09/10 News & Results Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by prk166, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Saintsfan07

Saintsfan07 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well we're officially out of contention for playoffs now :( but you know what? I'm not disappointed one bit, we were cemented to the bottom of the table with -10! What a season, I would be scared of us if I'm a supporter for any other team next season. Let's hope we're able to keep the team together and next year we'll be contesting for 1st place and an automatic promotion! Come On You Saints!!!
    (Also just heard on Sky Sports News that Pompey are expected to start next season in the Championship at -17! :p)

2. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    It's not surprising to see so many cleared out of the squad. I'm a bit sad about a couple of the vets. And some long time Saints like Gillett and Poke are moving on.

I was a bit surprised to see Lancashire being let go on a free though.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6155470,00.html

Veteran defenders Graeme Murty, Chris Perry and Wayne Thomas are all leaving St Mary's, along with Lloyd James and Simon Gillett.

Oliver Lancashire, Jamie White, Michael Poke, Jon Otsemobor, Jake Thomson, Kayne McLaggon, Tom Dunford and Jack Boyle are on the way out, but Bartosz Bialkowski and Ryan Doble have been offered new terms.

3. Saintsfan07

Saintsfan07 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England