09/1: Separate: FCD vs Houston [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Sep 1, 2018.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Game: FC Dallas vs Houston Dynamo
    Date: Saturday, September 1st
    Time: 7:00 PM [CST]
    Location: Toyota Stadium, Frisco, Texas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy; H 93, L 76
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Last 5 For Opponent: L-D-L-L-L
    Live TV: KTXA-21 [DFW] | KUBE-57 [Houston] | ESPN+ [Out of Market]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

Please win.

2. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I need that cannon.

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Looks like I missed a good one...

4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah me too. Does that mean we need to miss the next one to ensure a win?

5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Due to family obligations, I was only able to watch the last 20 minutes live, and it wasn't showing up on the ESPN+ replay schedule Sunday and yesterday. After a call to ESPN+ support, it's now showing up, and it's the FCD feed.

EricSunRa repped this.
  6. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Mosquera with one of the luckiest braces in a while but he played well and it's nice to see him starting to get more output into his game now since his return. Still think he holds onto the ball a little too long at times, but his understanding of his role and his importance in the team is growing. That LW spot should be his going into the post-season, although we'll see what happens when Lamah is back in the rotation.

Despite all these signings over the summer, getting Barrios back to his best is the best addition FCD got in the last few months. So good to see him making his chances count again lately and not feel like every attack is going to die with him at the end of it.

Good performance going forward and very nice to bring the cannon back here even though it never should have left DFW to begin with if not for the stupid tiebreaker rules, but still a lot of work to do for this team defensively before the playoffs. Some much needed rest now with the int'l break where hopefully a few of the issues in this team get addressed and they come back getting into post-season form with the playoffs just around the corner now.

7. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    So... Who are they?

The team that beat ATL in a comeback thriller, traveled to SKC and returned with a fantastic three points, took re-possession of El Capitan by throttling Houston at home?

Or.

The team that lost to San Jose, twice? Or struggled to beat a really poor Houston team in two previous opportunities, allowed Colorado to take points back from Frisco?

Seriously, go back and look at the team's schedule and walk thru it. What a weird run of both exciting and disappointing results. I have no idea how good this team is other than it appears almost certain to make the playoffs and then, all bets are off.

Interestingly, after the Houston game last weekend in the press conference Oscar answered my question of if that night's starting 11 was now his "primary 11" with a rambling answer that hinted at his desire to be able to roll out different starting lineups and formations as that game dictated. This concerns me. OP's longest runs of success have come when he settles on and commits to a solid group of 11-12 players and gets them running.

With three (very) new faces still learning everyone's name - getting them really integrated will be fascinating to watch.

Most interesting is this: Of the three best wins (ATL, @KC, HOU) the center mid pairing was Ulloa and Gruezo.

8. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'll be in Mexico DF that weekend, so I'm already way ahead of you. ;)

Pegasus repped this.
  9. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Yes! I was camping that weekend and had one of those moments we've all had over the years looking for a stream/replay and getting increasingly angry. Then I was resigned to the idea that ESPN was not going to make it available.

Now I can watch it while I work today. science + soccer

10. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kevin Stott, welcome to position #2 in my list of Most Hated MLS Refs, right behind Ted Unkel. Stott refs like he has to pay $5 every time he blows his whistle. And that PK, geez. I think everyone in the stadium except Stott thought Ulloa's challenge on Alvarez (man, how is he still getting paid to play soccer?) was good.

11. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Man, we've always had a tough time against San Jose despite their league position. Oscar Pareja's FCD has taken 41% of the points against SJ but overall, San Jose has taken 61% of the points from FC Dallas/Burn.

12. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FCD is like a box of chocolates.

13. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC