08/3: The Lion King: Orlando vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Aug 2, 2019.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

Game: Orlando City SC vs FC Dallas
    Date: Saturday, August 3rd
    Time: 6:30 [DFW] | 7:30 pm [Local] | 23:30 [Universal]
    Location: Exploria Stadium, Orlando, Florida, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Thunderstorms; H 86, L 76
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Opponent's Recent Form: L-L-D-W-D
    Live TV: KTXA-21 [DFW] | KAMR-4.2 [Amarillo] | KMYL-22.2 [Lubbock] | KFXK-51.2 [Tyler] | KFDX-28.2 (KJBO) [Wichita Falls] | WRBW-41 [Orlando] | YouTube [Orlando] | ESPN+ [USA] | DAZN [Canada]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | KFLC 1270 AM Univision [Spanish]

2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pro tip: The best way to avoid subjecting yourself to watching the ineptitude of the FC Dallas attack is to leave the country.

I know, I've checked this weekend.

3. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Ug. not good across the board (except Jesse). even this team's solid defending all looked soaked in the Orlando humidity. If this wasn't the 4th game in six without a goal, I'd just chalk it up to a "bad night" - but it is more than that.

I'll add this: I was stunned Gyasi started. that guy clearly didn't have 20 minutes in him during last week's Dallas type of heat. Orlando humidity is brutally soul sucking and while I won't question just how bad his groin pull is, I'm not 100% sure he wasn't simply already spent 30 minutes into the game. The incident he went down didn't appear to be any more than a good clean tackle and he went down, in the PK area, and just stayed there. He looked like he'd run a triathlon.

And while I'm also willing to admit we've seen less than 45 minutes of time from him and it's prolly not fair - I'm already very close to declaring he's not an "impactful player". His chart is attached. The highlight may be Ryan yelling at him for running away and not supporting on an attack. He wants to go one direction and use one foot. Every time he got the ball, a OC player went directly for Edwin's left foot and took the ball from him more times than not.

There's so many issues on the attacking half of the field. I'm confused by Ferreria at this point, and considering his coach's indecision on where he wants him probably isn't helping. Yes, pulling Servania and making Pax the 8 helped, but I don't think Jesus is quick enough in decision making or creative enough to play that advance midfield role. Don't even get me going on Mosquera who just cannot complete a sequence of any type or form.

Much of what is wrong with the team is tied to a very young coach who seems to be determined to force his roster into playing a style that 1) isn't conducive to hot temps, 2) requires a LOT more creativity in the final 3rd and 3) seems to either lack predetermined sequences of play or can't get his guys to translate them on the field.

Again, all very predictable from the get-go when you consider the lack of experience from all sides. When you sell off your one truly experienced player, all of those other issues just get more irritated.

Attached Files:

5. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The highlight for me was when Gyasi took that right-footed shot and it went out for a throw-in. I think we now know why he only uses his left.

I think it’s abundantly clear an offensive impact player is needed. I’d trade Ondrasek, Mosquera, and Gyasi for one competent goal scorer.

6. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    I don't recall that from last night - now I DO remember Badji doing just that last week against RSL in the 28th minute.

7. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What idiot would make that deal unless they're trying to build a team including a player from every continent on earth? Which federation is Antarctica in?