughing when Diaz takes one too many touches and "magic" turns into recovery/transition for ATL. Laughing when Urruti presses everyone in the backline and then can't find himself in a dangerous position when we recover the ball. When Hollingshead steals Urruti's channel and punts the ball. When Gruezo is hamstrung by a yellow after 2 minutes, while he is tasked with containing a very dangerous Almiron.

But what made me lose my mind was how scared we were to concede ANY space for Atlanta. It meant that we were basically traffic cones reacting to minimize space, and Atlanta just carved us up.

With all the screaming and insane laughter, I'm pretty sure my girlfriend is going to leave me. And take my dog.

burning247 repped this.
  4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He looked off to me, but I'm not exactly the most unbiased observer.

5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny thing was that Almiron wasn't attacking Gruezo:

[​IMG]

Yup, that was Grana's side.

(h/t Big D Soccer)

6. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    To me, that looks like he was kept out of the center and pushed wide. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, that is an Argentine head coach who knows how to play against that Argentine right back.

ElJefe and TCS35 repped this.