08/4: Mr. 100: FCD vs San Jose [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Aug 2, 2018.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The one thing I can say that I've always been impressed about Colman is his ability to read the plays and know exactly where to be. Maybe Clavijo/Pareja saw someone they could develop. I don't know but the amount of money we paid for him (in the Hunt universe) is insane for the return product we got.

2. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    $2mm was the reported fee. It stands as the biggest fee paid by the club to date.

3. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a pretty good evening, except for the actual game. Good crowd in a festive mood. Good turnout for the unveiling of the south end. I shook hands with Briana Scurry (an actual World Cup winner!). Fireworks after the game were good as usual. Now I have a bunch of free swag to commemorate a game where we stunk up the place.
    I saw Santiago Mosquera before the game and asked him when he'd be back playing. "I don't know. Who knows?" was his response. That's not encouraging.
    Dan Hunt was all over the stadium before and during the game. Say what you like about our FO, but he definitely cares about what happens on the field. He had exactly the same reaction as I did when Urruti hit the crossbar.
    I was thinking SJ's last goal was just a case of us being worn out after pressing for the tying goal, but after watching the replay, that goal was embarrassing. Wondo beats 3 of our defenders to slot the ball across?!?
    Complete team loss. I was so depressed afterward, I wasn't even up for a consolation beer.

4. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #29 SabreKhan, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    re: Colman scouting - Sometimes the player shows all the right stuff on the scouting report and just doesn't pan out. I mean, he had basically a goal every third game in Paraguay, he's 6-ft tall, he's clearly got the athletic chops. Coming in, I'd have said he was a pretty good bet.

Given that we've got some of the best low-budget talent in the league on the whole, I'm willing to give the talent scouts a pass every once in awhile. It was an expensive miss, no doubt, but I think it's time we just cut bait and move on. He's not nearly as bad as Denilson, for instance (who somehow conned somebody into letting him play three more years of professional soccer after leaving FC Dallas). Maybe Colman goes to a different team playing a different style and finds success (paging Kellyn Acosta).