09/10: Peachy: Atlanta vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Sep 7, 2017.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

Game: Atlanta United FC vs FC Dallas
    Date: Sunday, September 10th
    Time: 2:30 PM [CST]
    Location: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Clear; H 75, L 58
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Last 5 for Opponent: D-L-D-D-W
    Record & Standing of Opponent: 10-8-6 | 36 pts | 6th in the East (12th overall)
    Live TV: Fox Sports 1
    Radio: KWRD 100.7 FM [English]; KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

2. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everybody back but should they play?

3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When the team plays poorly these boards die, huh? I'm hoping they figured out the effort thing and can ruin Atlanta's new home debut. May be best time to go there as they aren't familiar with the turf yet either and the pressure could hurt them as much as help them in front of so many fans.

4. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm obviously not expecting anything after the stretch we've been on but it would be lovely to somehow get a win here. Ruin Atlanta's home opener (has anyone ever lost a game where they open a new stadium?) and get us out of this funk. Their fans will be ravenous though so the atmosphere will be tough.

Zimmerman will have a homecoming of sorts.

Back to full strength with Diaz pulling the strings for the first time in a while (especially if Diaz plays as well as he did the other night).

Should be fun.

5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully, they don't go to The Varsity for their pre-game meal.

GunnerJacket repped this.
  6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  7. Sportsfan783

Sportsfan783 Member

FC Dallas
    Oct 8, 2010
    Midland, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Typically these stadium opening games go in the home teams favor. This is a good primer for what playoffs will feel like and to see what you are made of. Let's hope the referee has the courage to call it evenly.

Speaking of referee, it is going to be Mark Geiger. I hope that name doesn't come up when it's all said and done.

8. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd love for that to be "Toyota Stadium East" but we'll see...

10. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I .... was thinking more on the lines of Mercedes Benz and their historical connections.

11. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nazi reference?

12. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? Who me? Perhaps more subtly.

There's also model names to pick from. I like the Geländewagen and think Geländestadion is funny but wordy.

13. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh rats, I looked up the meaning and it's not grand or something like I thought but off-road. Should have known Germans would be practical.

14. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Listening to this on SiriusXM.
    What a depressing team we have.
    Too many quitters on our side. There's no other excuse for the drop in creativity.

15. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a number of players who need a couple of matches off.

And to be honest, it's time to start putting some blame at Pareja's feet. We keep seeing the same garbage match after match (When was the last time that FCD was defending a lead instead of chasing one?) and yet, he keeps doing the same thing over and over and keeps expecting different results.

TxEx and TCS35 repped this.
  16. Sportsfan783

Sportsfan783 Member

FC Dallas
    Oct 8, 2010
    Midland, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #16 Sportsfan783, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    What happened to rotating the lineup?Where is Pomykal, Cannon, any other young guys? I just don't get why Cannon can't get a sniff at the lineup.

What happened to the defense and spine of this team? That whole back line needs a reality check.

Colman is never going to be worth his salary playing 10-15 minutes every other game on an island with hopeful long balls launched in his direction.

What happened to our new signing "Cariaco?" He made a sub appearance a few games back and has since disappeared.

This team won't do anything in the playoffs if they even make it.

TCS35 repped this.
  17. TheZo

TheZo Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    My son had his own match. Ugh. Now I don't even want to watch this one. Should I spare myself the heartbreak?

18. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only highlight of this one is the gift we got from VAR. Too bad we didn't take advantage of it, though after making the big mistake reversed by VAR, Jesse played better.
    First game in a while I FFd through without even watching it end.
    Gruezo and Acosta - sucked defensively.
    Grana - nice job ball watching and failing to see the guy running in behind for their first goal.
    Zim - WTF? Way to flush the game in the toilet right after halftime, especially when it looked like me might make something of this if we kept playing as we did late in the first half.
    So awful how we tracked their guys off the ball. Maybe we can learn something from their off the ball movement in the attacking end.
    Some of the midfielders looked like NBA players pacing themselves midseason to save it for the playoffs.

19. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe these boards are dying because the software is so crappy.
    I use different browsers and OSs at home and work. The BS software sucks both places.

Auriaprottu and burning247 repped this.
  20. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think most new software is worse than older stuff. More clicks to get places, not as intuitive. For internet stuff I kind of get it as they are trying to get extra adds but that doesn't explain my work software in which every new program takes at least twice as long to do something as the one it's replacing.

21. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably because there are 100 more companies trying to mine your personal purchasing profile.

22. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another odd thing is that they all went to shit at the same time. I wonder if Oscar's head has been turned by offers too. Are clubs coming for our players and coaches?

23. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The flaming dumpster that is this team is because of...

• Grana is garbage. Doesn't add much offensively and what he does add, doesn't hold a candle to what he costs us defensively. He has to sit.
    • Hedges was broken by the USMNT experience.
    • Zim hasn't been the same since his injury against our little brother.
    • Acosta may not have been broken by his USMNT experience the way that Hedges was but he definitely isn't the same. A combination of reading too much about his shortcomings on one hand and getting his head turned by all the hype surrounding him this season.
    • Gruezo isn't as effective as usual lately. He's not costing us like Grana but he needs to get better.
    • Our whole offense revolves around Barrios, Maxi and Diaz. Diaz is only now looking more like his old self. Barrios and Maxi get their ass kicked by entire defenses every game. If they don't produce, we're f ucked. Maxi had a few chances yesterday that we've seen him bury on many occasions. It was just one of those games. Barrios did well running at them as well but he can't do it all himself.
    • We never found a true replacement for Castillo. Castillo is not going to be easy to replace but Lamah ain't it (someone who finally did get benched btw).
    • Colman isn't what we all hoped he would be but Pareja isn't doing him any favors throwing him on late in games when we're already broken. He needs to start and start every f ucking game as far as I'm concerned. Him and Maxi need to be giving defenses fits while Diaz feeds them every which way. If he's can't convert Mauro service, then we can really put him out to pasture.

We have a talented team and we have the entire league scratching their head when they think about our struggles. Most of the shit going on right now is mental. We need to remove some of the gout (Grana, Acosta, Lamah) and insert a few new faces. We must score first against Seattle. We also must win. These guys need a confidence boost in the worst way. The rest will take care of itself.

TCS35 repped this.
  24. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Acosta played OK. I agree that something is off with Gruezo but I'm not sure how much he played for Ecuador and he did have some major travel. The team always has trouble when going from playing 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1 with Diaz missing and then there. It's been exacerbated by all the new callups and the Zimmerman injury. I also am really begging to wonder about OP's tactics this year where he has a non-defensive back on one side and a non-offensive back on the other. The balance is all wrong because of the outside backs and I will throw in that the US is having the same problem. Having backs out of phase with the rest of the team makes eveyone else look poor. No help offensively or defensively results in what we are seeing now. Cannon at right back and Hollingshead at left back evens out the the left and right with a bit of offense and defense from both sides and hopefully no more super cheap goals.

TCS35 repped this.
  25. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barrios changes from left to right during the course of the game, I guess to vary the attack. At times this puts non-defensive Barrios in front of limited defense Grana. We've been burned several times in this stretch of badness with those two being attacked while on the same side.
    Either get some cover to that side or keep a defensive defender like Fig behind Barrios.